Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
How about a change of pace around here? :o) >

How about a change of pace around here? :o)

How about a change of pace around here? :o)

Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)
Thumbs up How about a change of pace around here? :o)

How about changing things up around here. After all the 'debates' that some have wanted to bring to us lately, I thought it might be nice to have us Christians come in and share some thoughts on how God has been working in our lives and blessing us lately, or in the past.

So offer up! What has God been doing for you, or showing you, or teaching you lately? How has He been providing, helping, and getting you through difficult times lately? What struggles have you been facing that God has helped you through?

I will share some things in a bit (just shared my God/truck story in another thread)----but I would like to hear what God has been doing in all of my Christian Brothers/Sisters lives.

Share with us how Awesome God is in your life!

Brad
Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OK I'll go~!

I wrote this as a blog on my FB some time ago, part testimonial part letter to my wife.

Enjoy.

How do you put into words the feelings you have in your heart? When you are like me it can be a very difficult thing to attempt. I seem to have no problem writing about the funny things that happen to me day to day or even a poem about a big blue pillow, but when it comes to spilling what is inside of me I can’t seem to open the valve to let it out.

The best way for me is to just start writing down things as they enter my mind and if I am lucky when I am done it will some how tell the story I am trying so hard to get out.

Jeni:
I sit at the keyboard and my mind is filled with thoughts of you from the soft fragrance of your perfume to the taste of your lips. I often find myself drifting off to a place were our kisses are endless and time has no meaning; I can feel your face in my hands and your lips on mine.
The pictures flood my mind, images of you and our babies, your smile and your tears. The good times pile up one on top of the other every new image covering the last, but then the images began to change. The pictures became dark and heavy, so dark and heavy that I could no longer see any of the good images. Everywhere I looked I saw nothing. I was lost, completely and totally lost. I collapsed to the ground crying and shaking under its incredible weight I could feel my body breaking down and taking its final breaths. I lost all hope. As I laid there alone wondering how I would ever survive, I felt a hand, I wasn’t alone, it was you Jeni. You reached down and picked me up. You kicked the dark images away and showed me that the good pictures were all still there. Still waiting for us to look at, enjoy and remember. You showed me we can still add memories to the pile. You did all of this when you could have easily ran off. When maybe you should have run off like anyone else would have, but you didn’t. You stayed to fight and displayed your true colors. The colors of a proud, true and faithful wife and most of all, my best friend.

You told me that it was not you that contained the strength but your faith in Jesus that kept you going even when you probably wanted to give up on me but you didn’t. You kept praying and hoping Jesus would help the lost soul you married for better or worse.

I am here to tell you as well as everyone else that takes the time to read this that your prayers have been answered.

About 4 months ago as some of you may know Jeni “convinced” us all to go to church. Well she found one she thought looked nice and we all got up, got dressed and headed on down. I had no idea what would become of me after this first visit.
As many people have written, the sermon really seemed to be written for us. It was not the normal Pastor but a couple that traveled around from church to church preaching their story of life. Obviously God knew they were perfect for our first time. The couple spoke of their life together. How he was the “not so Christian” one in the relationship and how she prayed and prayed for this man to be saved from the evil that had taken him over. (Sound familiar?)
I left that day feeling that God had just spoken to me and was showing me that I really needed to change the way I had been living my life. After that day I started to pray. They started out simple, just praying every morning before I left on my bike that I would be safe and to take care of my family while I was gone. Each day I would pray adding a few things and people in here and there, but nothing was changing. Our lives were still hard, we struggle with money and bills and kids and everything else.

One morning I knelt down to pray and just couldn’t do it any more. I began to cry, not knowing what else to do. I needed help and the only thing I knew to do was to ask God to take over. I simple want to give up trying to control my life. I asked God that morning to take me into his arms;

“I give Up Lord I cried out! I can’t do it with out you!”

I have been trying for almost 40 years and finally realized I was nothing without him. A day later I emailed Pastor Brian and asked him if he could make a little time to meet with me at the church that I needed to talk about what was going on in my life.

