Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hara's mysterious battery charging aid

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

What up Eddie? Thanks for the good time in Porland at that cool "Club".
Old 07-29-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

One4u2nv - Whats up Chad?
Old 07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff Werner - I dont know if Xray has anything like that planned but who knows. Dont get me wrong. My Xray is awesome, the best handling touring car I have ever driven. The difference between the two drivetrains is minut. It was just one more thing added to all the other ingredients he had for success.

Last edited by Hodapp; 07-29-2004 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Oooooops! Sorry about the multiple posts.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

FYI... He did not start using that plate thingy until the A1 and A2 mains. His car wasn’t any faster in the mains then in qualifying. I personally think that the plate is just a placebo. Everyone listen to Greg and Oscar they are the only ones analyzing other reasons why his car had such good acceleration.

Hara’s car would pull 3 car lengths on Barry every time he would get on the straightaway. Hara’s car was using an aluminum hollow spool, delrin diff, light weight shaft and Ti screws holding on the spur and center shaft cups. His car also had the freest drive train I have ever felt. Barry’s car was using a steel spool, steel diff and his drive-train wasn’t very free. This is a HUGE difference.

It also helps when your motor/battery sponsor is one of the most technologically advanced in the industry.

Last edited by Thad Garner; 07-29-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Hara----The best driver in the world... What is so suprising about a driver of this caliber? He is what every driver would like to be and every Pro driver envies. I for one have seen the top of the heap and he is on top. Oscar provides the best driver with the best. So does every other team out there. Smc drivers brag about there company mathcing the most cells of anyone yet they were not even close to even Barry; who in my mind is the best asphalt driver in the US. Reedy does not match 10% of the batteries that SMC or Trinity use yet he smoked everyone else.

This hobby is full of envy and meager dreamers who never acheive this type of success and this will always keep it a cottage industry!!!!!! Lets race and be race fans.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

rangulo - Oh man! Well said. Although there is no envy on my side. Just a lot of respect.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think some people are misunderstanding the point of the thread.....which was simply to find out about this device Hara was using. No where in my posts did I say I was 100% sure that this device is what gave him the extra power he displayed on the track, just that is may have been.

There seems to be this attitude that because people asked about the device, we are jealous or downplaying what Hara did on the track, which is HARDLY the case. Hara and his car were simply amazing top the bottom....I was simply informed of the device by some other factory drivers.....maybe it was the other special parts, who knows....

I do find it funny so many people downplaying the device that Hara is supposed to be importing to sell under his brand name......wonder what business school that was taught at.

And really, I am being a race fan.....I just like to know what the top guy used to get to the top, regardless of everyone else's opinion if it actually works or not....something must have, the guy has a few big ass trophies to prove it.

Later EddieO
Old 07-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hodapp-What up man? YeYoo!!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hodapp, glad you had fun and hopefully you got some quality dancing lessons.

I can tell you one thing......your xray spin after your car broke was the best moment of the nats......

You should of kept it going till it dumped!

Later EddieO
Old 07-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rangulo
Hara----The best driver in the world... What is so suprising about a driver of this caliber? He is what every driver would like to be and every Pro driver envies. I for one have seen the top of the heap and he is on top. Oscar provides the best driver with the best. So does every other team out there. Smc drivers brag about there company mathcing the most cells of anyone yet they were not even close to even Barry; who in my mind is the best asphalt driver in the US. Reedy does not match 10% of the batteries that SMC or Trinity use yet he smoked everyone else.

This hobby is full of envy and meager dreamers who never acheive this type of success and this will always keep it a cottage industry!!!!!! Lets race and be race fans.

I could't agree more with what you say Hara is the BEST Pro Driver out there and I wish I was half the driver he was
Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by EddieO
I think some people are misunderstanding the point of the thread.....which was simply to find out about this device Hara was using. No where in my posts did I say I was 100% sure that this device is what gave him the extra power he displayed on the track, just that is may have been.

There seems to be this attitude that because people asked about the device, we are jealous or downplaying what Hara did on the track, which is HARDLY the case. Hara and his car were simply amazing top the bottom....I was simply informed of the device by some other factory drivers.....maybe it was the other special parts, who knows....

I do find it funny so many people downplaying the device that Hara is supposed to be importing to sell under his brand name......wonder what business school that was taught at.

And really, I am being a race fan.....I just like to know what the top guy used to get to the top, regardless of everyone else's opinion if it actually works or not....something must have, the guy has a few big ass trophies to prove it.

Later EddieO

Yeah Eddie you tell em....

Somewhere along the thread it's original intend got lost.....
Old 07-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

This doesn't totally have to do with the charging plate. But a buddy of mine had these magnet type strips from hongkong I believe a while back when we ran 2000's and they supoosidley helped the batteries keep alignment or sumthing...
Old 07-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Right, sorry for all commotion. But, at the end I just wanted to make clear that Hara did a great job...as well did Rick, Gregg, Derek, Joe and the rest of the Team. Its Team Work what makes us go fast!

No more to say about all the 'secrets', when I read that nonsense about the armatures I really have to smile... We have about 10 variations of armatures which are sold in our V2 edition motors worldwide, and none of those armatures is coming from T. As well we do not use any 'T' armatures at races. That does not say that we are not testing what the competition has, or are not testing new prototypes/developments in practise......which is the best and most logic step if you want to know any performance differences, as the best test track is the race track. We try to stay a step in front, and not run behind facts.

Thanks to all the others for the good words! I am heading to the off road European Championship in Italy for a week.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:13 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I think Joe was doing a pretty good job with that girl that was following him all over the place all weekend.

With these kind of conspiracy theories, I'm surprised no one has figured out a way to connect Hara to BALCO. I hear that THG stuff makes you drive faster... where can I get some? I asked Barry Bonds but he was all out. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.