Search

JQ The Car or DNX408

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkracer24
almost only counts in two things........horse shoes and hand grenades

I would say go with either the Serpent or the JQ because they both had real racers design them, no only that some of the best racers in the industry so they have a little better idea of what works on the track than what looks like a shelf queen.....speaking of the new cars....imo

LOL tell us how you really feel about the Durango Leon
Old 12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

having a new buggy is always great. get to say i have $%%^&&&* and everyone is eyeing it up.But only downside is setups takes time to find out what works what dosnt and then there is always that missing key point that makes the car work flawless for ya but you never figure it out till 8 races later lol. But if i was to pick one of the 2 it would probubly be THE CAR.. good luck on the choice just remember though new isnt always better....
Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Every time I start the JQ vs Durango comparison I end up with the Serpent top on the list. I'm hoping to order tomorrow so I gotta get it figured out quick.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Personally I think you should save yourself almost $200. I lost all interest in the Durango when they came out claiming it was fast enough to win the worlds...
Fast enough to win the Worlds, huh? Apparently it was slow enough to lose it too. That whole line of thinking is just silly.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
Fast enough to win the Worlds, huh? Apparently it was slow enough to lose it too. That whole line of thinking is just silly.
+1
Old 12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
I really dont like that post for the title of their thread AT ALL.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanem121
I really dont like that post for the title of their thread AT ALL.
I kinda like it ALOT. They were saying lap times were close enough to win. I know lap times dont win races so flame away.

.........attaching flame retardant suit.

The DNX408 is the way to go in my opinion. The car does not have aligned diffs, making the outdrives on 1 side shorter. Can anybody say DNF. And if you do DNF for this reason. The company offers ice cream????
Old 12-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
I kinda like it ALOT. They were saying lap times were close enough to win. I know lap times dont win races so flame away.

.........attaching flame retardant suit.

The DNX408 is the way to go in my opinion. The car does not have aligned diffs, making the outdrives on 1 side shorter. Can anybody say DNF. And if you do DNF for this reason. The company offers ice cream????
HAHAHA best post in this thread so far.

I was waiting and waiting and patiently waiting for the JQ car to be released, hell I even bought 2 t shirts and I gotta say that diff issue made me hold off for a little bit. Time will tell what happens. No car is perfect on its 1st run, they all have issues. IMO the driveline is a pretty major one only because there is no consumer fix besides limiting droop and even then its not fixed. As a result of this and personal past experience with this issue, I went with Durango, plus I run truggy too and if the truggy looks as pretty as the buggy it will be well worth it and even more Ryan Lutz races with us sometimes. But I still think the JQ car is a very nice buggy and I will prob end up getting one, just not right now.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

not to be a ass or anything but i have driven just about ever buggy out there if you need a list let me know i ran some of them more then once

hands down the snake is the car to run it can be set up for smooth drivers or all the way down to truggy finger straped drivers

serpent also has a great race team for set up help and most of them are on rctech
Old 12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would read every post/page of the JQ/Durango threads and read everything that the web-sites say about each car and then make an educated decision. Seriously read all through the threads. Do your research, it will take some time.

That being said I don't think you could go wrong with either car. They are both probably going to be pretty sweet.

If price is the most important factor for you then I would get the JQ car, if price is not really a factor then I would get the Durango.

Not that it really means anything, but I purchased the Durango DNX408 and it's going to be freaking awesome.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

You have every right to like the Durango.... Hope the the throttle linkage mess works out for ya. It's cool to have something very thought out, but to me that looks a little over done.... Sometimes simpler is better for ME, because in gas racing there is way too many things that can already go wrong.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Hey Frank... you ran a Losi truggy all year correct? Did you ever have the drive shaft pop out on the front of your losi truck? I have been running my 2.0 truggy for two years like the picture below and have had zero shafts pop out.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

this thread is excellent, however as with so many subjects in life perhaps there are conversations or discussions we should just never have, or agree to disagree on. the classics of course are religion and politics .....

HOWEVER ......

Choosing between the Durango or THE car (as with all buggies) really is a matter of personal opinion, especially once all the variable are thrown in, availability, support, budget, driver, driving style, ability etc.

I think THE car and JQ products are perhaps the first ? 1/8th scale buggy where you may perhaps be buying into an philosophy ? for more reasons than just the obvious price / racing / driving / performance issues etc.

A lot of people (judging by various posts on forums, websites etc) seem to really like the way JQ has developed and presented this buggy to us the racers. It seems people have signed up to his personal and his companies approach and racing spirit ? as it aligns with their ideas and objectives about racing and buggies in general ?

In case you think I have an axe to grind, I still drive a losi 8 1.0. Its a ton of car for me because I still cant make it go as fast as Mr Drake did ........

btw the poster who posted about only getting icecream or something CLEARLY doesnt get where JQ is coming from !
Old 12-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Ei8ht
I'm wondering the same thing right now! I'm between the durango, JQ, Serpent or Agama. Not to hijack the OP's thread, but how do you guys think the agama and serpent would fit into this mix? Coming from a Losi 8ight 2.0...
I too am confused with all the new cars coming out. The serpent Cobra is doing pretty well here in our parts of the world seems to be a fast car but has had trouble with servo issues. If the new radio tray comes in I might buy one here cause its locally available and parts support is not an issue. To me its very xrayish with more steering.

I already have the agama. I came from an 808, they are two different buggy and each has his own advantages and disadvantages. The Agama is an Aggressive Fast Car Over all if you can handle it. It accelerates better and jumps very very well. I am faster with the Agama now but not that consistent yet. I am about 1-2 sec slower using an 808 but I cam more consistent with it. I am trying o setup the agama so that ill be consistent with it.

I already purchased JQ's Car off Amain. Just Waiting for it. I like the Engineering JQ put on this car. I just like to support New Guys that comes in this hobby. But I am not sure if It will be the car for me.

I will get the Durango from our Local Hobby Shop Here. I just like to have it cause it really looks cool and has a lot of technology put in so I am interested.

I just like to build new kits. Its fun!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

I see some people brought up cost of the cars. Check and compare parts cost. Very interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.