Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by EAMotorsports

P.S. Batteries will be in stock by the end of next week
...Woooo Hoooo... it"s about dang time ...

Hey Eric.. will you be doing any of the Intellect or IB 3600 cells in the future..???? Please say yes because these things Rock!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dave
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

J-P
your answer is over geared & your batts, just get your new one in there
And you could of phoned me on sunday while you was at DMS ,would of guided you through the maze of `going fast`

By the way ,my dyno is the race track,

Originally posted by J-P
i run a monster that colin sorted out for me, using f-line brush's I run it up on the pulsar at 2v. it pulled 8amps, i thought this was high!! but i dont know any better any way out of curiousty i run an EA roar with 767's in and it only pulled 3.8amps at the same rate. im not sure of my results but if any one could explain the differance that would be great

i must say that the car didnt have much punch out of corner's but my cells are not the greatest. ( im getting new ones soon )
and was running at 7.7-7.9 ratio in a pro-4

thanks guys hope my info can help some others out

J-P
Old 01-24-2005, 12:38 AM
J-P
Tech Regular

hey colin thanks but i thought you was out!!

i thought i was over geared but was unsure about dropping to low on the ratio, i.e. 8.2, but i am well happy with the motors and so was some of the other guys at dms, i just gotta learn to get the gearing right like you said to me on saturday evening but its all a learning curve

still out side next sunday with the EA roar

J-P
Old 01-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

This is EA`s recomendation on new motors

To Dyno a New Motor

When you order and receive a motor if you are going to dyno the motor before running it please follow the following instructions. Take the motor out of the package and put it on a motor break in box at 2 volts for about 30 seconds just to reseat the brushes after shipping. Then spray the motor out with motor spray (without removing the brushes) and allow to cool and dry then dyno. If you don't follow these steps you won't get accurate readings.

1) i don`t run them in (that`s me) cos the 1-2 laps i do would of seated the brushes by then
2) i don`t do dyno`s, reason is i can`t be arsed & the track is my dyno

i have never done anything to the F-line??striaght out of the packet into the motor, no drilling,no sanding,no cutting, they just work

russm8
Q) after cleaning it for the first time, did it do it again??
Q) was this on on motor that came with F-line as std??

If i thought the F-line were a bit dodgey i wouldn`t of gone over to the F-line`s. the 767`s EA has used were good, but i have faith in the F-line`s ,i used to use putnams last year to get the `power` i get that with the F-line plus the wear on the comm is soooooooo much better & i can do 3-4 high speed races instead of 2-3,

But i know the F-line will not work for every one, every one is different some like 767`s others don`t,some like putnams some don`t, etc etc etc

EA
the motors in transit?? the way your wife packs them is real good cos they are in tubes it is less likely to be damaged & off all the boxes that have arrived none of them have been crushed

mini & russ keep us posted
Old 01-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

J-P
Learning curve?? it`s a steep one at that
Old 01-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

j-p
YGPM
Old 01-24-2005, 03:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Colin, Yes the motor was great once i cleaned it and it was a new motor with the f-line brushes . Just thought i would post as i thought that maybe it could have been a problem for others as i thought there could have been a protective film on the com brushes or something.

I have no problems with the EA motors at all tbh i think there GREAT :P

I just think that i was unlucky on sunday. Next time i will run any new motor in for a few mins before i run it to reseat the brushes.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I reconmend using Zubaks speed juice for breaking in motors. Its what I use here at home on all the motors I build.

On my site you will see that I reconmend also running a motor at 2volts for a few hundred seconds when you recieve them...especially people overseas!! When getting shipped I pack them as well as I can but with the motors being bounced around sometimes it may unseat the brushes. There shouldnt be any film on the comm's or brushes. I clean everything after dynoing them to ensure they are perfect when they arrive to the consumer.

EA
Cheers Eric, i might have to get colin to get me some of those drops. The last motors I got I took apart and skimmed before running them and then re seated the brushes, wasnt taking any chances.

Tell me do you zap the can of your motors? would me zapping them before I run them be beneficial?

And another question a bit off topic that some of you US guys or uk guys may be able to help me with, do you know of anywhere that I could order an 1/8th of an inch long series hand reamer??

Also I wont be dynoing any new motors, cos they are always good. I just intend to dyno one ive had a while and try different brushes, springs and see what my zapper does to the motor.

Last edited by minibutmighty; 01-24-2005 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

mini
EA is sending me some speed juice & lube with the next order going out today (i hope) or tommorrow
Old 01-24-2005, 05:24 AM
Tech Initiate

That be the order with my roars?????
Old 01-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Buddy,

Taking a little off the edges reduced the overlap which drops the timing a little. I will take away RPM but will add torque, watts and eff. To give an idea how much to take the width of a comm slot on the comm is 2 degrees. So if you took that width off each side you would be running a 20 degree stock motor!! But it will have tons of rip!! The higher the timing the more rpm and ampdraw you have.

Hope this helps

EA
Mr Anderson, (why do I have scenes from the Matrix flashing through my head all of a sudden)

I sent you an email
Old 01-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Errrrrrrrr no!
EA is expecting them this week (i hope) fingers crossed

this has monsters & 19t`s on board. 1 for rod, got to keep him happy
Old 01-24-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Initiate

email sent Mr jolly regards another issue.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

mini
when i have the reply from paul@ BRCA i will notify you
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

colin, you have PM

to the EA users out there.....has anyone had any good results using comm drops? certain people have told me it can make the motor worse (smears the carbon around or something dodgey like that)

although i have been given a "tip"..i noticed Eric used comm drops to develop the F line brushes..how does he actually use the comm drops?..just put a drop on the comm and give it a spin?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.