Two days after my 40th birthday I rode down to the church after work (Feb. 19) I sat with Brian and my heart along with my mouth opened up. I told him about my life to that point; I told him things I have never told anyone. I opened the valve and out it all came. Brain sat and listened to everything I had to say. Never making me feel hurried or that he was uninterested. I felt like I was talking to a friend I had never had before in my life. I can’t put into words the comfort and compassion I felt that night. He shared some stories from his past and then at one point asked me if I was ready to pray. I answered yes and at that moment “officially” gave myself over to God. We hugged and to be honest I am a bit foggy on what was said from that point forward. I do remember Brian tell me, “well February 19 the day the new Tim was born” Indeed it was. I rode home feeling like I had never felt in my life. So at ease, so assured, so good and so filled with the spirit.

Since that day I have felt my calling, and that is do whatever I can for the church for my family and for me.

For the Church I have began helping out on Wednesday nights with the “feeding ministry” carrying boxes of food to peoples cars or what ever is needed.

For my family, I am working everyday to be a better father and loving husband by simple trying to be “Christ like” in everything I do or say.

And for me, well I have joined a Tuesday night men’s bible study and am working on educating myself. I have met some great people that give me the support that is so needed in this life.

Now don’t get me wrong, we still struggle with money and kids and all the normal stuff, but the “hater” as my friends called me (seriously that was my nick name… and they made it up not me) has began to melt away. I find myself praying for people that in the past I would do nothing more then think ill thoughts about. I love Jesus and He loves me and my life has become a wonderful place to be.

Now the images are starting to change, like leafs on a tree in spring. Renewal and hope are in the air and the days begin to fill with warm sunshine. I know the dark images are still there in the pile they haunt me everyday, but slowly they get covered. One by one they are forced deeper into the pile and even if they are not seen anymore I will always remember them. I will remember the time I was weak, the time I gave up on everything, as much as I hate them they keep me vigilant and remind me of whom I was without Jesus in my life.

Jeni:
I love you like I have never loved anyone before. I took some bad roads to end up here but I made it and here is where I am and here is where I want to be.

I stand here, not in front of you and not behind you but beside you, hand in hand waiting to throw yet another image on the pile.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tim Smith
OK I'll go~!

I wrote this as a blog on my FB some time ago, part testimonial part letter to my wife.

Enjoy.

How do you put into words the feelings you have in your heart? When you are like me it can be a very difficult thing to attempt. I seem to have no problem writing about the funny things that happen to me day to day or even a poem about a big blue pillow, but when it comes to spilling what is inside of me I can’t seem to open the valve to let it out.

The best way for me is to just start writing down things as they enter my mind and if I am lucky when I am done it will some how tell the story I am trying so hard to get out.

Jeni:
I sit at the keyboard and my mind is filled with thoughts of you from the soft fragrance of your perfume to the taste of your lips. I often find myself drifting off to a place were our kisses are endless and time has no meaning; I can feel your face in my hands and your lips on mine.
The pictures flood my mind, images of you and our babies, your smile and your tears. The good times pile up one on top of the other every new image covering the last, but then the images began to change. The pictures became dark and heavy, so dark and heavy that I could no longer see any of the good images. Everywhere I looked I saw nothing. I was lost, completely and totally lost. I collapsed to the ground crying and shaking under its incredible weight I could feel my body breaking down and taking its final breaths. I lost all hope. As I laid there alone wondering how I would ever survive, I felt a hand, I wasn’t alone, it was you Jeni. You reached down and picked me up. You kicked the dark images away and showed me that the good pictures were all still there. Still waiting for us to look at, enjoy and remember. You showed me we can still add memories to the pile. You did all of this when you could have easily ran off. When maybe you should have run off like anyone else would have, but you didn’t. You stayed to fight and displayed your true colors. The colors of a proud, true and faithful wife and most of all, my best friend.

You told me that it was not you that contained the strength but your faith in Jesus that kept you going even when you probably wanted to give up on me but you didn’t. You kept praying and hoping Jesus would help the lost soul you married for better or worse.

