Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Ummmmm yes you did.
Hahaha sorry.
But still, it says quick (not to be picky)
I still see it can race up against the Capricorn, but given the same driver the Capricorn is still going to outperform the RRR, anyday.
Sorry for whatever I might have said that was contradictory O.o
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Whats TQing the worlds got to do with it? I was just stating that the newer era cars are quicker than the cars that are 4 or 5 years old like the MTX4 and RRR.

DJ the capricorn and Xray are quicker than the RRR no doubt about it, if they werent why the hell would mugen and Kyosho be bringing out newer lighter cars? Seriously mate think about it before you reply.

And you will find that the car that did TQ at the worlds had the newer generation driveline in it from other brands.
Not to jump in the middle of your conversation Slo and Dj, but what makes either one of you think that a RRR isnot as fast or faster than a cap or xray? if im not mistaken a shimo was closer to TQ than anyone of them......and what has a cap even accomplished? the car isnot breakin track records all over the world, most of these cars espec xray n cap are simply old desigs with a little newer technology, dont think u'll gain a lap in 5mins by switching from a RRR to a nt or cap, it wont happen.........trust me a well built shimo with lightened parts n a capricorn clutch will run with any car on the market, bottom line..........why would u even argue about what car is faster, when the oldest car on the market was TQ at the worlds, I dont care what drivetrain he had in it, it was still a MTX4!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im not denying that with all the lightened gear in them they will be as quick, i am more reffering to how they are with out modifications ie out of the box. The MTX4 and RRR are still good cars but they dont accelerate like the new cars and i dont think they corner as fast, but thats my opinion.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im not denying that with all the lightened gear in them they will be as quick, i am more reffering to how they are with out modifications ie out of the box. The MTX4 and RRR are still good cars but they dont accelerate like the new cars and i dont think they corner as fast, but thats my opinion.
I'll give u that, you may b right about the corner speed!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if you really think about it if you build an awesome clutch,tune your motor right,gear it right and put it on legal weight and hand it to any pro driver being an xray,capricorn,kyosho or even a mugan they would all be as fast as each other from memory was there not a kyosho and a mugan in the worlds final if they are not fast they would not be there right and they are an old chassis.doest it really matter what car you drive?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elche_83
if you really think about it if you build an awesome clutch,tune your motor right,gear it right and put it on legal weight and hand it to any pro driver being an xray,capricorn,kyosho or even a mugan they would all be as fast as each other from memory was there not a kyosho and a mugan in the worlds final if they are not fast they would not be there right and they are an old chassis.doest it really matter what car you drive?
There was both Mugen and Kyosho in the worlds final.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

This same goes on in the offroad topic everytime there's a new car from anyone and still somehow Kyosho comes back in a year or two to win back the title. Time will tell. Not saying R4 is a perfect car but has anyone even run it yet???
Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it will be interesting to see how the R4 witht eh plastic baulkheads goes against the alloy baulkheaded cars of today (Mtx5, serpent, shepherd, capricorn etc).

From what i've read the plastic baulkheads are more expensive to manufacture (new moulding machines needed) as compared to the alloy baulkheads, so with this in mind Kyosho must of kept plastic baulks for a reason.

Should be an interesting 2011, all that is left to update is Xray. (xray update = smaller and lower diffs the main change, much like kyosho most prob ...maybe).
Old 02-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Judging by the landed cost of the hobby shops, the Street price would be between $660.00 to $675.00, it will also depend on how desperate the store wants to get rid of the kits, but yes it is a price of an expensive 8 scale.
660-670$
serious?
Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Has anyone found or seen the new manual yet?

I have put on order in for the new car and would like to know what parts I need to stock up on as well such as gears, belts etc.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barg
Has anyone found or seen the new manual yet?

I have put on order in for the new car and would like to know what parts I need to stock up on as well such as gears, belts etc.
i doubt it Andrew. looks like the car has only just been added on the site today .
Old 02-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i doubt it Andrew. looks like the car has only just been added on the site today .
What was the price?
Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

no price, just says Available in Feb 2011
Old 02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

890.99 on the kyosho america site. I'm sure that's retail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.