Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
ROAR region#1 race this weekend, could you please help brotha out with a outdoor set-up using the lower and upper carpet chassis, parking lot smooth pavement
http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/setup...harlieRROC.pdf
Old 08-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Even after break in I am seeing that they still run a bit off center.....It causes some major chatter when at full thorttle and at full steering....Chould this be the case...just ordered a new belt to see if it was just a faulty belt....Just wanted your thoughts....

Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Chatter? Are you running a spool? If you are then everyones car does that. The belts are always moving during a run and never really run "centered".

Jeff
Old 08-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

COOL than chatter it is....LOL
Just wanted to make sure....Mucho Garcias....Better to have a spare belt regaurdless.
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Chatter? Are you running a spool? If you are then everyones car does that. The belts are always moving during a run and never really run "centered".

Jeff
Old 08-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
COOL than chatter it is....LOL
Just wanted to make sure....Mucho Garcias....Better to have a spare belt regaurdless.
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Yeah....... it looks violent on the pit bench but isn't as bad on the track. The solid axle causes this as the outside wheel wants to run faster through a turn. A friend this weekend thought he car was broken it looked so funky this weekend.

Jeff
Old 08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah it changes a bit when there is a little bit of load. Also on any sedan I've had the front end chatters when it's up on a stand. I think it's mostly from the CVD's and the extreme angles and loads they are subjected to. A spool tends to amplify the problem. I learned from a good friend of mine that if your turning the wheels that much your setup isnt as efficient as it could be. So basically I changed the car setup to have more steering so I didnt have to turn the wheel all the way. The result is it puts the cvd's and tires at less of angle, thus less chatter. Since the tires aren't at such an extreme angle it also allows you to carry more forward momentum and corner speed.

-Korey
Old 08-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

try 2 degree caster blocks and the rear link should be one in on the rear hub carrier not all the way out...one other thing i used in the front thats not on the sheet..the front ballstud has the assasian ballstud thats raises up about 3 mm or so i think..got the parts from toso dont know what they are called ..taller ballstud jeff help me out please..thanks charlie
Old 08-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

The upper kingpins?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Guys i was doing the final touched to my rdx and i was wondering on the steering link in the middle below the top deck does the turnbuckle have the be the same size on each side because i can turn left and it would go all the way but when i turn right it does not go all they way like it should

Thanks,

Wills
Old 08-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Left and right steering turnbuckles should be exactly the same length. If your servo horn is on where your servo is centered, and the servo saver is pointing straight up, then you need to adjust the link from the servo so that you have equal steering mechanical steering throw. With the middle link, adjust it so that both bellcranks are parallel with the topdeck. From there, make sure your left and right EPA's on the transmitter are not throwing this off...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Guys i was doing the final touched to my rdx and i was wondering on the steering link in the middle below the top deck does the turnbuckle have the be the same size on each side because i can turn left and it would go all the way but when i turn right it does not go all they way like it should

Thanks,

Wills
The link on your servo saver is probably hitting the servo. It needs to be in the middle of the servo saver and right near the top.

Jeff
Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
The upper kingpins?
ya man upper king pins, they come in two sizes, short about 2mm the other about 3 or 4mm im using the shorter of the two..i think its a assaian upgrade part..ask Mr.Brown he might have a part number..im running the upper outer link too, this ballstud makes the camber link flat like the bones & lower arms..the rear was outside ,down....check it..bitter
Old 08-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

im running stock rubber tires and just wanted to know if a 1-way will really improved my lap times??? because im not too far from the from the leader about .4 sec and wanted to know if a 1 way will improve or just buy some carbide diff ball for smoother diff???

whats guys think??

Later!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

When I slapped a one way in my car my lap times dropped about .2-.3 per lap. Just carries much more corner speed when setup correctly.

-Korey
Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yep, oneways are always quicker.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Not always, they suck when it gets really hot and you have tires that cant take the heat. I only use a one way on carpet on rubber tires. All other times I usually use a spool for anything else, and with foams a ball diff is usually best.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.