I am here to tell you as well as everyone else that takes the time to read this that your prayers have been answered.

About 4 months ago as some of you may know Jeni “convinced” us all to go to church. Well she found one she thought looked nice and we all got up, got dressed and headed on down. I had no idea what would become of me after this first visit.
As many people have written, the sermon really seemed to be written for us. It was not the normal Pastor but a couple that traveled around from church to church preaching their story of life. Obviously God knew they were perfect for our first time. The couple spoke of their life together. How he was the “not so Christian” one in the relationship and how she prayed and prayed for this man to be saved from the evil that had taken him over. (Sound familiar?)
I left that day feeling that God had just spoken to me and was showing me that I really needed to change the way I had been living my life. After that day I started to pray. They started out simple, just praying every morning before I left on my bike that I would be safe and to take care of my family while I was gone. Each day I would pray adding a few things and people in here and there, but nothing was changing. Our lives were still hard, we struggle with money and bills and kids and everything else.

One morning I knelt down to pray and just couldn’t do it any more. I began to cry, not knowing what else to do. I needed help and the only thing I knew to do was to ask God to take over. I simple want to give up trying to control my life. I asked God that morning to take me into his arms;

“I give Up Lord I cried out! I can’t do it with out you!”

I have been trying for almost 40 years and finally realized I was nothing without him. A day later I emailed Pastor Brian and asked him if he could make a little time to meet with me at the church that I needed to talk about what was going on in my life.

Two days after my 40th birthday I rode down to the church after work (Feb. 19) I sat with Brian and my heart along with my mouth opened up. I told him about my life to that point; I told him things I have never told anyone. I opened the valve and out it all came. Brain sat and listened to everything I had to say. Never making me feel hurried or that he was uninterested. I felt like I was talking to a friend I had never had before in my life. I can’t put into words the comfort and compassion I felt that night. He shared some stories from his past and then at one point asked me if I was ready to pray. I answered yes and at that moment “officially” gave myself over to God. We hugged and to be honest I am a bit foggy on what was said from that point forward. I do remember Brian tell me, “well February 19 the day the new Tim was born” Indeed it was. I rode home feeling like I had never felt in my life. So at ease, so assured, so good and so filled with the spirit.

Since that day I have felt my calling, and that is do whatever I can for the church for my family and for me.

For the Church I have began helping out on Wednesday nights with the “feeding ministry” carrying boxes of food to peoples cars or what ever is needed.

For my family, I am working everyday to be a better father and loving husband by simple trying to be “Christ like” in everything I do or say.

And for me, well I have joined a Tuesday night men’s bible study and am working on educating myself. I have met some great people that give me the support that is so needed in this life.

Now don’t get me wrong, we still struggle with money and kids and all the normal stuff, but the “hater” as my friends called me (seriously that was my nick name… and they made it up not me) has began to melt away. I find myself praying for people that in the past I would do nothing more then think ill thoughts about. I love Jesus and He loves me and my life has become a wonderful place to be.

Now the images are starting to change, like leafs on a tree in spring. Renewal and hope are in the air and the days begin to fill with warm sunshine. I know the dark images are still there in the pile they haunt me everyday, but slowly they get covered. One by one they are forced deeper into the pile and even if they are not seen anymore I will always remember them. I will remember the time I was weak, the time I gave up on everything, as much as I hate them they keep me vigilant and remind me of whom I was without Jesus in my life.

Jeni:
I love you like I have never loved anyone before. I took some bad roads to end up here but I made it and here is where I am and here is where I want to be.

I stand here, not in front of you and not behind you but beside you, hand in hand waiting to throw yet another image on the pile.
Thanks Tim, I needed that!

Welcome to the Family of God, my Brother!

Our God is SO awesome!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Back Story, I ride a motorcycle just over 125 miles everyday commuting to and from work. I have been doing this ride for the last 8 years in arguably the heaviest traffic in southern California and as you might imagine I have several stories to entertain you with, so here we go~!

