Chad Bradley goes to JQ!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rageworks
A vid of Chad running The Car,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mRC-h1cO8
I'd like to see it ran on a bigger, rougher track. Some of us
have better tracks set up in our back yards than that one.
I will definitly be hitting up some more tracks soon. I wanted to run THE Car at Hot Rods at first to get a feel for what it does, I have so much time there that its easy for me to get a feel of it quickly and get an idea of the characteristics of the car. Lap time wise Hot Rods stays very consistent, so when you do make setup changes its noticable and track conditions stay the same for months and months.

JQ will be in CA and we will be doing alot of testing together in the coming weeks at different tracks.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Rennekamp
Alright, now we are getting somewhere! Thanks guys for the posts, escpessially Chad. Obvioulsy he is reading these. I understand that there is a lot of "business" involved here and I realize that many things have to be kept hush, hush for the time being but how bout it Chad, can you tell us anything, at all, on what is going on with Jammin Products? I hate to keep harping but we have run Jammin stuff for a long time and still have the X2 vehicals. I don't really want to switch to anything just yet for money reasons (what we have, for the most part, is good to go for this spring) but I also hear how "outdated" these vehicals are. I don't really beleive a diffrent chassis is going to make much diffrence for us at the level we are currently at, but it might, I don't know. The point is this, we switched electric brands once because we thought the "other company" was selling out and than look what happened. I would hate to see something new (nitro) come out of Jammin and than have the "Here we go again" delima, but I also don't want to hinder any progression we may be able to achieve if we go with something else. Anything would be great, even a "can't say anything know, just wait a few more days, weeks, months etc would be great! Thanks everybody!

Some may think that Jay put R/C on the back burning to persure the full size offroad racing, but thats completly false. Jay really only did it when time permitted. He's been extreamly busy with the development and improvements to the SCRT-10 4wd SC the last couple years plus other R/C projects, which was one of the smartest ideas I had seen, to convert the CRT.5 to the SCRT-10.

I have come to believe, "If it doesnt involve me, I dont want to know" I would prefer to just concentrate on my racing and not the behind the scenes stuff. So its not my position to comment on Jammin, Ofna or HongNor's business. I would like to say its been a honor being apart of thier race program, and getting to learn from them the past 5 years.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm2TI-OneO4

this might be the vid being referred to earlier, lol, bought the 'slow guy'

GOOD LUCK TO YOU 2011!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Chad, thank you so much! I totally understand on your view of the business side of things. I do appriciate your straght forward reply though, that is all I have been wanting hear. It is just that me and my son have been trying to take our hobby as far as we can go in it and I know we really need to step it up (by attending more big races and doing really well at club races and continue to help the other racers as much as possible) but I also have that thought in the back of my head "Are we running the right stuff, is our stuff really not up to par with the other companies at this time or are they? Would we do better and shave lap times with another chassis manuf. I guess the other bottom line is that if the company we support doesn't have anybody left to support us (i.e. Chad or Taylor or whoever there to give help or tips or just winning big races to make the buying public feel good about what they have or what they are about to buy). I guess my thing is if we are going to race something, we just want to know that there is someone there (a company) to back us up on anything, (parts, support, whatever), then, if not, than I can justify spending the money to switch to something else. Chad thanks again for the striaght reply and the very best of luck to you and the JQ team this year!
Old 01-01-2011, 08:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chad bradley

I have come to believe, "If it doesnt involve me, I dont want to know" I would prefer to just concentrate on my racing and not the behind the scenes stuff. So its not my position to comment on Jammin, Ofna or HongNor's business. I would like to say its been a honor being apart of thier race program, and getting to learn from them the past 5 years.
Definition of a professional... Great stuff Chad.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Adept

I agree +1!