3Racing Sakura Zero S >

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Old 03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt*strike
Selling my sakura zero with spares and three sets of tires. Check it out.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...5-shipped.html
Thanks...sent a PM.

Originally Posted by Yogi-
200mm BMW on sakura.
Originally Posted by Yogi-
The one on left is 190mm, clear one is 200mm
Great pics and I appreciate the difference between the two! I'm glad to know the either body will work and look good.

Originally Posted by sonspit
can sombody plz point me in the right direction... i need some good tires... every tire ive tried so far either had no traction or ballooned waaaay too much, the one tire set that was good(ride).... blew up during high speed...
My LHS suggested I buy these tires for racing and good traction...APS40428
Old 03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

just tried to chnge pinions and realized the grub screw is rounded badly... how can i remove the pinion now? any tips
There are four ways I have removed them, one way can be better than the other depending how badly it's rounded off. (In order easy to hardest)

1. If it's slightly rounded, you may be able to jam in a T sized bit in there one size larger or close to it and be able to back out the screw. These are the bits that look like a star ( * ) they have six sides.
2. If it's not extreme, you should be able to use a small hard steel screw driver, (flat head) and be able to lock it into the screw and be able to make it jam in there and be able to back it out.
3. The other method is more work if it's really bad. You would need to hammer in a flat head screw driver through the center of the screw, or drill it through to weaken it. With either method, once again, jam in a steel flat head screw driver to get a better bite and you should be able to back it out.
4. Drill out the whole screw. This is hard and you have to be very careful to not go too far down or to large with the drill size. This will weaken the screw to the point that a little of the wall of the screw is left to where you can jam in a flat head screw driver and easily back it out, it pretty much falls apart.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Speed Passion; 03-11-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

post a pic
Here you go, excuse my messy wiring.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know the part number for the rear "dog bones" that drive the rear axles on the Zero S. These are the ones that sit against the foam round that you stuff into the rear diff out drives. The manual calls them drive shafts I believe.

Was thinking of buying spares but could not determine the part number. Can anyone help?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by capnkids
Does anyone know the part number for the rear "dog bones" that drive the rear axles on the Zero S. These are the ones that sit against the foam round that you stuff into the rear diff out drives. The manual calls them drive shafts I believe.

Was thinking of buying spares but could not determine the part number. Can anyone help?
If I remember right, the stock Zero S swing shaft is 44mm, if so the part no. should be SAK-40G.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hpi x pattern racing tires, stock 3racing, ride slicks( were the best so far but exploded) and a bunch of others that i dont knoow the name of... tell me something good
What surface are you on? What about ambient temps? Track size and layout?

Asphalt and carpet would be very different recommendations. The sorex recommended in a previous post (28R) would be very good on carpet. Although would wear out very quickly, and most likely overheat on the track, on asphalt.

On carpet, sorex 28R, sweep QTS 28, and even up to Sweep exp 30 can work. I've heard 30x lrp too but I've never tested that. On asphalt, Muchmore 32, Ride RE32 for cooler temps. Ride 34REX, Sorex 36 for warm-hot. Ride RE36 for hot.

On some out door tracks, changing the tyres during the day to a different temperature is a must as the tracks can grip up fast, others only if there is a weather change. Right now for my home track I would use a Ride RE32 for the first run of the day and change to either a Sorex 36, or Ride RE36 depending on how hot it got later in the day, maybe the 3rd or 4th run.

Ask the people your racing with. They will be able to point you in the right direction. Each track is a little different and the "best" tyre will change. Your locals will also most likely be on a tyre that works well, and is easy/cheap to source.

Last edited by wollow86; 03-12-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by capnkids

Originally Posted by sporadicidiocy
If I remember right, the stock Zero S swing shaft is 44mm, if so the part no. should be SAK-40G.
The manual calls them swing shafts for some reason which does match their own description on their own website. 3Racing calls them dog bones: http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=5043

I can see where anyone may get confused. The right part is: Sakura Zero S > 46MM Dog Bone NO:SAK-S11. These have two pins on each side of the shaft, hence why they are called a dog bone. These are the stock replacement.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Speed Passion; 03-12-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

This is a great site to find part numbers:

Zero: http://os.3racing.hk/car_parts.php?carkits_key=109

Zero S: http://os.3racing.hk/car_parts.php?carkits_key=113

I'm sure most know it already.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Speed Passion; 03-12-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

hi guys
any 1 want to share there gearing for 21.5
i was running 60/41 last night and motor went bang
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rozzt_iwa
hi guys
any 1 want to share there gearing for 21.5
i was running 60/41 last night and motor went bang
What motor were you using and what's the internal ratio of the car?

Cheers
Rob.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

To change to the narrow carbon fiber chassis what do I all need besides the chassis? Does anyone know the size of e clip in the shocks?
Any tips on building the shocks. I lost the manual on how to build them (I have the adjustable shocks)
What springs should I use for carpet. 17.5
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 6376vette
What seized? Bearings stator or rotor? aren't you doing speed runs with your car and a mod motor?
well it doesnt run no more when I hit the throttle it will rev for a second then nothing im pretty sure its the motor because the ESC is running normal going by the lights. I pulled the motor apart dont know much about these things but to me it looks ok but a friend of mine done the same thing and told me yep its the motor. Yea I mainly do speed runs I think I done a few to many that day and it was very hot ah well I ordered a tekin gen2 2.5 turn motor hopefully this will last longer
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

also what gearing would be best 4 a xerun 3.5t and 120a esc for best speeds?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the numbers on the swing shafts / dog bones. I have saved the sites for future reference.

I decided to go with the SSK drive shafts and purchase repair parts for the current front shafts to use later on. I will move the current front shafts to the rear and use the SSK shafts up front.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I committed a ton of money to basic spares (things like arms, etc.) so I guess I am committed to a long term relationship with the zero s. I almost wonder if I should have just bought a second one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.