Wiki Posts
Search

Starter Box Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)
Talking Starter Box Questions...

I am looking into buy a starter box and would prefer one that would run on a Gel Cell battery rather than the power hook up to a car battery. I am pretty confused on what guys are doing... but would I be ok running a 12V 7AH batter like this one... http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...sp?prod=HAN102 and then re routing the cables inside the box? Or is there a better solution? I am pretty new to nitro and don't know much about starter boxes other than they are very handy If I was to get this starter box...http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...p?prod=DYN5625 with the above battery and the correct charger would I be good to go?
Thanks
Dave
Old 07-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

I use the blue Ofna starter box with a motorcycle battery in it..and it works great.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Many people are running gel cell batteries on their starter boxes. They provide PLENTY of power and last a LONG time. I, myself, run a 12V 7 amp battery. Only downside to this battery is that it is HEAVY. And for your question, you WOULD be good to go if you have a starter box, the battery, and a charger.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

I usa an almost identical battery in a blue Ofna chrome top for 1/8 buggy.

I would suggest the pink Ofna starter box for 1/10 scale, you can still fit the battery inside for 1/10 scale. You can't for 1/8th configuration on the pink Ofna.

The blue Chrome top sells for $69 and the pink Ofna sells for $79.

Matt