I have video's if you like....

There I was out in the dark thundering along the highway on my bike. I was on the 15 fwy almost to “Cajalco rd.” and in this area the traffic will start bunching up as we close in on the 91 fwy exchange, but the speeds tend to stay up. Well I was riding along maybe a bit lost in my thoughts when out from under the van that had just changed lanes in front of me shot a large Push broom!

Oh Boy!

The broom shot out from under the van and began flipping in the air as I closed in on it at a rapid pace. Knowing there was a large red Ford F250 truck to my left and cars behind and to my right, I froze for a moment trying to figure out what way it was going to fly. I toss the bike to the right and sure as heck the broom hits the ground and as if it knew where I was going and jumps right into my path. Well I am doing a “mild” 70+ MPH and all my time had run out. I jump up off the seat and prepare for contact. I clip the broom handle and the last thing I remember is the broom smashing into my right foot.
The impact was incredible!

I dropped my head down on my tank bag as I felt the numbing pain shoot up my leg. At this point I remember that I am on a motorcycle in heavy traffic and need to get my composer quickly or I will have pain in more then just my foot. I glance over to the right and it would seem everyone around me must have seen what just happened and slowed way down giving me all the room I needed to get over to the side of the road.
I find the shoulder of the road in the dark and start knocking gears down trying to scrub off speed. I slow to a stop get the kick stand down (it’s on the left side along with the gear shifter) I leave her running and slowly melt off the bike onto the dirt shoulder. I laid there for a minute continuing to sort through everything that just happened. My foot began to feel very hot and I am now unsure if it’s bleeding or even attached. Well I look down and my foot is still attached yay~! But it hurts and hurts bad.

I lay there in the dirt for a few minutes and realize that unless I wanted to die on the side of the road from hypothermal or wait until the sun comes up so someone driving by can see me I had better “Man Up” (R.O.H. copy write infringement) and get on the bike and ride to the next exit so I can have a little light to better asses the damage.

I get to my feet and Holy Cow does my foot hurt but we need to get our helmet back on and get out of here. Well just as I pull my helmet on I see an ambulance and fire truck with their lights flashing coming to my rescue. The ambulance guy jumps out and asks me if I am ok because they got a call a motorcyclist had gone down. (Someone did call and to that person, God bless you and thanks for caring.) I explain what happened and tell them I can put weight on it but I might have broken it. They put me in the back of the ambulance to look at my foot. I peel my boot off and the first thing I see is a clean white sock.. No blood yay~! So far so good, Off with the sock and you can already see my foot turning black and blue ouch~! Dave the ambulance guy tells me it looks like it might be broke and would I like them to take me to the hospital? Well not being the richest person in the world and too tuff for my own good sometimes, I really didn’t want to incur the cost of an ambulance ride so I explain that I don’t need my right foot for anything other then my rear brake (and if you ride you know that brake is used about 10% of the time, unless the road is wet or gravelly) and that I would like to ride to the next exit assess the pain there and if need be call Jeni and have her come get me. Dave tells me that’s fine and that they would like to follow me their in case I want further assistance.

I pull my sock back on and then my boot. OUCH~! Helmet gloves and I am ready to go. I get on and begin to ride the 2 miles to the next exit. I get to Ontario (the next exit) and pull into the Shell gas station. I park the bike and tell “Ambulance Dave” I feel ok and thanks for the help but I believe I can make it back home. This being the first time I have had light I take a minute to look over the bike. Everything looks ok… Wait… my right side foot peg is bent completely back into my exhaust pipe! Wow that peg can support my big fat carcass and was bent back like it was made of clay.

I crawl back on one last time and head for home. As I am riding I can feel my foot beginning to throb from the pain and the cold. I get home hit the garage door opener and roll to a stop. Nice I made it.

I stumble into the house and Jeni is instantly up knowing that something has gone wrong for me to be back home. I tell her my story and can feel the worry and sadness come over her. I try to explain that I am ok and there is nothing to worry about but I know I have to get off this bike and save that poor girl from the agony that she and everyone else feels every time I ride off.

