Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8t 2.0 or Mugen MBX6t

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reggie l.
lol this is funny to me, a buddy of mine on my race team runs a mugen. He also joked about this one weekend, and he broke a ring and pion that same weekend. But not only that, he had to replace it like 2 other times after that. But i havent touched my r/p all season....
Interesting. I haven't messed with my diffs at all running a big brushless setup which should test diffs under more stressful loads than nitro ever dreamed of....????

Sounds like a shimming issue to me.

Likewise I've never seen a rear arm fail on any of my local mugens ever....

Frank, what it comes down to is setup and support. I can tell you with full confidence, the mugen is plenty capable as is the losi. If your looking for a change, I'm not sure I'd look elsewhere outside these two companies. Both get the job done.

If you do decide to go mugen, hit me up for setup. I've messed with the truck alot and have a solid setup tailored to my hard driving style. I push hard and need a lot of steering and feel that's where I've gotten this setup.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think MUGEN and losi are 2 of the best truggies on the market today. I have not driving the Losi 2.0 except maybe 1 or 2 times just a lap or 2, but a couple of my friends that I race with have losi's and love them. I personally love my mugen and have not had any problems what so ever with mine. I did break a servo saver arm one time but that's it and I have been racing mugen for 2 season's now. Good luck with your choice Frank!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Frank I think you started a war.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have owned and raced both, and they are both great vehicles. I personally have chosen to go down the mugen route as I find that the plastics don't flog out at anywhere near the rate that the Losi did, with the Losi I was having to replace arms and diff housings 3 times a year, where the Mugen, I have only needed to replace 2 front lower arms due to horrific crashes that where my own fault. The Losi really needs aftermarket rear toe plates, alloy rear uprights, alloy rear diff inserts etc to become nice and robust where the mugen didn't need any upgrades. I haven't bent a truggy chassis yet, but I have with the buggy, its a well known issue. Diff shimming on the Losi and Mugen is both an issue however once you have it right on the mugen, it becomes a non issue where the losi had to be checked and adjusted regularly as heat effected the bulk heads. At the end of the day, both great vehicles, but they both have tendencies in driving styles. The mugen suits my driving style better than the losi ever did, particularly once I started to work on setup. My pick is the Mugen, but there is nothing wrong with the Losi. Support may be an issue where you are for Mugen, as I know the Losi is the best supported vehicle in the states where the Mugen is just as well supported here in Australia as the Losi and support plays a massive role in picking the right car for you. Another thing with the Mugen, do not be afraid to try the more radical setups for them, they may look radical in comparison to your traditional setups (ie I am thinking setups like savoya's being a little out there) but these "new" setups are all about making the chassis do a lot more work for you than the traditional ones are. They do work. Best of luck with your decision and I hope your happy with the outcome.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Prophet

man i, might go with a mugen truggy the mspec one im not hearing bad things about it although i never messed with adjusting pivot balls on the front hub carriers to adjust the camber.

i do like a stable truggy and be able to push it around a bit.

now i dont have any support from other racers at my track though with setup and parts.

and i like steering not twichy though.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 8T v MBX6T

Hi there, I try to be as unbiased as I can, I used to have a losi 8T (still do just my son drives it) and now have a MBX6T. Trust me I loved my Losi and it was only due to my business becoming a Mugen dealer that I changed. Well to be entirely honest I am really glad I did and I have actually just bought and M-Spec for my son for christmas. One thing that was beginning to worry me with the Losi was some of the plastics were starting to wear after only having done 15-20 litres (3-4 gallons for you US guys), in fact it is probably getting to the stage (with my son still driving it) that if I don't change the vehicle around christmas time (roughly 30-35 litres) I will have to do a complete replacement of a lot of parts. I have put roughly 20 litres through the Mugen so far and have not noticed one bit of wear (and considering my driving that is surprising). I'm not trying to start a war (like I said I loved my Losi) but I really feel the Mugen is more durable. I had it said to me one day 'if you want something fast out of the box buy the Losi, if you want something durable and fast after a bit of tinkering buy the Mugen'. At the end of the day this is only my opinion and shoot me down if you feel like it, but after 20 or so litres through the Mugen and the thing really starting to feel comfortable (lap times haven't improved a lot but consistency really has) I would have to say the Mugen is the better truck.

Regards Bruce.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Frank I think you started a war.
Not trying to start anything. But it sure looks like it.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Going from the dark side to the darker side......
Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Not trying to start anything. But it sure looks like it.
Well i must say this is one of the cleanest VS. thread i have seen. well done guys keep it informative.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Well i must say this is one of the cleanest VS. thread i have seen. well done guys keep it informative.
Honestly, I'm not really about trying to get people to switch one way or the other. I think both rigs are really really capable track tools. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

I chose Mugen due to my past experiences. I feel their kits are of the highest quality in both fit/finish and operation. They just flat work....
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itbvolks
Honestly, I'm not really about trying to get people to switch one way or the other. I think both rigs are really really capable track tools. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

I chose Mugen due to my past experiences. I feel their kits are of the highest quality in both fit/finish and operation. They just flat work....

What is the differance between the mbx-6t and the 6t mspec?
Old 11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8
Same kit. The m spec is Pre built
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8
Mspec is prebuilt.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tc5 man
man i, might go with a mugen truggy the mspec one im not hearing bad things about it although i never messed with adjusting pivot balls on the front hub carriers to adjust the camber.

i do like a stable truggy and be able to push it around a bit.

now i dont have any support from other racers at my track though with setup and parts.

and i like steering not twichy though.

as you can see in my avatar pic i run a 1.0 t .
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reggie l.
lol front and rear...

I run a losi, and i dont see me changing no time soo. But, I drove the mugen lots of times, since my race buddy/cousin has it.
The mugen is a great truck and it does steer very well..But it seems (mabe just my driving style), the mugen can not be pushed as hard into the corner like the losi. Seemed like in order to get it to rotate how i wanted, i would have to slow down a little more or change the way i entered/ exited the corner.
Although I disagree with the breaking of arms (never broken one in two years), I will agree the truck is lighter on its feet. Iif you add about 2 ounces of weight it can be driven extremely hard into the turns. It is a lighter than the 8t.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.