Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
But you are talking about your sportman class....don't you have 3 levels? We don't have classes within classes so our truggy class would be a mix of say sportsman, intermediate and expert so there can be quite a difference in ability...

no its sportsman truggy and a (expert class truggy) and there isnt many in the expert truggy class for some reason.

and its the same people in the expert truggy class everytime.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Torian4000
I race truggy and buggy because I hate just having one and wishing I had the other. I like having them both over just one or the other. They are both equally fun if you ask me....

I understand you so much....
Old 11-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torian4000
I race truggy and buggy because I hate just having one and wishing I had the other. I like having them both over just one or the other. They are both equally fun if you ask me....

+1000!!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I loved racing my Truggy and had some great battles in the truggy class. Who cares which one is easier to drive its racing and I had fun racing both. I did sell my truggy because for ME I had issues racing Truggy and Buggy back to back my Truggy was hurting me, It always took me a few laps to get going in Buggy after a truggy race. Alot of people can do it, it just didn't work for me.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
I loved racing my Truggy and had some great battles in the truggy class. Who cares which one is easier to drive its racing and I had fun racing both. I did sell my truggy because for ME I had issues racing Truggy and Buggy back to back my Truggy was hurting me, It always took me a few laps to get going in Buggy after a truggy race. Alot of people can do it, it just didn't work for me.
Who cares if one is a little easier than the other. It's an equal playing field and the better (more forgiving) the platform the closer the racing will be. Less will come down to setup and track conditions and more will come down to actual driving prowess.

The reason I bought a truggy over a buggy is simple. The very first race I went to had both. I just fell in love with the looks and the balls out drift style racing I seen from some of the good drivers. In my eyes, after seeing the truggies run the buggies just looked like, well, toys for lack of a better word. Where as the truggies appeared to look more like a "race" machine to me. I know this isn't the whole truth and that buggies take more "finesse" to drive, but again I say, if everyone has an equal playing field, the racing will be closer and at the end of the day. That's just good ol' fashion fun in my opinion. Isn't that the whole reason we all started this hobby, for fun...?

I have nothing against buggies. As I get more into the hobby I find myself wanting one more and more. Just to have another toy to play with, if I'm being honest about it. I've drove my friends buggies and enjoyed them. I didn't feel they were a LOT harder to drive, just a little. It truly amazes me how passionate people get about a HOBBY that encompasses grown men, and women, playing with TOYS.

TRUGGYS RULE!

But buggies are also cool!,

Rich

Last edited by Do-Over; 11-20-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

For you Truggy haters look at the 2009 Dirt Nitro Challange, the FASTEST CLASS WAS THE SPORTSMAN TRUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

TRUGGYS ROCK!!!
Threads like this are usually started by "Brown Groove Drivers"
who are trying to get there post count up.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nick411
For you Truggy haters look at the 2009 Dirt Nitro Challange, the FASTEST CLASS WAS THE SPORTSMAN TRUGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than Pro truggy? I have a hard time believing the sandy-est of sportsman sandbaggers could post times as fast as pros but if you say so...

Houston touched on it. Truggy sells because it's easy. You always hear guys say, "I crash less" but in reality you can just drive away from crashes more often (it doesn't count if you don't need marshalling). This an with the big tires and long travel they handle poorly maintained tracks better just like 1/8 buggies did compared to 1/10th stuff.

That said, I wish the truggy was never invented. It's basically the same vehicle as a buggy, it just serves to divide and dilute the racing. Racing is always more healthy with fewer classes/platforms.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like both for different reasons. Also brushless MT takes the midweek edge off my jonez to drive. It's all for fun.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

dont whine if you cant afford both. deal with it. lol
buggy + truggy rules
Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A truggy is a fun class to run. Its a class where you can run hard and be more relaxed, i wish i still owned truggies to run because a truggy is so planted you can power it any where and your in control they are just so fun and easy to drive its undescribeable.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

A truggy is for the people who used to race monster trucks. It has the same "stance" pretty much except it is a little shorter and is made to handle a little more like a buggy.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Because I like to run over the buggies during practice!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Truggy class rules
-bounce of every track marker and wall at least once
-run into at least one marshall in the leg
-Yell at your pit crew when you are 5 laps down
-Pin your throttle every time you are upside down being marshalled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.