Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Corally RDX Touring Car >

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Old 11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
what are the plus's of the short shock towers ? sorry still pretty new to rc
Mainly to lower the front body to help it turn. Plus you can say, "I am using lowered shock towers".

Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Plus you can say, "I am using lowered shock towers".

Jeff
Thats why I will get them.....LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 11-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Thats why I will get them.....LOL
-Shookie <><
That is the best reason anyways.............. Image is everything.

Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

"lowered shock tower" just sounds fast, dont it?

i signed up for the Novak race for Brushless... hope i can fit that HUGE speedo in my car!

Wes
Old 11-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

jeff,

how much are the arm extenders to make the "magic" 4th hole????

and if i call tomorrow, could i have them by sat????

Matt
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mr. losi
jeff,

how much are the arm extenders to make the "magic" 4th hole????

and if i call tomorrow, could i have them by sat????

Matt

ummmmmmm.......... the extensions are included in the kit. No charge on that part in the kit. hehe.

Jeff
Old 11-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Well, it just creates different "pack" on the dampening. The thinner oil will move easier in the smaller holes, but still have pack in the shocks since the holes are smaller. Same but different.

I am assuming you were running the smaller holes in the back. If you had the bigger holes in the back then it would lock it in a lot and make the front end super stiff. I guess I forgot to ask that.

Jeff
Jeff, I should have been more clear. I was running the car where one rear shock piston had larger holes than the other rear shock. Not really sure how this would effect the car, if anything. But the up and down movement of the piston in the shock body, no springs, was noticably different between the two rear shocks.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Mainly to lower the front body to help it turn. Plus you can say, "I am using lowered shock towers".

Jeff

help it turn,,,,, theres alot of steering in the car already..... but if you ment get it to dive with authority into the corners then i am all about it
Old 11-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The GTB fits in the RDX just fine. Using it in conjunction with the 4300 is a brilliant practice setup. It was a wreck with the 5800 though, I don't have anywhere near the skills to wheel that kind of power, and broke lots of parts.

If you're going to race brushless, you should definitely practice with it all the time. I've found it very different, especially with the reduced friction braking, and the insane, ungodly amount of torque. The 5800 would make my car "bark" when it increased power, no matter where I was at in the throttle. I can't imagine what a 6.5 or 5.5 is like.

Good luck in brushless. If I get good enough to justify a trip to a big event, I'll make sure to find one that offers a brushless class.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Default Flowers For RDX

Dear RDX,

While I may occasionally drool over the new T2, I promise I'm not cheating on you. As long as they continue to use those ridiculous shocks, no matter how nice they look in the morning, I'll never leave your side.

<3 RDX Forever, or until your hotter sister is of age!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Dear RDX,

While I may occasionally drool over the new T2, I promise I'm not cheating on you. As long as they continue to use those ridiculous shocks, no matter how nice they look in the morning, I'll never leave your side.

<3 RDX Forever, or until your hotter sister is of age!
Are you sure you can resist the temptation of luxury?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Are you sure you can resist the temptation of luxury?
Obviously not, I drive an RDX. :-) Despite my occasional bitching, I love the car. I just have the "gotta get something new" bug that a lot of us seem to suffer from around here. I'm happy to be ordering a few upgraded parts today, and not a new kit plus a grand in new spare parts.

It's not clear what good a new car would do me, since I'm just now able to finish races without hitting anything, and that's not happening regularly enough. This is taking much longer to master than my elite fighting game skills. :-(
Old 12-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So Ray only had the car for 2 weeks?? Thats called skillmanship!! I guess the other Corally drivers really gave him help with it... Unbelievable!!

RDX must be an industry leader, because the T2 is looking more and more like the RDX!! lower top deck ... layout of the electronics..
Im still running my RDX!!

RCFREAK
Old 12-01-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The GTB fits in the RDX just fine. Using it in conjunction with the 4300 is a brilliant practice setup. It was a wreck with the 5800 though, I don't have anywhere near the skills to wheel that kind of power, and broke lots of parts.

If you're going to race brushless, you should definitely practice with it all the time. I've found it very different, especially with the reduced friction braking, and the insane, ungodly amount of torque. The 5800 would make my car "bark" when it increased power, no matter where I was at in the throttle. I can't imagine what a 6.5 or 5.5 is like.

Good luck in brushless. If I get good enough to justify a trip to a big event, I'll make sure to find one that offers a brushless class.
GTB fits great...you may have to reposition the receiver though. I run it on carpet with foams and a Velociti 5.5 motor. It hangs with the pro tuned 7 turns on the straight and is amazing in the infield. It's a 100ft straight too so there's plenty of time for it to wind out. Enjoy it!! It's great to run the car, clean it off, then sit in your pit and wonder what to do next rather than cutting the com.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey jeff..

all the stuff is all sold out???? I just call this morning
no more lower shock tower? brass bushing????? diff bolts???

~Ming

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.