Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Wish Tracks Would Outlaw These...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I am 6" 4' so no need for one for me. But I know 2 years ago and the Candaian Winter Nationals. Steven Dandiluk(Sp?) used his Futaba radio case and they DQ'Ed him. Bull if you ask me.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

These don't bother me as much as people who think the rail is to lean on and out over it.. one track I used to race at, the announcer would tell ya.." radios behind the rail guys" just became habit for me.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
These don't bother me as much as people who think the rail is to lean on and out over it.. one track I used to race at, the announcer would tell ya.." radios behind the rail guys" just became habit for me.
Our track announcer just tells us not to lean over the railing. I try and be the 1st up on the stand and get the middle. I guess being tall helps lots also.

-Shane
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default railing

wow ok ill stay back from the railing.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the fun guys are the ones who rest their elbows on the railing and lean. thats there driving style mind you. But I am the dick because I has to tell them not to do that, since my eyes are not strong enough to see though them.

much worse than any booster seat.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

It kills me when guys that are 6ft or taller use them. I'm 5'5 and I have no problem seeing the whole track (3). I'm just waiting for this one guy in particular to fall over the rail from leaning forward too much and the stool slipping out from underneath of him
Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnny t
the fun guys are the ones who rest their elbows on the railing and lean. thats there driving style mind you. But I am the dick because I has to tell them not to do that, since my eyes are not strong enough to see though them.

Agreed.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t

+1, but one worse is when you shoulder to shoulder on the stand and the guy next to you turning, leaning, and jumping with everything his car does.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bboard
+1, but one worse is when you shoulder to shoulder on the stand and the guy next to you turning, leaning, and jumping with everything his car does.
LOL. +1. "Back in the day" when everyone actually had long antennas on their radio, after the 3rd time I got hit in the face by the same guys antenna, I reached over and turned his radio off during the race. Needless to say he never swung his antenna in my face again, lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I don't mind the steps. I'm 6' tall and the rail height is usually right where I hold my radio. I hold it tight to my body with the foot right against my waistline. The radio ALWAYS hits/bumps the edge of the railing. I'm not "over" on top of the rail, but inline with it to the side; so I wind up having to stand back from the rail. Well, that doesn't work out too hot when everyone else it right up against it and I'm standing 8" or better behind the drivers.

So yea, a 10" step or so allows me to be against the railing with my radio just above it. I've never had anyone complain about having to look at my radio because I don't lean OVER the railing into the line of sight.

If someone manages to fall over the railing while using a step stool, they deserved to. You had it coming because if you're standing on the *bottom* step of any device, there's no way you're going to fall over a typical safety rail. It would take some *serious* effort to do that.

The radio "fisherman" is the one that bothers me. Somehow whipping the radio around helps "reel" the car into going where you want it to.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
LOL. +1. "Back in the day" when everyone actually had long antennas on their radio, after the 3rd time I got hit in the face by the same guys antenna, I reached over and turned his radio off during the race. Needless to say he never swung his antenna in my face again, lol.
Now that's funny right there....

Brandon, I'll make sure I don't stick my head out in front of you when we're on the stand....or at the very least I'll keep my thumb over the power switch!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A few years back, I raced with a guy that looked like he was sword fighting on the stand. I would just move down a spot or two so I wouldn't lose an eye.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton

I crack up when people follow their car back and forth with their radio. LOL. Just stand still please!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34

I crack up when people follow their car back and forth with their radio. LOL. Just stand still please!

oh yea, i remember racing with a guy in a truggy class that wouldnt stay still and was turning his steering wheel and the trigger like a machine gun then whould start yelling when he wrecks lol.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I raced with a guy that would yell out before he wrecked. He knew it was coming. It was something like........"need a little help....BAM!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.