Wiki Posts
Search

Help finding a buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Help finding a buggy!

I am thinking of ditching My Kyosho DST for something quicker and better
My maximum price on my budget is around £300, Ive seen the HPI Trophy 3.5 and the Ansmann Virus. I will definitely be doing bashing with it and not racing and I would say that i'm not too bad at driving rc's. Any Ideas?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmmm, British eh?

Thats about 472 in U.S. Dollar.

You can pick up a Team Losi 810

http://www.rcboca.com/team-losi-1-8-810-buggy-rtr.html
Old 11-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Bash or not bashing never buy a cheap off brand car. Get a losi 810 or somthing like that other than a car parts cant be found for it. Also LHS can order parts.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1
Old 12-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Ive looked into racing now, and i think bashing would be a bit boring. So i expanded my budget and am now looking at the Losi 8ight 2.0eu. Are they good? Is there anything better?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes, the Losi is a great buggy. There are many good buggies out there. RC8B, Xray 808, D8, MBX6, Serpent Cobra, Agama are just some. New buggies are being released as we speak for example, JQ and Durango.

Once you have raced, bashing seems boring. See what buggy is popular at your local track and what parts are available at your local hobby shops. You want to make sure you can get parts later if you break and it helps when other people at the track run the same buggy. Many times you car borrow spare parts from someone else and then just buy the part for them the following week.

Personally, I have run the RC8, 808 and the Losi. Next week I will be running the Cobra. The 808 is a very good car and easy to drive but didn't have enough steering for me. The losi had plenty of steering and I really liked the car. I am switching to Cobra just to try something different.

Good luck!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by petevette
Yes, the Losi is a great buggy. There are many good buggies out there. RC8B, Xray 808, D8, MBX6, Serpent Cobra, Agama are just some. New buggies are being released as we speak for example, JQ and Durango.

Once you have raced, bashing seems boring. See what buggy is popular at your local track and what parts are available at your local hobby shops. You want to make sure you can get parts later if you break and it helps when other people at the track run the same buggy. Many times you car borrow spare parts from someone else and then just buy the part for them the following week.

Personally, I have run the RC8, 808 and the Losi. Next week I will be running the Cobra. The 808 is a very good car and easy to drive but didn't have enough steering for me. The losi had plenty of steering and I really liked the car. I am switching to Cobra just to try something different.

Good luck!
The Losi is looking like the best choice for me so far!
Unless theres something out there MUCH better I'll probably go for it, Ill check my Local track aswell!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default losi 2.0

if you can get good product support and people at your track look no farther.