Good Tamiya Cars?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Tamiya Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Regional Moderator

want it to look good like my full size ride so guys I thank you big time for your help
Attached Thumbnails Good Tamiya Cars?-hpim1124.jpg  
Old 07-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

i'm not sure on specifications so i won't answer and leave that to someone else, don't wanna steer u in the wrong direction.

My mate has a boxed one of those cars
Old 07-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

KO...NOPE..the 03R or 03R-TRF is not the same. The 03R-S is the R version with short(S) wheelbase. I believe any 03R can be made into the shorter wheelbase version just by changing the rear arms but I'm not totally sure. But remember that no matter what....the 03, even in short version will not be exactly the same wheelbase as the M03L. If your body wasn't already cut, you may have been able to alter the wheel opening a couple of millimeters and made everything look even.
Anybody out there got better news for KO??
Old 07-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't have a TA03RS so I can't compare but know that I think of it....I believe the RS version was quite a bit shorter than a regular R version. You may not be able to change the R version easily.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default TA03 RS and TA03 R

The change from R to RS requires whole new chassis and belt. I'm pretty sure the suspension is the same but not quite sure.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

What kind of differentials are on the EVO IV and 415? Also is the shock bodies threaded on the EVO IV and 415?

The bling factor on both cars seems to be on overdrive...lol. This's gonna be a tough decision
Old 07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Evoracer
KO...NOPE..the 03R or 03R-TRF is not the same. The 03R-S is the R version with short(S) wheelbase. I believe any 03R can be made into the shorter wheelbase version just by changing the rear arms but I'm not totally sure. But remember that no matter what....the 03, even in short version will not be exactly the same wheelbase as the M03L. If your body wasn't already cut, you may have been able to alter the wheel opening a couple of millimeters and made everything look even.
Anybody out there got better news for KO??

Oh i have a brand new body un-cut my main thing was body mount and making it look right. if anyone has a rolling chassis or know someone that has one that will work instead of the M-03L
let me know please . and the sooner the better for me im ready to buy just need to know what
Old 07-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The shorter TA03's should work with the body you have in mind, at least the wheelbase is close to the required 240mm. What I 'm not sure of is the width. Using an unmodified ta03 might result to the tires sticking out of the wheel wells.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Regional Moderator

any other help out there on this?

thanks guys for helping me with my stupid question I must this tamyia thing is messing with my mind lol. R -RS -S man its tough to keep track of
Old 07-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You will have a hard time putting the bB on the 03RS the width is the hard part as rough said.

The RS is a shorter tub, belt and stiffener. The R is the long wheelbase both use all the same suspension parts. If the wheel base is close on the RS you could also use an M04 to run under it.

I have the M04 with a long arm set and the Porsche 911 GT1 on it. Mostly for show as I had all the parts laying around.

Hope this helps KO
Old 07-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Regional Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Difuser
[B]You will have a hard time putting the bB on the 03RS the width is the hard part as rough said.

The RS is a shorter tub, belt and stiffener. The R is the long wheelbase both use all the same suspension parts. If the wheel base is close on the RS you could also use an M04 to run under it.

I have the M04 with a long arm set and the Porsche 911 GT1 on it. Mostly for show as I had all the parts laying around.

Is yours the silver one on ebay ? and will it work on the bB body?
Old 07-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Evoracer

Rough512
The shorter TA03's should work with the body you have in mind, at least the wheelbase is close to the required 240mm. What I 'm not sure of is the width. Using an unmodified ta03 might result to the tires sticking out of the wheel wells.

They are correct with what they have mention regarding on the TA03 specs...
Old 07-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

No mine is the car I raced at Worlds and it is now permanent wall art. I did th conversion for because it was a topic @ the local club. I worked up a set-up and parked it. I also found a few Japanese sites that had done the same but had quite a bit of modified parts on it.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Difuser
No mine is the car I raced at Worlds and it is now permanent wall art. I did th conversion for because it was a topic @ the local club. I worked up a set-up and parked it. I also found a few Japanese sites that had done the same but had quite a bit of modified parts on it.
So will it work ? and what price you want for it ?
Old 07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

IT is not for sale it is now "retired", "out to pasture"

As far as working the car is OK but I really did not get a great set-up for it. It would be fun to run a Porsche series based around the chassis.