I go to the doctor and after a few x-rays it’s concluded that I have fractured two toes. The one next to my big toe and the one next to my pinkie toe. The doctor tells me that if I promise to be a good boy and stay off my foot as much as possible that he won’t put a cast on it. YAY~!

So that was a little over a week ago and after driving my truck everyday I decided to ride today. Feeling a little nostalgic I got off the 15 fwy at Ontario to get gas at the Shell station I stopped at after the “broom mauling” and as I was filling my tank and man walks up to me with this a huge grin on his face. He tells me that his name is “Paul” and he was in the Red ford truck to my left when the broom hit me. He goes on to tell me he called the ambulance but couldn’t get over in time to stop. He began crying telling me how worried he has been since the accident and that when the broom hit me he lost sight of me in the cars and didn’t know if I had gone down. He told me by the time he turned around and got back the ambulance and fire truck was there and figured I was in the best care possible and the only thing he could do was start praying for me that I would be ok and he would see me again.

Welcome to having your prayers answered.

We hugged and exchanged phone numbers and once again I was on my way. I cried the entire way to work. Not tears of sorrow but tears of joy that in fact there are still people in the world that really care about other humans.

God bless the people out there whose job it is to help in an emergency and God bless those people that it is not their jobs yet help without thinking when they see another person in need.

God Bless you Ambulance guy David and Red truck Paul.

That's right, David and Paul....
Old 10-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow Tim, great stories.

I am a motorcycle rider too and i can completely relate to what you went through. glad you made it out ok!

That was awesome to meet that dude! Its amazing when people you don't know are praying for you! That is the spirit of God!

Great idea Brad, glad you brought this up, i have tried to post to this thread 3 times now and 3 times foiled...... i don't give up easily!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:11 AM

Wow...ANOTHER great story, Tim! Thank you for sharing it!

Eric---gotta get it posted up for us!

Keep 'em coming fellas!! This is good stuff!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default My thoughts

Where do i start.

How about the world news. I know its a scary place to start.

Working from the most recent back.

1- Chilean Coal miners. 69 days underground!!! Thats amazing, they all come out healthy and smiling. It reminds me of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, (Daniel 3) .
Did you notice their shirts? Check out this video

Here is an article that explains that their faith is what kept them hopeful in the face of Death.

I have seen quotes where they say that everyone in their group gathered together under God and had Faith through the whole ordeal and credit God for getting them through.

2. Plane full of passengers lands in Hudson River, no one seriously injured.??
The subtitle to this story is "Miracle on the Hudson"

In this Article Dave Sanderson talks about the life change that a miracle brings into ones life. Here are a couple of key quotes;

"I came away a different man. The message could just as well have been 'brace for the impact of a miracle'," said Sanderson.

"It bonded my wife and I in a new way. It bonded us and our children in an all-new way. What was once terror and in the immediate days after even a curse, has brought us a new perspective. It has grown us in ways we couldn't have imagined," said Sanderson.

"What am I going to do with the miracle that is my life today?"

More personal stuff

3. When i was a kid, i loved riding bicycles. I lived on a hill and would FLY down the hill because i loved speed! One day when i was about 10 i was going as fast as i could down that hill and just as i reached peak speed (approx 20-25 mph) i hit a rock with my front tire and went over the bars. I landed square on my head (no helmet in those days) and was knocked out for a few minutes. I awoke in a pool of blood coming from my chin that was split wide open enough to see the mandible bone.
After a few stitches i was good as new.

Where was the miracle you might ask? Well i could have suffered from many injuries from head trauma, to a broken neck, or worse. Smacking pavement at 20 mph is enough to kill a person.

