Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thailand Worlds Track Images 2010 Buggy View Angle

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some feedback from one of our local team members who managed to get to the track and see the developments.

Track surface has been redone nice and clean and smooth, no changes on the track other then the carpets being removed and some off cambers being re sized a little.

Table top jump looks like has been retouched with some minor height adjustments most probably to what it was first time running since our last visit the track did take a good beating.

A forum user posted it on the WC2010 Winners thread, clearly shows the track has been oiled down and left to bake and get wet and packed for the worlds.

Should be fun, leaving day after tomorrow to Thailand...
Old 10-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

The track is simply amazing! What you can't tell from the videos or the photos is the elevation change from left to right (drivers perspective). I would estimate it to be in the order of 2m (6ft) on the racing line with the straight being slightly up hill until you ride the berm in the first corner section.

During the pre-worlds, the oiled surface was fantastic apart from the wear to the chassis and the messy clean up for the first couple of days. Each time you ran on the track, it was in exactly the same condition as the heat before and the heat before that. It was perfect for demonstrating who the best drivers were without influence from changing track conditions.

I'm told that there are at least 9 heats with some of the most amazing talent to ever compete for a WC. All of these guys deserve a fair go at proving how good they are.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisL
The track is simply amazing! What you can't tell from the videos or the photos is the elevation change from left to right (drivers perspective). I would estimate it to be in the order of 2m (6ft) on the racing line with the straight being slightly up hill until you ride the berm in the first corner section.

During the pre-worlds, the oiled surface was fantastic apart from the wear to the chassis and the messy clean up for the first couple of days. Each time you ran on the track, it was in exactly the same condition as the heat before and the heat before that. It was perfect for demonstrating who the best drivers were without influence from changing track conditions.

I'm told that there are at least 9 heats with some of the most amazing talent to ever compete for a WC. All of these guys deserve a fair go at proving how good they are.
+1

the track is very consistent when oiled, not to mention the dust factor goes down to zero. tire wear is not an issue when oiled where its really a huge issue when dry!!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drake having a steel armored bug for the WC tells you he must be low in ride height or the track is really eating up the chassis.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When you guys say oiled track, just what kind of oil is being used? is it a kind of oil that can not be used for this kind of application in the States as EPA would regulate.. thanks Kevin
Old 11-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
When you guys say oiled track, just what kind of oil is being used? is it a kind of oil that can not be used for this kind of application in the States as EPA would regulate.. thanks Kevin
I don't think they have the EPA like the states do therefore they can use oil. I'm guessing motor oil.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think I read somewhere it was diesel fuel.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
Track looks great and that is not blown out at all... With a little of that oil they use, I bet it is very consistent. I'll race on anything, but prefer to have something other than a "freeway with jumps" to race on.

For reference, blown out was the 2009 Silver State Nitro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnBLe0ZOCc
Ya, i was there at the silver state 2009, they do NOT water the track at all and in the pro A main buggy you couldn't even see the cars. LOL Here's are short video of me on the track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8GKGQ75l0
Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bring it on
Ya, i was there at the silver state 2009, they do NOT water the track at all and in the pro A main buggy you couldn't even see the cars. LOL Here's are short video of me on the track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8GKGQ75l0

thats, how my outdoor track is that i go to is dusty bumpy and rutty and they dont water it ethier but it keeps it constant i dont like it when somebody waters the track while im racing it catches me off guard .
Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

For those wondering...

used vegetable oil can work pretty well.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 11-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

track looks awesome.......
Old 11-04-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OMG concrete !

Man, better bring more chassis there.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
OMG concrete !

Man, better bring more chassis there.
Concrete is pretty common in European tracks, i think that in the end of the race a pile of chassis plates will be laying around the IFMAR booth
Old 11-04-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think they have to run the same chassis they started with. I believe there chassis gets stamped in the beginning so the rule can be enforced. Pretty sher thats why the Losi's are going with embedded skid plates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.