Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snellemin
Is there any way I can get a 1/8 motor to test in my GTP's. Eagletree V4 is ready for raw data.
Sorry we only receive very few quantity of prototype samples with each revision and need our team guys to be testing them for comparison to the previous version. Please be patient, thanks!!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Just wanted to report Peter and I tested the Vtrax10R/VST 10.5 combo in mod tc running full boost with excellent results. Great power throughout the entire run - esc came off around 90* with the motor around 130*. The software is working very well and I cant wait to move to production! Believe me, it cant come soon enough for me, either
Old 02-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

So, if I understand well, the best all-around ESC for a guy who does moderate-power TC and 1/12 will be the Vtrax1 ? i.e. the vtrax10 + 1S capability?

I just cannot unserstand why the 3 speedos if the vtrax1 +vtrax10 are bascially the same except for this (nice) 1S feature. Cost maybe ? Anyway the products are apealling for sure.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by heretic
So, if I understand well, the best all-around ESC for a guy who does moderate-power TC and 1/12 will be the Vtrax1 ? i.e. the vtrax10 + 1S capability?

I just cannot unserstand why the 3 speedos if the vtrax1 +vtrax10 are bascially the same except for this (nice) 1S feature. Cost maybe ? Anyway the products are apealling for sure.
If you're looking to have one esc for both TC and 1/12 then yes the Vtrax1 will fit your bill perfectly, assuming you don't want to run below 5.5t on the TC.

The Vtrax1 will be more expensive than the Vtrax10 due to the more expensive BEC components. The Vtrax1 is targeted purely at 1-2s racing.

Each Vtrax esc overlaps some for its class compatibility, but that's what makes an esc versatile and high value. The Vtrax1 and Vtrax10R handle both extremes of racing and high current bashing, while also reaching somewhere in between. The Vtrax10 provides a more affordable esc option for average racing conditions.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default roar legal

Is the speedo roar legal? A few people at are track have been running it....
Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
For sportsman, no not yet.

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

For everything else, there is no such thing as a ROAR approved speedo.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

I am handling the approval process as we speak. Yes we do have a ROAR legal "race stock" run mode that has zero timing and zero boost. There is a LED on the switch housing next to a letter "S" (for Stock, get it? ) that only illuminates when in race stock run mode. The esc's will be listed on ROAR's site soon, rest assured
Old 02-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
I am handling the approval process as we speak. Yes we do have a ROAR legal "race stock" run mode that has zero timing and zero boost. There is a LED on the switch housing next to a letter "S" (for Stock, get it? ) that only illuminates when in race stock run mode. The esc's will be listed on ROAR's site soon, rest assured
Good to hear !! I have friends who have bought the speedo and now are told that they can not run speedo because it is not on the list. Which I dont think is fair because they always run stuff that is not roar approved.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Good to hear !! I have friends who have bought the speedo and now are told that they can not run speedo because it is not on the list. Which I dont think is fair because they always run stuff that is not roar approved.
ROAR is extremely slow to do.. well anything really. Even after our motors completed the approval process it was still a month before they were listed on their site. In the mean time please just let them know it has a zero timing mode and how to identify it. If it's not a major ROAR event then they really shouldn't care, like you said they run stuff that's not ROAR approved anyway.. Thanks!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Weylin-Dub,

I sent you a PM.

Steve
Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

I just wanted to clear it up that the Vtrax1 is NOT the same as the Vtrax10 with a different BEC chip. The Vtrax1 has an entirely different processor board to allow 1s voltage operation, but shares the same power board. We are working on re-designing the processor board now and should have revised Vtrax1 prototypes soon!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So does that mean that........
Old 03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

A couple days ago we encountered a copyright issue with the Vtrax series name for our car esc series. This unanticipated issue ultimately results in Viper having to change the esc name for all of our car controllers. The Vtrax series name now ceases to exist.

This undoubtedly will push our release date back a couple weeks, the esc's are all ready to go, but now we have to redo the name, all marketing materials, logos, packaging, and instruction manuals. This occurrence is both timely and untimely. It's terribly unfortunate to push the esc release date back further, but we should all be thankful this issue wasn't encountered after the esc had been released to public hands. Much more would have been at stake in that situation.

Viper would like to open the esc name to a public "contest" - If you have any ideas for a new series name for our car speed controllers please submit your idea(s) to [email protected]. Please include the following information:

-esc name ideas (and any reasoning or additional concepts behind the name is nice to know, too )
-your complete name
-shipping address
-phone number

Viper realizes and acknowledges how deep of a customer base we have already developed whom are waiting very patiently for the speed controllers. We cant apologize enough for this unforeseen delay and thank you continually for your patience and support. Customer support is our main priority.

I promise I'm more stoked to start selling esc's than all of you are to start running them Trust me they are coming as fast as possible.

Let the naming discussion begin!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

when will the name be decided?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just call it Viper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.