4. My dad was into repelling. One day we were up on the mountain and he and a friend were already down the cliff on repel. I was only about 5 at the time and i wanted to see what he was doing down there so i ventured towards the edge of the cliff to look down ( i have no idea where my mom was?) The cliff edge was sloped down with the rope anchors about 3 feet from the edge. As i walked out the gravel under my feet started moving and i slipped falling backwards feet first off the edge of a 150 cliff. In a last ditch effort i reached up and grabbed at anything and my hand found the anchor of my dads repel rope.... I crawled very carefully back up on to firm ground and have been scared of heights ever since......

5: I used to race motorcross. I was at a race down Macon Ga, it was a real sandy track called Echeconnee MX. In practice i was cruising down a whooped out straight when my front tire caught a rut turning the wheel sideways. Again i went over the bars (see a theme here) landing directly on top of my head (think lawn dart) and my 200lb body followed driving my head into the ground at about 20 mph again. duh.... Every bone in my spine cracked and felt pain immediately. After a short lay on the ground i picked my self up and went to the Chiropractor for x rays. no damage, only sore muscles and joints. I feel very blessed and lucky considering that many guys get paralyzed in crashes a lot less severe. Thank you God.

6. I used to be terrible with money. I was seriously in debt ($75k) with a $32k job. After giving my life to Christ i was invited to attend a Dave Ramsey conference. That day i started getting debt free. I am now debt free, and have money to spare because i put Gods plan for my money to work. I tithe 10% of my gross every week to the church or other charitable organizations like Food for the poor and World vision. Glory to God!

7. I was terrible at relationships. I was broken from growing up in an alcoholic divorced family and being introduced to sexual acts at 6 years old.
Through Gods divine leading after accepting Christ i was able to work through many of my issues with a Christian counselor. Today i am married to an amazing woman and have a beautiful daughter whom i love and who love who i have become! I still fight my battles with the past, but with Gods grace and strength, i make it through!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

One for Today,

I believe I warned you to not get me started...

We all have days filled with different emotions happy, sad, excited, nervous or even depressed and lonely. Well for a number of small reasons I am feeling a bit lonely today.
Let me start by giving you the minute steps that seemed to guide me to this empty place.

Last night I had a couple dreams. The first one is just too odd and abstract to even describe but I remember waking up at about 2 am feeling a little sad and lost. The second one was no less odd but I will do my best to explain it.

The dream started abruptly as most do and I was standing outside the tiniest apartment type of place you have ever seen. It was really not even an apartment but more of a place consisting of two rooms each being no more then 6 foot by 3 foot so I open the door and go in and in their lived Parker and McKenna. They were their current ages (6 and 4 respectively) and the place looked as a 6 X 3 room would look if a 6 and 4 year old lived in it all alone. I didn’t talk to them really at all, I just remember thinking I needed to clean up for them as they were kids and there was no way they could do it themselves. I was also nearly over come with great sadness and despair at the thought of these two tiny children having to fend for themselves against who knows what living outside their diminutive door and thinking about how each morning they would have to get up and cloth themselves in an attempt to go to school and continue living in a world that they could have no defense against if and when it chose to turn on them.

I was awoken by my alarm at 3:40am and as unexpectedly as the dream had started it was now over and I was only left with a peculiarly sad and empty feeling.

The morning was colder then it has been in many months and because of that I was forced to switch from my summer riding gear (T-shirt, Thermo and leather vest) to my thick lined leather jacket. Cold mornings seem to have their own special way of making the dark seem darker and more isolated then normal. As I rode in the dark and wispy sprinkling of rain this morning thou there were many cars I began to feel more and more alone on this long dark ride I make each day. As much as I hate to admit it these 3000 lbs beast rule the world I meander through each day and all the angry faces I have to sometimes throw at them really mean nothing as in a real fight they would always win. I am but a insignificant bug to most of them. They may see me but pay me little concern or thought when it comes to their own plain and without incident the heaviness of this reality was coving me like blanket this morning.

I arrived at my daily gas station very early today and so not being in the mood to get to a job I have grow to simply exist at I thought I would fill up not only my tank but get a nice cup of hot chocolate to warm my bones. As I stood outside the gas station sipping my more hot water then hot chocolate drink my mind wandered as I stood in the dark and was deafened by the silence that was all around me. The world was still fast asleep as I stood and watched the buildings stand empty and alone and wondered if they too felt alone waiting patiently to be filled with life that the day would surely being them.

