Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 12-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Arrow 1way

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
What is wrong with your one-way?

Jeff
well the I have with the car is not the same as the others it has a solid shaft that go's throu the gear and the 1way is in each side of the outdrives and they slide on the shaft ......
Old 12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default corally rdx

hello,
i got a corally off of a guy and i have benn raced it 3 times on an indoor carpet track.whats a good droop reading for the front/back?i also heard to go one mm over droop for ride height.is this right?any info would be good.

thanks,
matt morris
Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by morris
hello,
i got a corally off of a guy and i have benn raced it 3 times on an indoor carpet track.whats a good droop reading for the front/back?i also heard to go one mm over droop for ride height.is this right?any info would be good.

thanks,
matt morris
Hey Matt

I measured my RDX droops this way:

Take tyres off the car and place it example in your table. Then measure droop totally end of the wishbones front and rear.

That is exact way to do it wright
Old 12-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Droop

There are many ways to "properly" set the droop, its just a matter of how you want to measure it. The way I like to do it requires the exact same size tires all the way around. So if you are running rubber, piece of cake. But if you are on foam it can be a little tricky, the tires must be the same size. First, I back out the droop screws so they won't restrict when you set ride height. I like to back the shock collars all the way out, and make a line with a sharpie on both the shock body and the collar, so I can set the ride height and make sure the pre-load on each spring is the same. For example, on foam, I will usually run at about 4mm. To set the droop I meaure how much physical up-travel the chassis has before the tires come off the ground. So If I am going to run 1.5 mm droop in the back, I will set the ride height gague under the back of the chassis at 5.5 mil, then adjust the droop screws until each tire barely touches the setup board. The same rule applys for setting it in the front too. This is a good way to see if your chassis is tweeked too. If everything is set dead center (droop, tire size, ride height, spring pre-load) take the tires off and check the droop with a gague. If it reads differently side to side, you know something is tweeked.

Hopefully that wasn't too complicated, it was a little long winded.

Brett
Old 12-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yup, thats how I measure droop. It takes into consideration the overal dia of the tires. If you just use a droop guage the same number on the guage will not work for both rubber and foam tires. The diameters of the tires are too different.

-Korey
Old 12-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Keep in mind that as foam tires go down, there is less sidewall flex, so less side-bite. I typically increase droop (per physical up-travel, not the # on the gauge) to make up for that.

Brett
Old 12-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

happy holidays everyone
Old 12-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation droop

Same to you Jeff!!!! and everyone else..... Jeff on my 415 I run 4 to 5mm droop I just got a rdx and I see for stock rubber I need to run between 2.5 to 3.5 droop FT & rear ...when I set it this way I see theres not much up travle before droop allmoste rides on the screws is thst ok useing tamiya shocks I guess its ok I'm just not use to such less droop for rubber
Old 12-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Champion

Default rdx

droop,
yea i preload the shock collars.then usyally take tires off.i have been using one of those black associated droop tool.i am running i am running like i think 4 in the front and 3 in the back.then i was setting my ride height at 5mm all the way around.yeai make sure that my foams are the same size.so in reality if i back droop screws all the way out.set ride height and then bring down the srews intill the tires the hit the board?thats the way will have to try it out.

thx,
matt
Old 12-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

droop again,
yea this is going to be fun to learn
so if i am using say starting out at a 57mm foam tire.i have my shock collars pre-loaded the same amount of turns out.whats is my next thing to do.do i back droop screws all the way out,then set the ride height,then bring the droop screws back down to the tires just hit the board.and as jeff was saying.i got the car with like 12 sets of foams all trued down to 57.as i loose tire from where i increase droop?
thx for the info guys.

you can also e-mail me at

[email protected]
Old 12-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MERRY CHRISTmas All Corally drivers....

-Shookie <><
Old 12-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's kinda funny watching your kids open there christmas presants when every other presant my wife had to use a Corally box, thats when I tould here thats the only reason I buy so much is for the boxes.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monte Hess
It's kinda funny watching your kids open there christmas presants when every other presant my wife had to use a Corally box, thats when I tould here thats the only reason I buy so much is for the boxes.
If I were your kids I would be pretty darn upset if I unwrap a COrally Box and there was a stinking sweater in side...Someone would have themselves another ugly tie next year for sure......
-Shookie <><
Old 12-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

too true... we have tried to get Monte's kids involved in RC, but hasnt worked... just yet anyway!

p.s. i wish Santa would bring me a Savage....J/K
Old 12-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Talking droop

I use the David Jun Method fond on TamiyaUSA.com its the most precise way
I found [(Td/2) + 2)- Ha] - Rh = Droop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.