Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I HAVE RAN BOTH CLASSES AND LIKE TRUGGY BETTER ONLY CAUSE IT IS MORE MANLY TO RUN A TRUCK THEN A LIL BUGGIE ....NO IM J/K... no i just like the trucks cause they fly through woops and are more of a drifter style driving!...which i have been ALL about since i could reach the gas and clutch on a real car lol..and they look soooooo sick when they are in the air with a lil SHOWOFF WHIP! ....buggies are SWEET in their OWN way!...they just need to be driven with a little more finesse?..i think thats how you spell it?...
Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

oh yeah about the topic ....there should DEFINENTLY be TUGGIES in the 1/8 IFMAR WORLDS EVENTS!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Until there are more good truggies there will be no worlds. When it comes to race day how different truggies do you see, four different brands at the most depending on where you race. 8 companies make a RACE truggy and 14 make a RACE buggy. So on any given race day you might have at least 8 different kind of buggies and if add in all the RTR buggies at most club races it crazy. OFNA/JAMMIN alone sells 8 different buggies, you get the point. The truth is we need more TRUGGIES NOW
Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

They could do it like the Olympics...spread them out to 4 year intervals, but alternate between buggy and truggy so it's still every 2 years...buggy this year, truggy in 2012 and buggy in 2014 and so on.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

The Europeans were at a disadvantage at the Worlds because their tracks tend to be onroad tracks with roller jumps. If the Europeans had tracks like we do in the U.S. then truggys would be more popular because they handle the rough stuff better.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The European drivers who do well @ worlds level did well at this worlds. It's a matter of what is considered "well".

There's no truggy worlds because it's not a world class, it's only raced in certain regions. It'd be like winning the "World Series" or "Superbowl World Championship". Both say "World" in them but they're clearly American champoinships.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
The European drivers who do well @ worlds level did well at this worlds. It's a matter of what is considered "well".

There's no truggy worlds because it's not a world class, it's only raced in certain regions. It'd be like winning the "World Series" or "Superbowl World Championship". Both say "World" in them but they're clearly American champoinships.
I saw interviews with Savoya and other europeans and they said that they were at a disadvantage. Just saying. Savoya is a good driver and he did well, but was never going to be a contender for #1
Old 11-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I would love to see Truggy in the worlds.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I saw interviews with Savoya and other europeans and they said that they were at a disadvantage. Just saying. Savoya is a good driver and he did well, but was never going to be a contender for #1
Considering he has lived in Australia for the last year or more, Savoya shouldn't have been at a disadvantage.. And, if they really are at a disadvantage, then they need to change their track types to prepare them better for the Worlds.. The Disadvantage comment from Savoya was an excuse for not winning..
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Remember what they say about never saying never?

Historically, US drivers have only won 3 of the 13 total World Buggy Championships. US might be on top for the time being, but that doesn't guarantee that it'll stay that way.

Buggy is still the dominant class, and you can clearly see that by the design turn-over: buggies are upgraded and redesigned constantly, whereas RC manufacturers are content to keep the same truggy platform for 2-3 years or longer.

Also, I'm fairly sure that a worlds event is fairly expensive to organize and run, what with all the logistics, shipping, accomodations & free parts for drivers, etc so yes, truggy DOES need to prove itself. Also, the buggy worlds is already a whole week long, so I don't know if shoe-horning a truggy class in there is necessarily a good idea.

This is not to say that it's a bad class, just that the popularity has to be there for the expenditures to be justified.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Because truggy is a filler class
Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I like the idea of just making it a 1/8 Worlds IFMAR race, with buggies and truggies. If you dont race truggies where your from there is nothing going to be against you for not running the class.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i wish there was a truggy worlds, it would be alot more intresting
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Rookie

hi,
here in Germany we have a German nats for the truggy class we had in the past 2 years about 80 starter
but the buggy class here in Germany is much larger. I do not think many strter from Germany at the truggy worlds. but I would probably come
Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What would be the point. It took skill and luck to run on that brutal track. It was a true test of machine mechanic and driver.....

Truggies would have laughed at that track no matter how brutal it would have gotten. Truggies are Rc cars with training wheels, it does not take much to be fairly good with them.

Truggies are definitely a filler class and a world of fun to run, but are less sensitive to setups tires or changing track conditions, I think a truggy worlds would be a waste!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.