I crawled on my bike one last time and finished my ride to work, turned on my computer and wrote every word of this without ever rereading it so if there are massive spelling or grammatical errors I apologize but I honestly didn’t feel this was the kind of thing that needed correcting and should exist as it was intended simply ramblings from my mind.

I can’t wait to get home and hug my children and kiss my wife and I encourage you all to do the same.

I hope you all have a great day and God Bless you as he has blessed me more then I have ever been deserving of.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Wow...ANOTHER great story, Tim! Thank you for sharing it!

Eric---gotta get it posted up for us!

Keep 'em coming fellas!! This is good stuff!
Remind me Brad-Is there something I was going to share?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tim, good stuff. Its got a pensive tone.

I love being that way, i know God is about to do something huge in my life!

Each day i feel like i am growing in Faith. Your thoughts went on paper well and i love the picture of the buildings expectant of being filled, as well as your life.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the kind words Rider.

Here is one for you that I wrote that could be considered a puzzle of sorts.

Can you figure out who and what this story is?

Enjoy my brothers~!

Away with you! they scream, the wheel must be greased and the machine must roll on no matter the eventual hell fire outcome. Away with you! They scream, Collect the tokens to feed our beast!

Diseased and broken the traveler presses on through the land where the red eyed beasts dwell, tangled and twisted a brier patch awaiting its own feeding.
He wonders how such an unpleasant nauseating land can become a place to fear and desire at the same time. The cold needle that stings as it pierces his skin yet strangely comforts the traveler. He has become institutionalized a slave to yet another master. For the book says one man can not serve more then one master yet the traveler has many.

Forging on to the old man the traveler lurches and bounces across the land. As the red eyed beasts nip at him it has almost become routine dodging and weaving. When will the time come he wonders, that age or sanctimonious will allow the beast whose eyes grow wide as its mouth waters at the thought of devouring the traveler to finally gorge its perpetual apatite?
He can feel the beast’s warm breath flow over his body, one by one the traveler swiftly moves past them. Not today beasts! To the old man I must go! The traveler pronounces.

As he rolls on across the land of cold darkness his sick tired mind drifts off to thoughts of days when the old man was young much like himself robust, sharp minded with eyes that seemed to see forever, but age has caught up to the young man that once commanded his landscape and now where there was once strength there is only weakness and where there once was vision is now replaced with closed minded fear.
Unable to see the future any longer the old man spends his time counting his coins and waiting for the end.
The old man still calls out to his servant, waving his fists in a feeble attempt to appear powerful. Come to me boy, do many things I ask, for you need me far more then I could ever need you. Here are some tokens, now go and when you come back again I very well might reward you with more but no promises. Away with you!

The dark land dumps its ash and rubbish on the traveler covering him but a small fracture in the hard exterior of the traveler reveals a hidden beam of light, the light that helps to guide his way.

As the traveler rushes back to his domicile, his mind is alive with thoughts and images of love and joy as the beasts relentlessly peck and jab at him some wanting nothing more then to consume his light but what the beast does not understand is that by consuming the traveler he will not gain his light for the beast is destine to dwell in darkness.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Brothers

I will give it a go on my testimony but I will warn you it will be in 2 or 3 installments. I've got to get some wrenching done before racing today. Since going back to work "PRAISE GOD" last week after 21 months layed-off (night shift) I don't quite have me normal wrench time, so I will keep the first couple of chapters somewhat short.

Growing up my Mother use to take my sister and I to Sunday school until one day the old lady sunday school teacher told me (I was 7) that it was inappropriate to wear red in Sunday school as red is Satin's color. And that I was not in a good place if I chose to wear red in church. Needless to say my Mom and Dad were not happy with that and we never returned..........

