Community
Wiki Posts
Search

has anyone here got a BP735r engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default has anyone here got a BP735r engine

Hi people does anyone here have a BP 735r engine I'm looking to get one for my 1/8 on road car.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey there, I know that Garen Hogobian at motonicausa USA is the importer for the BP line of engines. He has parts and engines, give him a call, he's a really good guy to deal with.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will have the 735 back in stock in a week or two. The BP line is very good. I have run the same 935R engine since May, 5 races total, with 2 wins, a 2nd, and a 3rd. Look for more in 2011. Email me at [email protected] in the meantime.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

yes i have one broke it in they seem to have a thicker sleeve than the rest i believe it takes me a couple of laps to get it warmed upat about 75 % then let her rip it has it took about a gallon to break her in .they are very tight .but very fast highly recommended
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what plugs can be used except bp's?
novarossi maybe?
what about the 935 engine?has any try the stock or tuned version?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been running the 935 Tuned motor (935RTC) since May with very good results. On all counts, mileage, power, speed, reliability the engine has been very good if not perfect. This past weekend I changed the piston/sleeve/rod to the 7 port tuned set. I changed the gearing on the car and should have changed the header and/or pipe, but the engine ran good regardless and I placed 2nd at our Toys for Tots race.

The 935 Tuned was also used by the winner of the sportsman class at this same race. He is very happy with the motor, having switched from Novarossi. He is happy with the performance and the price difference.

For plugs, we are using BP of course, along with RB, Novarossi, Fioroni, and Odonnell. All fit and all work, depending on your preference.

The off road 3 port tuned engine is also getting great reviews from one of our local tracks. Even with a throttle heavy driver, it is getting over 8 minutes run time on a high speed track with plenty of power and speed. Today, I helped someone break in a 3 port tuned (335RB) with Fioroni 4 shoe clutch in his Losi 8T. It took nearly a gallon of fuel to get it up to speed and it still has a bit of a pinch, but he too is very happy with the power and tuning of the engine.