Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Turmoil FCG Chassis work on Mayhem? >

Turmoil FCG Chassis work on Mayhem?

Turmoil FCG Chassis work on Mayhem?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Turmoil FCG Chassis work on Mayhem?

Does anyone know if a Turmoil FCG (forward center gravity) chassis will work on a Mayhem? The Mayhem chassis are not cheap $60 & up but I can get a NIP Turmoil chassis for under $20 shipped. They advertise Mayhem/Turmoil. I know the Turmoil has two extra holes for extended motor mount but what concerns me is the FCG claims to move the engine and diff slightly forward. I believe it would work fine but possibly get into having to buy Dog bones for Turmoil because the lengths would be changed. I'm not even sure about the 2 chassis braces.

Any input would be great!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Landmines
Does anyone know if a Turmoil FCG (forward center gravity) chassis will work on a Mayhem? The Mayhem chassis are not cheap $60 & up but I can get a NIP Turmoil chassis for under $20 shipped. They advertise Mayhem/Turmoil. I know the Turmoil has two extra holes for extended motor mount but what concerns me is the FCG claims to move the engine and diff slightly forward. I believe it would work fine but possibly get into having to buy Dog bones for Turmoil because the lengths would be changed. I'm not even sure about the 2 chassis braces.

Any input would be great!
if i were u i wouldnt waste my time on a sportwerks just not enough parts suport
Old 10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

I'm noticing that. Parts are slim and will only get worst. I've been playing with Nitro Boats for a couple years and picked up this Mayhem a couple weeks ago and thoroughly enjoy this more over the boats especially since there's a nice local track. It's has a OS .21vspec. I may come out better finding a newer buggy. I paid $250 for this one along with the motor & starter box. I'd rather not buy a brand new buggy if a newer buggy is what I need. Any suggestion?
I'm not racing at the moment but will sooner or later after more practice. I'm using the the Mayhem as a starter. It runs great but has a bent chassis.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

it will work but you do need the longer center rear shaft. front shaft will still work.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rustyrevo
it will work but you do need the longer center rear shaft. front shaft will still work.
Hey, thanks rustyrevo. I was getting tire of looking up part numbers and trying to cross reference to no avail. I feel better about ordering the Turmoil chassis now seeing how it's under $18 new. A new mayhem chassis is over $60. Not exactly what I want to spend in a buggy chassis I won't keep for long. It's an older buggy but still a good one for practice I need not to mention indestructible. I'm getting my driving skills before I invest in newer one to maybe run with those guys in Fort Lauderdale. A lot of heavy competition over there.