Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITTO550
LMFAO!
Lmao also, I'm just saying, who runs this?? Smh
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

I ran a rrr a few years back. It was nice when it worked but I had to constantly work on this thing. One day I just got tired of it and decided to switch. I really don't see where kyosho is going as a company
Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran a rrr a few years back. It was nice when it worked but I had to constantly work on this thing. One day I just got tired of it and decided to switch. I really don't see where kyosho is going as a company
Going off-road for sure,it's way way more profitable than sedan racing and I don't blame them!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Honestly I think kyosho is pretty much out of the nitro onroad game, outdated 1/8 scale And they went backwards on the 1/10.......I've been told by more than one loyal kyosho driver that the RRR was and still is better than the R4.....I'm stumped that the "4guys" that seem to only post in here can't see that....your pockets must b deep, don't get me wrong modding is cool, but GREGORY and you Thomas took a $600 dollar way over priced car and had to put lightened "modded" parts and old plastic pulleys on it......please for that price that car should have all the bells/whistles! Do u know what $600 gets you in any other company? A full blown race kit! With everything lightened, hollow, titanium....etc and real team driver support! Who do you have that runs the R4 and comes on here and gives advice. Crickets!!!(blank stare)

Just my .2. Don't mind me, don't wanna get in trouble by the thread police! I'm just venting, cause like you I to was a fan of the RRR, ran it for years, waited for the next car and then kyosho dropped that junk R4, when I saw it I knew right then I had to run something else......A race buddy of mine went from qualifying good "when he finished 5mins" with a R4 (never finished a main). To winning races with a Nt1 pro the first day he switched, never ran the car and the day he dropped it on the blacktop, he was more consistent and about .4 faster with a car he never ran, n he's only getting faster as he becomes more familiar...I'm willing to bet that would b the same for you guys

Honestly kyosho would have done better doing what they've done in the past, small changes that everyone can upgrade too! Like X-ray, if you have a 2008 nt you can still bring it up to a 2012 spec!! I honestly don't think the RRR was done in its development, a better car would have been a RRR with a lighter drive train, smaller diffs , better clutch and more front roll center adjustments, (like cap co2) a revised Upperdeck, (like shiimos at the 2010worlds), everybody is already copying things the RRR had and things shiimo was doing years ago! They basically scrapped a great car for the next TEAM MAGIC CAR. LMAO

Last edited by 1evo RRR Driver; 01-07-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Honestly I think kyosho is pretty much out of the nitro onroad game, outdated 1/8 scale And they went backwards on the 1/10.......I've been told by more than one loyal kyosho driver that the RRR was and still is better than the R4.....I'm stumped that the "4guys" that seem to only post in here can't see that....your pockets must b deep, don't get me wrong modding is cool, but GREGORY and you Thomas took a $600 dollar way over priced car and had to put lightened "modded" parts and old plastic pulleys on it......please for that price that car should have all the bells/whistles! Do u know what $600 gets you in any other company? A full blown race kit! With everything lightened, hollow, titanium....etc and real team driver support! Who do you have that runs the R4 and comes on here and gives advice. Crickets!!!(blank stare)

Just my .2. Don't mind me, don't wanna get in trouble by the thread police! I'm just venting, cause like you I to was a fan of the RRR, ran it for years, waited for the next car and then kyosho dropped that junk R4, when I saw it I knew right then I had to run something else......A race buddy of mine went from qualifying good "when he finished 5mins" with a R4 (never finished a main). To winning races with a Nt1 pro the first day he switched, never ran the car and the day he dropped it on the blacktop, he was more consistent and about .4 faster with a car he never ran, n he's only getting faster as he becomes more familiar...I'm willing to bet that would b the same for you guys

