Search
Like Tree78Likes

EAMotorsports discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
did you get my message about the speedworld info? are 4200's the battery we're running in Vegas or is it still 3800's?

Yeap I got it....going to send him a price list now. We will be using 4200's for Vegas I am pretty sure

EA
Old 06-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Eric can you give me the information for the person who paints your bodies? Need to paint some for Vegas! Need some batteries too!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by beanster
Eric can you give me the information for the person who paints your bodies? Need to paint some for Vegas! Need some batteries too!
Hey Beano.... [email protected] That is his email. Name is Russ. He does a killer job and is fast and very reasonable.

I seen where you called last week....been busy on batteries and such. I'll have some ready middle of this week. Just give me a shout and I can meet you somewhere if you want....Maybe H ters for some wings!!

EA
Old 06-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

10-4 Hooters might be a great place to pic up some batts. LOL Are you going to the Summer Sizzler?? I will give you a call on Monday!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

EA Motorsports YGM...
Old 06-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

EA........You Got Mail!!!!!! From a week or two ago!!!!!! LOL

Brant
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by POOKYT
EA........You Got Mail!!!!!! From a week or two ago!!!!!! LOL

Brant
Dont remember it...send it again.

EA
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Sheesh!!!! Guess I'm back to riding in the bed of the Team truck again!!! LMAO!

Email resent brutha!!

Brant
Old 06-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Halifax 19t national

Hiya Eric
Thought I'd give a quick rundown of the national from the past weekend.
Basically, had a bit of an odd weekend...

Saturday was awesome, blazing sunshine, awesome practise. Motor wise, started out with my EA C2 with F-lines (red/Green) on 5.1 FDR, had a few decent runs, but kept getting interference... then had a problem with my speedo, so borrowed a friends Tekin G11 to sort that out. Originally thought it was the speedo that was causing the glitching, but it now seems it was actually the motor.... not entirely sure why though. Could it be the caps in the motor gone, or how about the brush/spring (i did run them in, and can't see any arching when I run it up).
Anyway, to sort it out, switched to a checkpoint 19t (didn't feel the atlas in the box was the right way to go). It ran good all weekend, but I would have prefered to use the C2... still think it would have been the fastest motor out there, given the track.
Ran the EA IB38's all weekend though, never lacked punch, and these are a good few months old now (but admitadly well cared for ). some 42SHV's next

Anyway, Sunday was much more cloody and overcast... typical. First run, kept the car exactly as was the day before, including tyres... which were the wrong compound now, given the temperature had dropped . Ended up 38th overall (about 80odd drivers in the 19t class).
2nd Round, made one stupid mistake, and ended up not improving. Was a right bugger, as in the very next heat, it started to rain! No more improvements through out the field for that round, so if I had got an improvement in my run, could have been pretty assured of a good starting spot. Anyway, the rain really played havock with the grip level, it was Pitsumi wets from now on.... (also, being a gas track, any moisture and the surface goes really greasy)

3rd round, no longer raining, but track was still wet (but thankfully no standing water), went out and set a time, that if doing Round by Round, would have put me 10th in the round . To give an idea of how much less grip the track had, first two rounds, my fastest lap was 19.38s... fastest in rd3 was 22.61, so over 3sec a lap on the fastest!

Anyway... some how ended up in 32nd on the FTD list (38th after the 1st rd, not improve 2nd or 3rd... go figure ).
First final, not too bad, till I got caught out on a slippy section of the track, needed marshalling. Thought I did pretty well to come back to 3rd.
2nd leg, got a good start, and made a move on the pole man coming out the first turn. Unfortuantly, he got badly sideways putting the power on, and slide straight into me, spining me 180 into the path of the pack... somehow, no one hit me, so i got going again, and set off on a chase. Managed to get into 2nd, but the leader was just too far down the road to do anything about him (even though I was catching). Have to say, in the final leg, the track was the slippiest it had been all day, really had to drive, and would easily punish a trigger happy throttle pinky....

Anyway, a 3rd and 2nd put me 2nd overall in the finals.... and having looked back over the results now, I would only have needed to find two seconds in Q to end up in the C... rueing that mistake in the 2nd rnd now .
Still aided my championship position, now currently sitting in 7th in 19t F2... Top 5 is the aim, along with cracking the C at some point. Pace is there, Motors and batts are great, equipment has been upgraded (new MRT MX speedo, and a Futaba S9550).... next national in just over a week... bring it on!!

Later
Ed
Old 06-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Team EAM

Thanks for the update Ed....Keep up the good work over there!!

EA
Old 06-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Team EAM

Hey Guys,

Im finishing up a batch of SHV4200's and a new batch of 3800's this weekend. These 4200 SHV's are looking killer!!! I still have some Komodo Dragon's in stock and C2's as well.

Its been a rough few weeks as Ive been having some bad lower back problems and cant sit in the shop to work except for 30 minutes or so at a time....been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week for the past 2 weeks...helping but still sore. So if email responses and shipping is a little slower than normal this is why.

I am planning on going to the Summer Sizzler at Trackside if anyone else is there I'll see ya then!!

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 06-25-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sorry to hear about your back Eric, I had a really bad back spasm about 2months ago myself, so feel your pain.
Bent down to pick up a rope, and my back just went ping, could hardly move. At the time it happened I was out on a sailing yacht (my oother hobby), so ended up getting a lifeboat off the water, and an ambulance to hospital as the services wanted to get it checked out
Worst bit was.... I started my new job the very next day, struggled through the first week on a high dosage of anti-inflamatries and pain killers :ekk:

Btw, think I might have found the reason for the C2 causing glitches, the endbell bearing is knackered. Still out of precasution, swapped the arm out to a new can and endbell (having checked the bearings first). If anything, the magnets in the can will be stronger too

Deffiently going to try and break into the top thirty this weekend coming, knocked on the door at halifax, so deffiently feel I can do it. Not sure if I'll be doing the final round of the championship now (could be in spain racing yachts), so need to make every round count

Cheers
Ed
Old 06-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I am planning on going to the Summer Sizzler at Trackside if anyone else is there I'll see ya then!!

EA
Yesssss

Sorry to hear about your back, Eric. I'll be calling you tomorrow about stuff for the Sizzler. Hope you get better.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Try a massage therapist as well. She has worked wonders for me.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Take care of that back Eric. I've had some serious lower back problems non stop for the last 3 years. I know where you're coming from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.