Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Who here is a Great Planes distributer or knows one? >

Who here is a Great Planes distributer or knows one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who here is a Great Planes distributer or knows one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Who here is a Great Planes distributer or knows one?

I called them with a couple questions about becoming a distributer and the lady acted like she didn't have time to talk to me and was pretty dumb too. She made it sound like I need to commit to it before I could even find out what my cost is vs. street price on stuff. I was also wondering how much of a differance cost is if you opt for the internet sales that requires a $30k commitment. Why would anyone commit without knowing if their price is barely any better than street price anyway? If know the answer to my questions but don't want to make it public please PM me with a ballpark figure so I know what I'm looking at. I know they might get after a dealer for posting it on a forum. Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No one is a GP distributor except GP, do you mean use GP as a distributor like a hobby shop? They are the worst to deal with since they use Towerhobbies to undercut the shops they sell to. If you have a hobby shop IMO your best bet is to go with Horizon, HRP, or any other one other than GP.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
If you have a hobby shop IMO your best bet is to go with Horizon, HRP, or any other one other than GP.
I justed checked HRP. Says you gotta have a brick and mortar building Don't you buy it before it gets to you? Why do they care if the building is so secure. I suppose they are all about 70% of retail which sucks because I'm sure you would have to let alot of stuff go at cost just to get rid of it.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
I justed checked HRP. Says you gotta have a brick and mortar building Don't you buy it before it gets to you? Why do they care if the building is so secure. I suppose they are all about 70% of retail which sucks because I'm sure you would have to let alot of stuff go at cost just to get rid of it.
They care about the building because they don't want Joe Schmoe selling stuff out of his garage to his buddies undercutting all the real hobby shops.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What they mean by brick and mortar building is a physical hobby shop, they are very careful only to sell to a real legitimate business.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

GP is by far the hardest company to get an account with. There is a track with REAL hobby shop attached that can't get an account because he is not 100% commercial zoned. His house is on the property too. He's got all the licenses, zoning, etc and has been doing it for 20+ years but GP won't sell to him. They suck.

They are not going to tell you dealer cost if you're not a dealer, sorry. Just the way it works. And yes, people are right. Distributors don't want to give people accounts that just want to get there own stuff cheaper so they require certain things.