Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

mdutcher first, what wheel choices do I have for the Sakura? I couldn't find any Sakura specific brand replacement wheels. Looking for a part number and manufacturer.

Second, looking for a great tire that can be used for toying around outside in the driveway and in street. What tire would you recommend?
1/10 tc cars all use the same hex size so any brand would fit hpi and dynamite have some cheap tires for burning up on the street along with others see what your local hobby shop has

jmcn r Is it based off of any other designs or is it a fresh ground up package?
there is nothing completely new in tc it is all variants of a theme this chassis is based on their Sakura ZERO so the upgrades are almost endless now i am not a historian so where that design started from i don't know but prob a Tamiya or some such chassis
Old 12-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Azeroth!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdutcher
I am not that familiar with on road cars, but I have some simple questions.

First, what wheel choices do I have for the Sakura? I couldn't find any Sakura specific brand replacement wheels. Looking for a part number and manufacturer.

Second, looking for a great tire that can be used for toying around outside in the driveway and in street. What tire would you recommend?

Third, what is the stock wheel width? For 190mm bodies, what width is recommended?

Any other insight for wheels and tire choices would be helpful.

Thanks!!
Standard wheels fit I think it's 12mm hex

Wheels with body's fitting is a hit and miss
Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, recently I've damaged my front lower arm and steering knuckle. Anybody know what replacement 'brand' can fit into my Sak Zero S kit besides the official 3racing ones?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Is there a reason you don't want the 3racing ones.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by matt*strike
Is there a reason you don't want the 3racing ones.
The only reason is due to lack of supply of the parts at my local hobby store. Tired of waiting to order from overseas online rc stores.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quickershifter
The only reason is due to lack of supply of the parts at my local hobby store. Tired of waiting to order from overseas online rc stores.
Where do you live?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Odin544
Where do you live?
I'm from Malaysia. My local hobby store have a very limited stocks for Sak Zero S parts. The nearest that I usually get my parts is from rcmart.com Hong Kong. It will take most at least 4 days to arrived. And I don't want to waste money on shipping. Usually I only will order from them when there is a group order. (Me and my local RC colleagues). It wont happening until next year.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know the steering knuckles from a XRay t3 will fit but not sure about the arms.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

How about tamiya brand? I heard theirs TRF416 range can be fitted.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

im new to the hobby. i recently bought a sakura zero s kit.. i just finished building my kit. everything is stock per the manual. im running a 34tpinion with a castle creations sv2 sidewinder esc and 6600kv (6900kv?) 4pole brushless motor. with a 7.2v nimh battery. i was told this motor and setup should be pretty fast. i,ve ran it only twice. its extremely SLOW for some reason. can anyone tell me why this could be...

could it be the battery?
also is that pinion too big its very tight... could that be why its soo slow?
its only going about 5-10mph!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sonspit
im new to the hobby. i recently bought a sakura zero s kit.. i just finished building my kit. everything is stock per the manual. im running a 34tpinion with a castle creations sv2 sidewinder esc and 6600kv (6900kv?) 4pole brushless motor. with a 7.2v nimh battery. i was told this motor and setup should be pretty fast. i,ve ran it only twice. its extremely SLOW for some reason. can anyone tell me why this could be...

could it be the battery?
also is that pinion too big its very tight... could that be why its soo slow?
its only going about 5-10mph!
That's your answer.

Get some proper hardcase 2S lipo pack.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!

Just bought me a Sakura S zero.

With the kit I got a Speed passion Cirtix Stock club race esc and a Speedpassion mmm 3.0 comp 13.5 motor.

It`s my first electric touring car, so I`m wondering if you guys can recomend some Lipo`s for it.

Planning to order from Hobbyking.com, so would be nice if you can link the ones I should get.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Klodrik
Hi!

With the kit I got a Speed passion Cirtix Stock club race esc and a Speedpassion mmm 3.0 comp 13.5 motor.

It`s my first electric touring car, so I`m wondering if you guys can recomend some Lipo`s for it.

Planning to order from Hobbyking.com, so would be nice if you can link the ones I should get.

Thanks
I bought two of the HK Zippy Flightmax 4000mAh 25C lipos for $14 each and they've been great so far.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Klodrik
Hi!

Thanks
Depends on what you're planning to do with the car.

If you're going to race the car at a club or higher level, then I'd recommend theses ones as they're ROAR approved, give you great performance and good run time. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24198

If you're just going to do some car park bashing or race occasionally at a club then these may be suitable too as they will also give great performance and good run time. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24192

And if you're on a tight budget, these will still give good performance and slightly less run time. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16809

Cheers
Rob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.