Search
Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Wink

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
Thank Cannot make it this week but I will be there soon. Saturday nights are better for me. I have been there several times on the off-road track. This is my first on-road car and I am excited. I plan to race the VTA class soon. I will stop and say hi. I just painted a blue BMW body last night and it looks great
I'm usually there on Saturdays and not on Wednesdays but the past 2 weeks have been a little off schedule. I'm missing this Saturday but should be there the next. Have to get the f1 dialed for the series races.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Maybe the 1/12 is next???? It really makes sense for them to do it the way they did. F1 is very popular in aisa and a 4wd tc chassis is popular everywhere. Around here 1/12 is a come and go class. I haven't run my serpent in months. it sure is fun to drive though.
1/12 was one of my favorite classes but now there's no tracks for em around here even if i want to run touring i have to drive an hour there's someone talking about making an indoor carpet track and if so a 1/12 would be awesome and a sakura zero s to go along side as well a inexpensive 1/12 would be the coolest thing
Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rcduder
1/12 was one of my favorite classes but now there's no tracks for em around here even if i want to run touring i have to drive an hour there's someone talking about making an indoor carpet track and if so a 1/12 would be awesome and a sakura zero s to go along side as well a inexpensive 1/12 would be the coolest thing
1/12 is a blast. Our track had a good class over winter but the drivers got tired of buying tires. Seemed like a set only lasted a week or two.

A entry level 1/12 is definitely needed. I traded a losi 8 buggy for my serpent. Otherwise I wouldn't have a 1/12 at all.

I can't say enough good things about the sakura s. it has opened up a lot of new drivers to rc that don't want to or can't afford the decked out xray and associated chassis. I bought mine and added the options as I could afford. now it is a full blown zero. Just wish 3racing would do the xi the same way. I like the car but $375 is too much for me. I can honestly say if it weren't for the sakura s I wouldn't be racing rc.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

1/12 is a blast. Our track had a good class over winter but the drivers got tired of buying tires. Seemed like a set only lasted a week or two.

A entry level 1/12 is definitely needed. I traded a losi 8 buggy for my serpent. Otherwise I wouldn't have a 1/12 at all.

I can't say enough good things about the sakura s. it has opened up a lot of new drivers to rc that don't want to or can't afford the decked out xray and associated chassis. I bought mine and added the options as I could afford. now it is a full blown zero. Just wish 3racing would do the xi the same way. I like the car but $375 is too much for me. I can honestly say if it weren't for the sakura s I wouldn't be racing rc.
You could continue to hop up your s to XI spec?

If you think about it though, what would be different on an XI S over a zero s? The only common parts between an s and zero out of the box would be the arms, shims, screws, bumper...etc. if instead of buying alloy zero bulk heads, alloy XI ones were purchased, you could follow the upgrade path to the XI. Form what I can think of the only plastic parts not common between the two is the rear arms.

From zero spec, the major changes would be:

- Lower chassis: moves motor mount forward, different battery securing method, and on the DH split blocks. Also flex.
- upper deck: flex
- dual bell crank steering
- bulk head covers: allowing finer control of roll center changes and camber gain.
- narrow rear arms

Other then that, the only other difference is the diff mounting cams screw into place, and the rear bulkhead had the belt tensioner in it.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wollow86
You could continue to hop up your s to XI spec?

If you think about it though, what would be different on an XI S over a zero s? The only common parts between an s and zero out of the box would be the arms, shims, screws, bumper...etc. if instead of buying alloy zero bulk heads, alloy XI ones were purchased, you could follow the upgrade path to the XI. Form what I can think of the only plastic parts not common between the two is the rear arms.

From zero spec, the major changes would be:

- Lower chassis: moves motor mount forward, different battery securing method, and on the DH split blocks. Also flex.
- upper deck: flex
- dual bell crank steering
- bulk head covers: allowing finer control of roll center changes and camber gain.
- narrow rear arms

Other then that, the only other difference is the diff mounting cams screw into place, and the rear bulkhead had the belt tensioner in it.
Oh I agree. I don't think a xi would perform any better than my zero just like I don't think my zero performs any better than a stock sakura s. It would just be cool to do an xi. I had a blast building my s into a zero and I did it only because it was fun. Upgrading a xi s model would be fun too. I will have to think about taking a zero s to an xi. I might try it just for fun.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Oh I agree. I don't think a xi would perform any better than my zero just like I don't think my zero performs any better than a stock sakura s. It would just be cool to do an xi. I had a blast building my s into a zero and I did it only because it was fun. Upgrading a xi s model would be fun too. I will have to think about taking a zero s to an xi. I might try it just for fun.
I think the way 3Racing does that is awesome. Because if you spend heaps on hop ups on a zero s, you just end up with the zero you couldn't afford to begin with.

It's the first car I recommend to a new racer who doesn't want to spend heaps.

I do think there are notable improvements though. I certainally noticed the difference taking my XI to XI DH spec. I have a 2nd hand zero s on the way that's basically a zero other then the lower chassis. So I'm going to get the XI rear bulk head covers and rear tower for it to use the same body holes as my XI, and just so happens I now have a spare XI chassis doing nothing.. So I will have a Zero/XI hybrid

One quick question though, the XI uses the same 171 rear belt as the zero/s, but the front belt for a zero/s is 522 opposed to 517 on the XI... Not sure why?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know if you can use the alloy c hubs and alloy knuckle arms from a TRF 416 on a Sakura Zero S?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

All - Any issues with using a 200mm body on the Sakura chassis?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
All - Any issues with using a 200mm body on the Sakura chassis?
Nope, none at all. Depending on the body you may want to use wheels with higher offset to push them out to fill out the wheel wells. Thicker hexes can push them out a little as well (stock is 5mm, 6 and 7mm hexes are available).
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

any suggestion i have just built the sakura s zero for us in VTA here is in australia using 21.5 i have already got new turnbuckles didn't like the 1's in the kit what gearing are ppl using for 21.5 any setup suggestions should i put into my car

thank you
Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RicerX1
FYI in case anyone wants to know. I just installed a 72t 48p Kimbrough Spur and it fit perfectly into the spur holder. No cutting or grinding required. It was a tight and snug fit, which is a good thing.

Hi.

Do you have more information about your mod on the vertical engine kit? I have been thinking about doing this, but "everyone" have it on the other side. That seem a lot of work... This looks great. It works ok?
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by luda
Does anyone know if you can use the alloy c hubs and alloy knuckle arms from a TRF 416 on a Sakura Zero S?
They will fit with a little work. But a buddy of mine had problems with the front. Its not really worth the effort.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rozzt_iwa
any suggestion i have just built the sakura s zero for us in VTA here is in australia using 21.5 i have already got new turnbuckles didn't like the 1's in the kit what gearing are ppl using for 21.5 any setup suggestions should i put into my car

thank you
Medium tracks les a FDR around 4.0. Large flowing tracks as low as 3.5. I'm running on a high traction indoor track and running 3.84 in the usgt class which is 21.5 because our vta is 25.5.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not to beat a dead horse the zero is the better car over the S ? Would this car be a wise choice for vta class? thanks for your input
Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by team mopar
Not to beat a dead horse the zero is the better car over the S ? Would this car be a wise choice for vta class? thanks for your input
The Zero is the full carbon/alloy beast that the Zero S is based on. Just like a T3 to T3R. More plastic and FRP then alloy and carbon.

The current top of the line 3Racing car is the XI, or more recently the XI DH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.