Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D21B Buggy Engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:32 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I picked up my D21B to tonight....the machine work on this engine is very good. For the price it is an absolute bargain! However, I do have one question......how are you supposed to remove the back plate??

The O ring that seals it is so tight that I had a hell of a time just rotating the backplate (yes....I did have the piston off BDC). The backplate sits completely flushed with the casing. In the end I had to rotate the backplate by about 15% and then use a screw driver, using the edge of the engine mount tabs to "pry" the plate off, little by little...ended up scratching the backplate a little on the mating surface When I finually got it off it was obvious that either the O ring was too large......or the channel cut into the backplate was too shallow. I've never had this problem with the Nova or OS engines I run

I normally strip and clean the engine after each days run......I'm not really looking forward to this part with this engine!!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by dtm
I picked up my D21B to tonight....the machine work on this engine is very good. For the price it is an absolute bargain! However, I do have one question......how are you supposed to remove the back plate??

The O ring that seals it is so tight that I had a hell of a time just rotating the backplate (yes....I did have the piston off BDC). The backplate sits completely flushed with the casing. In the end I had to rotate the backplate by about 15% and then use a screw driver, using the edge of the engine mount tabs to "pry" the plate off, little by little...ended up scratching the backplate a little on the mating surface When I finually got it off it was obvious that either the O ring was too large......or the channel cut into the backplate was too shallow. I've never had this problem with the Nova or OS engines I run

I normally strip and clean the engine after each days run......I'm not really looking forward to this part with this engine!!!!
No worry! I'll send a new backplate to our HK agent for you later. I'll ask him to contact with you.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by dtm
I picked up my D21B to tonight..
DTM - Let me know what shes like, I have just got a new buggy (Hyper 7 pro w/hyper 8 engine "RTR") but I am going to wait till I have the STS D21B engine in my hands before using it
Old 08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dino.tw
No worry! I'll send a new backplate to our HK agent for you later. I'll ask him to contact with you.
Dino...you are a STAR!!! Look forward to hearing from the agent. But will the new backplate be a better fit?
Old 08-14-2004, 09:13 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by au_Nightmare
DTM - Let me know what shes like, I have just got a new buggy (Hyper 7 pro w/hyper 8 engine "RTR") but I am going to wait till I have the STS D21B engine in my hands before using it
Will do....

Watch out for that Hyper engine I don't know how anybody can get more than a gallon through that thng and stop it from flameouts. The cylinder material is fine, but it's the piston material on the Hyper that is the problem...
Old 08-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

I don't plan on even starting the Hyper 8, though the previous one I had ran like a champion and reved out VERY well.. It was still going great when I sold it with the buggy. But I must say the only other .21 experience I had was a force .21 so maybe easy pleased?

I hope I am in for a pleasant surprise in performance with the STS D12B

With Dino standing behind the products I think things will be fine, hey dino <grin>
Old 08-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by au_Nightmare; 08-15-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by dtm
Dino...you are a STAR!!! Look forward to hearing from the agent. But will the new backplate be a better fit?
Yes,we have made the channel cut more deep.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:04 PM
Nitro Tech

With Dino standing behind the products I think things will be fine, hey dino <grin>
keep grin always...lol...
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default performance/modding

has anyone run the stock one yet? how is it?

Is there a mod version available?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default Re: performance/modding

Originally posted by TMizzle
has anyone run the stock one yet? how is it?

Is there a mod version available?

Thanks!
Not sure if they are yet but checkhttp://www.projectzen.net
Old 09-11-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Dino , I've finally got the D21B installed in the buggy. What shims do you recommend for 15% nitro - normal plug? (at a guess 0.2mm - remove the 0.1 brass and 0.3 alum shims)

How is the little bub going? My 18 month old has been "helping" my with my Hyper 7 pro..

Originally posted by dino.tw
After some testing....This engine should use 0.3mm shim with 25% nitro and normal pulg. If you want to use Turbo head button,add 0.1mm shim.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Nitro Tech

Dino , I've finally got the D21B installed in the buggy. What shims do you recommend for 15% nitro - normal plug? (at a guess 0.2mm - remove the 0.1 brass and 0.3 alum shims)

How is the little bub going? My 18 month old has been "helping" my with my Hyper 7 pro..
About 15% nitro...Maybe you can try 0.2mm shims and Hottest plug. But I would suggest you to choice 25% nitro for Buggy. Because when the output power is enough you will not lean it too much.

My baby is fine(But i'm not)
Old 09-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Dino
Ill try not to go too lean, I'll ensure there is smoke from exhaust

RE: Baby, they get better - don't worry Maybe my wife spoilt me though..
Old 10-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

woohooo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.