Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Does lack of parts support keep you from buying any particular buggy? >

Does lack of parts support keep you from buying any particular buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does lack of parts support keep you from buying any particular buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Does lack of parts support keep you from buying any particular buggy?

This is the way it is in my town out of 2 hobby shops.
1 can get losi but has nothing of much use in stock.(mostly mini stuff and a few other LSt stuff.
the other cannot get losi.
AE- both can get AE, but have nothing in stock that is usefull.
Kyosho- one place cannot get and the other idk.
Mugen- one can get(I think) the other not sure.
Serpent- neither have never heard of.
xray- neither have heard of.
durango- neither have heard of.
Hot bodies- one can get , not sure about the other.
agama,- neither have heard of.
GS Racing- have not looked into either place
Tamiya- havent looked into it.

These 2 places carry Traxxas and xtm stuff. which I am not interested in.
I even get my AE stuff online, as one LHS will order parts, but only when he is damn well and ready, at some point in the month. He never has money to make orders.
Should I quit racing?or Change brands from AE to another buggy and just get parts online?
Tried a losi 2.0 buggyand did not like the way it turned.

I really wanna try a Kyosho MP9 TKI2 or a Serpent or a Durango, and RC8B.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
This is the way it is in my town out of 2 hobby shops.
1 can get losi but has nothing of much use in stock.(mostly mini stuff and a few other LSt stuff.
the other cannot get losi.
AE- both can get AE, but have nothing in stock that is usefull.
Kyosho- one place cannot get and the other idk.
Mugen- one can get(I think) the other not sure.
Serpent- neither have never heard of.
xray- neither have heard of.
durango- neither have heard of.
Hot bodies- one can get , not sure about the other.
agama,- neither have heard of.
GS Racing- have not looked into either place
Tamiya- havent looked into it.

These 2 places carry Traxxas and xtm stuff. which I am not interested in.
I even get my AE stuff online, as one LHS will order parts, but only when he is damn well and ready, at some point in the month. He never has money to make orders.
Should I quit racing?or Change brands from AE to another buggy and just get parts online?
Tried a losi 2.0 buggyand did not like the way it turned.

I really wanna try a Kyosho MP9 TKI2 or a Serpent or a Durango.

well i dont have a lhs but one thats about 20 min which i rarely go to but i whould like to try a kyosho truggy out or a xray truggy.

heres the problem lhs focus to much on bashers lets admit it thats why they have traxxas and thats what they sell the most.

how about the mugen buggy theres a lot of online shops that sell mugen parts there not cheap though .
Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

My suggestion is buy your stuff online. Fine an online supplier that ships quickly AND has graduated shipping costs so you're not paying a fortune when you only order a small quantity of parts. You'd also be amazed at the stuff you can find on Ebay if you know what you're looking for and relative pricing. I'd also suggest you consider Hot Bodies vehicles, not because that's what I drive but because overall they're durable, comparatively inexpensive, and replacement parts are widely available and won't empty your wallet. At the end of the day you have to decide what's best for you, and you'll get lots of suggestions here no doubt. Good luck!!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

In todays day and age it's not necessary to buy parts from your LHS if they're not up to speed on things. I live in Aberdeen, SD and our LHS only carries Traxxas and Duratrax rtr stuff. The only thing I buy there is lexan paint and fuel line. Every time I'd inquier about ordering something in, the price would be way too high after their mark up. Between Amainhobbies.com, Absoluthobbyz.com, Stormerhobbies.com, gshobbies.com, towerhobbies.com, ebay etc..., you should be able to get anything you want or need.

I drive a minimum of 150 to 230 miles one way twice a month from May to September to race every summer. You can race competitively with little to no LHS support if you're serious about it.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Both of my lhs' can't get mugen but i went over from an ae to a mugen because it (to me ) drives better and i get all my stuff online at amainhobbies.com that i can't get from my lhs'
Old 11-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I OWN (3) HOT BODIES D8Ts'.

Even though my retailer can get what i want, his "mark-up" is sky-high compared to what i can get stuff for on line . If not for ebay i couldn even get started in this hobby. Keep stock on parts even if you dont need them, then you will have them when you do need them. buggy parts that innerchange with truggy parts makes my decission to go with the hot-bodies brand pretty sensible because i can get PLENTY, PLENTY of spart parts, dirt cheap. I won a d8t chassis about 2 months ago for $10.00 . thats crazy but common. im about $60.00 from being able to make a brand new "roller" if i wanted.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

simple solution, buy the buggy you want new... then find an old roller cheap..snatch it up and TA--DA! Thats what I do.. I just dont like to pay out the ass for losi parts, wait for shipping and all that. Just rob parts off the old buggy.. back in business..just an option for ya
Old 11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Led Finger
simple solution, buy the buggy you want new... then find an old roller cheap..snatch it up and TA--DA! Thats what I do.. I just dont like to pay out the ass for losi parts, wait for shipping and all that. Just rob parts off the old buggy.. back in business..just an option for ya
But I want them ALL!!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can get losi parts on ebay dirt cheap. 1/2 - 1/4 the price of any LHS. Guys on ebay buy race rollers and strip them down and sell the parts individually for almost 1/2 the price you can buy them online anywhere else.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Dam that sounds a little like my hobby shop. Im a Ebay junky, a lot chop shop on there saves a lot of money
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Oh yes, I have spent a TON of money over the years on ebay
Old 11-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well, since your going to running at Jerry's in ithaca i would go with the losi buggy. if you break, you are sure to find a spare up there. They all run losi's with the exception of one guy running a AE.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I forgot to mention that all my "rollers were bought used, my first one only cost me $150.00 on ebay. second one came from the same seller, third one from a different guy,for that one i paid $250.00 with its hop-ups. They retail for $340.00 + new. I would never pay new price for something you will eventually replace all the parts on.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

eBay and Amainhobbies are my LHS, well not really but my local LHS dont cary any Xray parts so i have to make sure i have what i need before i go to the track.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
My suggestion is buy your stuff online. Fine an online supplier that ships quickly AND has graduated shipping costs so you're not paying a fortune when you only order a small quantity of parts. You'd also be amazed at the stuff you can find on Ebay if you know what you're looking for and relative pricing. I'd also suggest you consider Hot Bodies vehicles, not because that's what I drive but because overall they're durable, comparatively inexpensive, and replacement parts are widely available and won't empty your wallet. At the end of the day you have to decide what's best for you, and you'll get lots of suggestions here no doubt. Good luck!!
You hit the nail on the head with this suggestion..

Also, I realize most Hobby stores deal in bashing products, but a company that hasn't heard of some of the brands you listed, would NOT get my business.. my $.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.