Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Gas Sedan Nats.  Toledo, Ohio >

Gas Sedan Nats. Toledo, Ohio

Gas Sedan Nats. Toledo, Ohio

Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah, i saw it with the orange head all week.

not sure...
Old 09-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Full results for all Mains but for the Masters B-Main, and the equipment usage table are now posted on sgrid, http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...peek:sgrid8,97

Pictures and race report will be posted tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Dave2004,

Nope, that’s the same car. We just cleaned it up for the pictures. I swapped heads, orange just clashed with the purple.

I also would like to thank the track staff and tech team for a very professionally run event. Tech was done very efficiently.

It was unfortunate what happened to Mike Swauger. His car was definitely putting down some serious power. He was in the lead with 9 to go and then…the unthinkable. He is a great sportsman/driver.

Despite some interesting behavior from a few racers/teams I had a great time.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by mikemyers
Full results for all Mains but for the Masters B-Main, and the equipment usage table are now posted on sgrid, http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...peek:sgrid8,97
Thanks Mike.

Strange that no one in the A main used the JP FX engine. Those who used JP engines were using the X12 version... Or is it a typo error?

EQUIPMENT USED

Name Chassis Engine Pipe Tires

Mike Swauger Mugen MTX-3 JP X-12 Mugen Kawahara
Barry Baker Associated NTC3 LRP Associate Jaco
Atsushi Hara HPI R40 Maxy RD Logic Orion
Josh Cyrul Kyosho FW05R Werks LC Mod RD Logic Jaco
Mike Blackstock Associated NTC3 O'Donnell REX Associated Jaco
Kyle Skidmore Associated NTC3 JP XR12 Associated Jaco
Paul Cicarello Team Magic G4 JP X12 RB Arrows
Chris Tosolini Kyosho FW05R Sirio RD Logics Twister
Brian Berry Serpent WOA710 Mega Mega Ellegi
Ron Atomic Kyosho FW05R OS R Spec Kyosho Mono Tuning
Brandon McNally Serpent WOA710 Mega Mega Ellegi
Jeffrey Lin OFNA CD3 RB OFNA Jaco
Old 09-07-2004, 12:21 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I like Mr. Swauger's taste in rubber.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default R.Speed for Life...

@Barry: great to hear you ran "her" at the Nats...

Too bad you broke in the final, but you'll have better luck at Worlds! We keep in touch on that...

Congratulations to Hara-San, his pit-crew "the army of one", HPI, etc...
Old 09-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Great to see (3)Kyosho's in the final.

That was unheard of about one year ago at a national event. Finally got some great drivers to represent.

Also great to see an Ofna car in the final too. Ofna's not to be taken lightly anymore with their performances at the nats and the 1/8 Worlds.

Excellent mix of brands(cars and engines) overall.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:19 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

The Worlds is going to be huge. Full factory teams, more teams than at any other R.C. event, all for 200mm nitro cars.

Beware the big K, they pretty much created the class and have invested heaps in promoting it at a grass roots level. They want it badly.

I'd really like some information if anyone would care to respond.
I understand the reasoning behind the one hour final but were there battery capacity issues?

How did the cars vary from IFMAR's specifications?

Did any cars make a tyre change?

There were some fifteen laps seperating 2nd and third, did only two cars have a problem free final?
Old 09-07-2004, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
Ted....

I could not agree more about the club with the great job done by them all... ..

Also bobby run was awesome to watch... I know this being my first ever hour long main i was beat so i could not imagine how he was doing ;-)

As for my main it could not have been better .. Small bobble here or there or it might have been a different out come..

I found out before the main my chassis was like a pretzel and did not even realize it as all through Quals my car was pushing like crazy compared to practice where i thought i had a chance at TQ but once i put a new one on for the main it turned too much and we needed to put a front bar on it during the 10 min warmup then she was a missle....

Thanks again to the club for a fun time...

Mike
Mike, congratulations for your great result! I did not even know that you run nitro!
Are you coming to the Worlds in Brazil?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Maxy's Fuel

I would just like to thank all the guys that support Maxy's Fuel. It is because of you that we are still running. It was a challening event and we are glad that we pulled through.

Hara, apart from being an excellent driver, is also a great person and very proffesional. We could have had more potency in our engine but as a team we dicided that consintecy is the key. The motor finished at 190 degrees (we still had pit stops only every 5 mins) and all tires ended at 53 mm width. Thats resulted in a slower pace during the last ten minutes in the straight away but it was much faster at in-field.

We would also like to thank Thad, Hara's mechanic, I feel that we made a great team in the pit.

Maxy's Fuel/Orion Fuel and Maxy's Modified Engines
Roar's National Champion
Old 09-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Suspended

Default PICTURES

WHERE ARE THE PICS?
Old 09-07-2004, 12:28 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: Maxy's Fuel

Originally posted by maxysfuel
I would just like to thank all the guys that support Maxy's Fuel. It is because of you that we are still running. It was a challening event and we are glad that we pulled through.

Hara, apart from being an excellent driver, is also a great person and very proffesional. We could have had more potency in our engine but as a team we dicided that consintecy is the key. The motor finished at 190 degrees (we still had pit stops only every 5 mins) and all tires ended at 53 mm width. Thats resulted in a slower pace during the last ten minutes in the straight away but it was much faster at in-field.

We would also like to thank Thad, Hara's mechanic, I feel that we made a great team in the pit.

Roar's National Champion
Maxy,
Brother, my sincere congratulations for this deserved success. I'm witness of your beginnings and your continuos efforts to get were you are now.
Keep it up man

Saludos
Alfonso
Old 09-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rjl
The Worlds is going to be huge. Full factory teams, more teams than at any other R.C. event, all for 200mm nitro cars.

Beware the big K, they pretty much created the class and have invested heaps in promoting it at a grass roots level. They want it badly.

I'd really like some information if anyone would care to respond.
I understand the reasoning behind the one hour final but were there battery capacity issues?

How did the cars vary from IFMAR's specifications?

Did any cars make a tyre change?

There were some fifteen laps seperating 2nd and third, did only two cars have a problem free final?
No cars made any tire changes. If another 5 minutes of racing went on, Hara would have had to go in for a tire change, cause when he finished, he literally had nothing on his rear tires!

-Kevin
Old 09-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

How do you go about setup for a race this long? Do you run bigger tires? Or raise your ride height? Or run harder tires and give up a little grip?. Just wondering cuz I've never done a one hour main.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Maxy's Fuel

What is the Maxy's Modified engine based from? Not a whole new engine line, is it?

Originally posted by maxysfuel
Roar's National Champion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.