Honestly kyosho would have done better doing what they've done in the past, small changes that everyone can upgrade too! Like X-ray, if you have a 2008 nt you can still bring it up to a 2012 spec!! I honestly don't think the RRR was done in its development, a better car would have been a RRR with a lighter drive train, smaller diffs , better clutch and more front roll center adjustments, (like cap co2) a revised Upperdeck, (like shiimos at the 2010worlds), everybody is already copying things the RRR had and things shiimo was doing years ago! They basically scrapped a great car for the next TEAM MAGIC CAR. LMAO

I think Kyosho fixed the screw ups of the R4 with the R4 SP. The original R4 had the worst CF ever made, this was fixed with the SP. The gear diffs were junk in the R4 and again this was fixed in the SP. I still feel the R4 SP has one of the lightest drive lines out there and for sure it is way better than any RRR I have ever had.

Just my two cents
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Highside20
I think Kyosho fixed the screw ups of the R4 with the R4 SP. The original R4 had the worst CF ever made, this was fixed with the SP. The gear diffs were junk in the R4 and again this was fixed in the SP. I still feel the R4 SP has one of the lightest drive lines out there and for sure it is way better than any RRR I have ever had.

Just my two cents
I hope so, I can't talk bad about SP I haven't seen a SP yet, but I dought I ever will..... To many cars out cheaper and more proven than R4, nobody around here will run it
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

i bought it 200 euro used in great condition,with extra parts,spurs,with the good gear diffs.and many options.i think it is a good price.all the mods that i have done cost me nothing because i had the parts from my rrr.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

I hope so, I can't talk bad about SP I haven't seen a SP yet, but I dought I ever will..... To many cars out cheaper and more proven than R4, nobody around here will run it
also,for the price that you say.i'm with you.it is overpriced!as for the sp.i don't know it's price but only a few will buy it because the first left a bad taste in mouth with it's problems.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

You might if I can ever get my butt out to nor-cal to run a race

I agree, the Kyosho on-road cars are a niche market. Their on-road has shifted to be almost Japan only, but they are a very proud Japaneses company with the main goal to supply and support their home land first and fore most. Plus, Kyosho America does not spend the money for factory drivers like the other brands do (at least for on-road).
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
i bought it 200 euro used in great condition,with extra parts,spurs,with the good gear diffs.and many options.i think it is a good price.all the mods that i have done cost me nothing because i had the parts from my rrr.
1/10 GP V-ONE R4 Touring

Part Number 31265B

Email a friend
Price
Retail Price: $990.00
Your Savings: $99.00
Your Price: $891.00
Availability:
Sorry, at this time we are out of stock on this particular item.

Got this from kyosho America's site^

Wow!! Kyosho needs to get real, Good luck to you guys, and hope I get to run with u soon at NorCal after this winter season......
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

1/10 GP V-ONE R4 Touring

Part Number 31265B

Email a friend
Price
Availability:

Wow!! Kyosho needs to get real, Good luck to you guys, and hope I get to run with u soon at NorCal after this winter season......

Rule one, don't buy from Kyosho America and don't buy the original R4! Buy the SP (31266) direct from Japan. In this case the SP is even cheaper than a NT1 pro from AMain. Yes, it cost more to ship from Japan, but it is not that bad.

http://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-31266
Old 01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

1/10 GP V-ONE R4 Touring

Part Number 31265B

Email a friend
Price
Availability:

it's 48510 yen at pro-shop futaba.that equals with 422e or 553$.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Plus if you think all this R4 stuff is bad. Try to get a TF6 SP into the states.

You have to be a die hard Kyosho fan to run their on-road stuff anymore. It is a shame if you ask me.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

There are two of them here ...the add is writen in GReek but if anyone is interested just pm me.it s in very good shape with all the option parts and A LOT OF SPARES!

http://www.car.gr/classifieds/radioc.../view/3100701/
Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Chet, I have been running the R4sp for three races
Now. It is a very good car and it is very competitive.
I race more in LA now, and I will be racing at the Nationals. If you need the right answers about the car I will let you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.