Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo SD v. BMI TC3 >

Yokomo SD v. BMI TC3

Yokomo SD v. BMI TC3

Old 08-12-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yes the SD is the sexiest looking car right now (with the TRF415 a close second IMHO)...

you don't need all that (sweet looking, I must admit) aluminium gadgetry on the car, the SSG looks awsome without it (Although more blue doesn't hurt). SSG's and CGM are around $260 these days.

BlackKat: honestly, the car is just as robust as any other top-of-the line sedan on the market. A-arms will break on any car, as long as you hit hard enough...

As far as the BMI TC3's concerned, I don't know much about them... try both for a while, and keep the car you like best!

Later,
Paul
Old 08-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Well, I have since fixed the SD, now I need to get a low profile servo for it. I'm looking at the Futaba 9550 if I keep it, but I'm gonna just get a cheap HS-77BB for "testing."
Old 08-12-2004, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

What I don't understand is how come these Yokomo's look so much more trick than, say, an FT TC3 but the price is comparable? Looks like the FT TC3 is a P.O.S. in comparison to the Yokomo's quality but who am I , just a n00bie
Old 08-12-2004, 04:09 AM

i've used this example quite a few times when it comes to the which is better stuff. hope you enjoy.

so guys i was wondering which is better, when wiping my a$$ is it better to use the reach thru method or the reach around or should i just sit there and shake until it breaks off. i can see the pros and cons of each just wanted to know your thoughts. oh and parts support from the linen closet isn't a problem,
Old 08-12-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by donoman
What I don't understand is how come these Yokomo's look so much more trick than, say, an FT TC3 but the price is comparable? Looks like the FT TC3 is a P.O.S. in comparison to the Yokomo's quality but who am I , just a n00bie
The Yokomo SD is a much more recent car if that makes a little difference. Also, the Yokomo has a CF chassis so that may be what makes it look so "trick." But the FT TC3 has plenty of parts to make the price of the 2 cars even. While the SD has the SSG chassis parts and only a couple blue alum. pieces; the FT TC3 comes with all graphite parts and many more blue alum. parts over the SD.