We always did church on Easter, Christmas, Good Friday, etc and an occasional Sunday with my grandparents in a Lutheran church. But somehow I always had the fear of the Lord in my for some reason.
My Dad was a Union Iron Worker in my early childhood and then turned dirt guy with a small excavation business which he still does. So church was never high on his priority list but for some reason I could tell he had a fear and trust in God.
After atc riding and dune trips from when I was about 7 Dad and I decided I could finally get a dirt bike and soon after I started racing.

All of that racing left me with a LOT of injuries and bummed out let downs But I always keep sight of my dream of becoming a pro racer.

****this is where it gets good and is what I call the start of my Journey*****

Late one night before bed (I was now 17 or 18) I stumbled upon the 700 club (I know right? of all things) and I made the decision to accept Christ as my savior and actually called in to the hot line and prayed with the guy on the phone. I had a new outlook on life and tried to keep Christ in my everyday life and my Mom and I started attending a church.
I always prayed right before riding and racing and always displayed a large cross on my helmet and bikes. With the Lords help I kept getting better in my racing and had qualified for the Ponca City Amateur Nationals and was finally going to be able to go to the race. I had already decided that this was going to be my last big amateur race and would turn pro after the event.

Then it happened.....right before I was going to leave, I broke my navicular bone in my right wrist This is the end all break for motocrossers. And the bone that retired Rick Johnson and numerous others because it is right in the joint behind the thumb and being on the throttle hand, and it gets the least blood flow of any bone in the wrist, so takes forever to heal properly.

So heart broken I went to the Ortho and he told us what I knew I was going to hear.......Its broken, it may never heal right without surgery and will have limited range of motion, and I would be in a cast for at least 3 months. He told me to start off with the cast and come back 4 weeks later to see if it had started to heal and then if not we could talk about surgery.

I kept my faith and knew that there was a reason for me not going on that trip. I prayed and prayed as did my Mom and Aunts for this wrist to heal so I did not have to get it fixed. One particular night I was praying and in what I would call deep meditation with the Lord and I felt a warmth come over my right arm as I visualized my wrist being touched by God. It was amazing and It left me with chills. I knew right then what had taken place and praised the lord for what he had done. That next week I went in for the one month check up and just as I knew in my heart and to the Dr's surprise it was completely healed! <-----------"Praise the Lord!"
The Dr didn't know what to say and made sure they were my xrays. But Mom and I knew had gone on and thanked the Lord for healing.

That's it for now got to get wrenching........It gets better in the next chapter or 2 I promise

Sorry for the typo's I don't have time to proof read it.

Until next time
Old 10-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

With all these stories and trials faces it's easy to tell how the Lord has His hand in/on our lives. Somebody in the family who prayed for safety got their prayers answered.
On a side note, I have some "friends" who constantly make fun of my Christian walk. They claim, "Oh, he's just weak and a baby because of his belief."
Guess what?- they're wrong.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default My third baby is on the way!!!

First of all this is a nice thread!
Secondly, we just found out that my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child! Praise the Lord!
God has done some truly amazing things in my life that are true miracles! I'll share those another day.

Jesus is truly good!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 AM

WOW!!! More great God stories , Tim, Jeff and Eric! Good stuff!

Eric--- you mentioned that you were havig trouble posting, so I was saying to keep trying and get whatever you were trying to post---posted!...lol.

Casey---Coming from a motocross/all sports background myself, I could really relate to your story. I REALLY enjoyed motocross (although I wasn't at the level of racing that you were), but the injuries from it are still felt every day when I get out of bed and do different activities....lol.

After tearing knee ligaments in early practice for the 1995 season, I was praying SO hard that the Lord would heal me and allow me to go back to racing again. He did, but it was probably an answered prayer where God was giving me something that I wanted, just so I could learn that what I want sometimes isn't always what is best for me in the long run...lol. Many more injuries later, I finally gave it up. Now the pain and the 'zippers' on my body are a daily reminder of how much 'fun' motocross was for me...lol.

Rich----Congrats man!! That is SO awesome! Share your God-stories with us, and keep us informed of your wife and babies progress.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.