Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by b_recliner
I run onroad with the vtx1 in 1/12 pan car (blinky 13.5) and the vtx10r in VTA with a viper 21.5. With the gearing allowed in VTA, I can't get that viper motor to heat up, even with the endbell cranked. That being said, other 21.5's are faster on the stretch (I think because of the lower kv rating as compared to other 21.5s). The viper equipment is extremely well constructed, very tunable via the progauge as well as responsive to the changes that you make, and has profiles already programmed in that are suitable to onroad. Great escs and motor. No regrets here.
Thats great to hear that there is good tuneability in the viper.
hows the avid going ?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Japan going Viper!!!!

Viper R/C Solutions, Inc. is proud to announce our partnership with Tresrey Japan (http://www.tresrey.com/viper/index.html) as our official product distribution and support source in Japan local market. We are very happy to be working with such an experienced and established partner. With the service offered by Tresrey Japan, we are confident to expand the quality Viper products to the Japan market. Tresrey Japan holds a high commitment to the racing community and their customers to provide the best product support possible. Superior product support coupled with superior products will surely provide a winning combination.

Welcome aboard!!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Viper Tip #3

Here are some tips straight from the pros. Viper has released a 4X Cap module that can boost performance in your on-road and off-road vehicles. It gives you smoother power and stronger brakes.

Here is the part number 6VSPCAP003

Here you can see the module installed next to a VTX10R. This setup during track testing was 2 tenths faster in touring car 17.5 Spec class and brakes hit stronger and smoother

More tips to come so stay tuned!!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Got my Copperhead/VX4R.51 during the week and had a chance to run it at a big points series finale here locally around New Orleans. I installed it the night before, so I didn't have a lot of time to really get into tuning, etc. with it, but I can honestly say once I got it on the track, it was AWESOME out the box. I ran it geared 15/40 in my SCTE on profile 5. I haven't plugged a progauge into it or made any adjustments yet. It ran VERY cool after the 5 min qualifiers, with TONS of power.

We were running AA mains, I qualified 2nd overall, and then my front drive shaft pin popped out 2 min into the second main and I was done for the day.

Overall, this thing is AMAZINGLY priced where it is. What you hear about how smooth it is for a sensorless system is 100% true.

Great price, doesn't take a lot of tuning or know-how to get a lot of performance, and can easily win on the track out the box.

I'm going to be running this setup all season, and so far, it's killer.

I'm Chad M. on the results sheet

Last edited by CaptainHowdyt13; 02-26-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So will those capacitors make it .2 faster than other ESCs on the market, or .2 faster than a Viper with only 2 caps?

What will happen if I run 8 caps?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
So will those capacitors make it .2 faster than other ESCs on the market, or .2 faster than a Viper with only 2 caps?

What will happen if I run 8 caps?
8 caps = .4 faster!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
8 caps = .4 faster!
What about with this many

Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snellemin
What about with this many

That's awesome. In the other thread someone from I guess Viper said those Viper caps are in series . Viper should've seen the cap banks I had made which uses much better capacitors. Wish I had sold those at $25 each.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lutach
That's awesome. In the other thread someone from I guess Viper said those Viper caps are in series . Viper should've seen the cap banks I had made which uses much better capacitors. Wish I had sold those at $25 each.
Ah yes. I'm still using those cap banks on my ESC's.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Is A30 actually ROAR legal? Roar still hasn't updated its list online.

-Mike
Bump for an answer.

-Mike
Old 02-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just picked up the pc link, was hoping to down load the new firmware and give it a try tonight, but I am having problems. I downloaded the fill from the website, tried to follow the directions, but cannot unzip the file. The instructions say to unzip the .rar file, I have no .rar file!!!! the one that down loads is a .vuf file. What do I do? It will not unzip.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
just picked up the pc link, was hoping to down load the new firmware and give it a try tonight, but I am having problems. I downloaded the fill from the website, tried to follow the directions, but cannot unzip the file. The instructions say to unzip the .rar file, I have no .rar file!!!! the one that down loads is a .vuf file. What do I do? It will not unzip.
You have to download a unzip file that will work with .rar files. I found one for free Un-zip for windows.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Wow!! that was an exercise in frustration! Did not realize there are two files, actually, one file and one app, to down load. Once I figured out that there was the PC-link app to download first, and that is the one you need to unzip, then things got better for a bit. Got everything loaded and working on the pc, hooked up the car and downloaded the new firmware to the esc, then tried to recalibrate my radio, and it would not calibrate. tried a few times, got pissed off, reloaded v19, and the radio would calibrate just fine. now I am pissed, just dropped 28 bucks for a 3 dollar cable, spent 2hrs fucking around with the stupid thing, questioning my sanity etc. Then one more visite to the viper site, and just above the firmware link is a link to the v30 users manual. So I thought, might as well have a look at that. Guess what. They changed the way you calibrate the radio from v19 to v30.. Great, reload v30, use the NEW way to calibrate the radio, and all works now..

Maybe some user notes would have been nice from Viper on the website.

So much for practice tonight, will have to wait till tomorrow to se how the new smart brake works, hope it is smarter than me
Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

It is being processed by ROAR right now. They are taking a long time getting it on the list but surely it will be on there.

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Bump for an answer.

-Mike
Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry about the hassel. I will make sure to put some notes on there somewhere to make it easier. We are coming out with a computer software but its taking longer than expected and wanted to avoid using that firmware app since its confusing for most users. I will make a note, thanks!!

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
Wow!! that was an exercise in frustration! Did not realize there are two files, actually, one file and one app, to down load. Once I figured out that there was the PC-link app to download first, and that is the one you need to unzip, then things got better for a bit. Got everything loaded and working on the pc, hooked up the car and downloaded the new firmware to the esc, then tried to recalibrate my radio, and it would not calibrate. tried a few times, got pissed off, reloaded v19, and the radio would calibrate just fine. now I am pissed, just dropped 28 bucks for a 3 dollar cable, spent 2hrs fucking around with the stupid thing, questioning my sanity etc. Then one more visite to the viper site, and just above the firmware link is a link to the v30 users manual. So I thought, might as well have a look at that. Guess what. They changed the way you calibrate the radio from v19 to v30.. Great, reload v30, use the NEW way to calibrate the radio, and all works now..

Maybe some user notes would have been nice from Viper on the website.

So much for practice tonight, will have to wait till tomorrow to se how the new smart brake works, hope it is smarter than me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.