Community
Wiki Posts
Search

central florida oval

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 03:51 PM

Unhappy central florida oval

there arent enough places to run oval in central FL if i go to all the oval races i still cant race once every week

i race mondays at rpm but thats only for another month or two

does any one know of a place where we could start a series besides (tq hobbies) in central FL
Old 07-06-2004, 03:58 PM

Thumbs up oval

who would like to run oval at superior i know i would
Old 07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

we have run oval at superior in the past..each month we got less respect..until we all just stopped showing up..

remember robby only gets to use his parking lot once a month..saturday is now used for the summer drizzler...

strickland races once a month as well

if you want to run oval every week you need to travel to tampa..mike boylan has a oval race every weekend! gt bray or franks...

i can race oval 7 or 8 times a month ..hobby world in j ville
rpm every monday
gt bray every other weekend
franks every other weekend
strickland second saturday of every month
focars once a month

boylan has a point series at gt bray happening now
focars is a true oval series with real rules a tech dept and a full time announcer....july 24th rpm speedway is the next focar race..come check it out...

and if you treat rpm like it's gonna close any day than it will...
tq is talking about having a series with sponsors and the whole 9 yards..

good lucky with getting robby to set up a oval for us,lol...
Old 07-06-2004, 08:19 PM

Kat i try not to treat rpm like there gonna close nor do i want them to but he has one employee opens every other day and i would sound like an idiot if i said they were going to stay open

i dont want rpm to close and i have bought a lot of stuff there recently trying to support them

i cant travel to j ville or tampa but once a year cuz i dont drive yet

but i hear we will race at jims track if rpm closes up

and i was wondering why robby didnt look so happy when i asked him why they didnt race oval
Old 07-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

yup politics play a large role..

thats not to say robby hates oval..heck he was the one who got my assassin chassis made for the touring sled and helped me every step of the way at the snowbirds. he himself has been heard saying he may buid one up and run with us as well. he hasn't ever felt the force of the oval cars yet. if we can just get him to wheel a oval car just once i feel we can get him hooked on oval racing. there was a time when we had over 50 guys running oval at supperior once a month. it has to be worth his time to let us race again there. that is to say he would need 40 or so guys to show up and race..we can talk to him some more and see what he says... even if he did it every other month maybe than a good crowd would show up? he even had a summer point series for the oval guys as well...he is still my little buddy..he he
Old 07-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

What was disrespectful about racing oval at Superior? It started with a bang and seemed to fizzle out as the months went by. The last race of the points series had only three oval cars entered. It seemed as if the oval racers didn't care to run there. This is just my observation as I have no inside info on what if any the problems were there.

Dave
Old 07-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

dave not to beat a dead horse but..they let us run on a wet track..and more than once started to pick the track up while we were racing? it was like we didn't exsist? so in the end we disapeared,lol...it didn't help that it rained every saturday during the summer and we (oval) were always the last races of the day every single saturday. when we did get our half hour of practice on the track noone from superior policed the track..the on road nerds and gas guys would come out and play on the oval while we were trying to practice. we had a short time to dial in the cars and running with gas cars and touring cars was just crazy. in the end i policed those guys up my way..needless to say they didn't like my way! it happens at every onroad/oval event held the same day..the onroad guys get 3 hours of practice the oval heads got a half hour..the onroad guys still couldn't respect that half hour and had to come out and play on the oval..i hated it...thus focars...no more having to share with the on road guys and they get there 3 and half hours of practice now..were all happy. robby and kenny heard our complaints but there bread and butter is gas/touring cars but that was in the hay day for robby when he had 150 + entries..now it's calmed down some..he now has monster truck jams on saturdays. when there isn't a point series going on. if i would have paid 20.00 to run one qualifier i would not be happy...but maybe i'm crazy?

now the interest in oval is sparking up and guys who are new to the oval scene like todd are wanting to run oval at tracks we have tried in the past..TQ has tried oval when billy worked there..but they realy weren't prepared to accomodate us than..talking with tim at tq i am hearing some good things...it makes me all warm inside,lol..

i am after all mr. oval poilitics in central florida...he he well at least I think I am

Old 07-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Its not much fun waiting for monster trucks to clear out for onroad practice either, but the commitment is there so what do you do? I seem to remember running oval on Sat and onroad on Sun.

Dave
Old 07-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

thats was the way it was ..until the summer drizzler was thought up..than it was every class run on saturday night..thast when it started to get real ugly..even mike bean gave up...