Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

do u have a part number for that serpent shoe? and what exactlly did u do, i have the sheperd spring, so im good to go, please respond asap as im placing large parts order in a few min, thanks.....i also heard i placed the flyweight on wrong, i didnt realize that they actuall go on the pin on the flywheel? i thought they just laid in there like mugens etc, so im going to do more testing in a few...the book doesnt show it laying over the pin, weird, but hey , that might of been a HUGE oversite on my behalf
Old 06-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
do u have a part number for that serpent shoe? and what exactlly did u do, i have the sheperd spring, so im good to go, please respond asap as im placing large parts order in a few min, thanks.....i also heard i placed the flyweight on wrong, i didnt realize that they actuall go on the pin on the flywheel? i thought they just laid in there like mugens etc, so im going to do more testing in a few...the book doesnt show it laying over the pin, weird, but hey , that might of been a HUGE oversite on my behalf
Tommy,

You should just stop posting and just read!!! The things that you and some guys post can not be helpful to the companies. I've been racing years and have had No problems with any car or any engine!!! 99% of the time it is the consumer that is making the mistake.

Just some advice. Do more reading and MUCH less posting and MORE racing and things will work out better.

Posting negative things about the cars, engines, etc is killing this forum and racing.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My Car is 100% Xray. I use the yellow shoe and have had ZERO problems. This car is awesome and you can not beat the quality of the parts in this car!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But I guess I made a bad decision trying to solve the problem, [/QUOTE]

You are right. People here are here telling the fact and experience, I don't spend so much times try many errors. Many gentlemen here helped to solve and fix many many times and moment. I appreciate help and advice. I lower my ego to learn.

Last edited by choisan; 06-21-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

6587N
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

XRAY Released New Option Parts !!
Attached Thumbnails Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-xr-342031.jpg   Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-xr-342041.jpg  
Old 06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
XRAY Released New Option Parts !!
i placed a nice order for rx8 parts this week, but NO response from you on when i can expect them to arrive? can you comment on this please?
all RX8 parts

tom massari
dumont nj usa
Old 06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Tommy,

You should just stop posting and just read!!! The things that you and some guys post can not be helpful to the companies. I've been racing years and have had No problems with any car or any engine!!! 99% of the time it is the consumer that is making the mistake.

Just some advice. Do more reading and MUCH less posting and MORE racing and things will work out better.

Posting negative things about the cars, engines, etc is killing this forum and racing.
POOH MIND UR BUSINESS i didn't ask you ANYTHING everywhere you go you start trouble, and i got my answers just fine, from posting, so again, no-one was talking to you, stop making other people business your own, like you did in the floyd thread, where your not welcome anymore, i cannot wait the day when you show to ny...dont tell me what to do, or offer advice... and thanks to the guys on here who helped me PLENTY, im set and on my way,by asking q's i was able to figure it out...im covered....

and your one to talk about negativity all anyone has to do is go look at ANY of your posts for the past year and than some, all you do is start trouble, i never knocked the car, matter of fact, mr. read it, i LOVE my car,no more talking to you, im done witcha wasted to much on you as is...till we meet
Old 06-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default wow

consider the source thats all i have to say.if u dont know u ask
Old 06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one thing it was told to me about clutch setup ....you sometime can't go by the manual, the manual is there to give you starting point but its all knowing how much gap and end play...i have took out caliber measure & measure so many times still dusts out 2 clutch shoes and one of the local racer take my clutch rebuild it w/o caliber just eyeball & wiggle the c/b and now the clutch is so smooth....but as we all know its trial and error
Old 06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
one thing it was told to me about clutch setup ....you sometime can't go by the manual, the manual is there to give you starting point but its all knowing how much gap and end play...i have took out caliber measure & measure so many times still dusts out 2 clutch shoes and one of the local racer take my clutch rebuild it w/o caliber just eyeball & wiggle the c/b and now the clutch is so smooth....but as we all know its trial and error
+1 It is a guide but most of the time needs to be readjusted depending on track conditions
Built 3 for the local Hobby Shop Superior Hobbies & all 3 went together very well no issues & no clutch issue's at all red or yellow shoe I put a basic setup & each customer was very pleased with the performance & tracktested
the car will perform out of the box very easy to drive
Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM
rjr
Tech Adept

POOH MIND UR BUSINESS i didn't ask you ANYTHING everywhere you go you start trouble, and i got my answers just fine, from posting, so again, no-one was talking to you, stop making other people business your own, like you did in the floyd thread, where your not welcome anymore, i cannot wait the day when you show to ny...dont tell me what to do, or offer advice... and thanks to the guys on here who helped me PLENTY, im set and on my way,by asking q's i was able to figure it out...im covered....

and your one to talk about negativity all anyone has to do is go look at ANY of your posts for the past year and than some, all you do is start trouble, i never knocked the car, matter of fact, mr. read it, i LOVE my car,no more talking to you, im done witcha wasted to much on you as is...till we meet
I think what Pooh was alluding to was your negative posts on the previous page. Have you gone back to edit them and correct them? Seems like the proper thing to do.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by *gk*
I have modified serpent shoe slightly to fit into flywheel,
The Red or the Yellow shoe?

If you used the Yellow, then I would advise you to also try the Red shoe, on a Serpent clutch that one will last an engine lifetime , and is really good!....

@TommyBlazin:
Yellow => 6587N
Red => 903239
Old 06-22-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by M7H
The Red or the Yellow shoe?

If you used the Yellow, then I would advise you to also try the Red shoe, on a Serpent clutch that one will last an engine lifetime , and is really good!....

@TommyBlazin:
Yellow => 6587N
Red => 903239
I have used a serpent yellow shoe in my clutch with no other mods and it has lasted on the same shoe now for 2 complete National events plus a good 3 hours of practice track time in between Like others have said my clutch gap is set up more on feel rather than accurate measurement with fine tuning accomplished by adjusting the spring nut. Therefore the clutch has become just a "fit and forget" item for me and allows me to concentrate on setting up the suspension geometry of the car for different circuits.
In terms of reliability this car is the strongest and best ive owned in 1/8 circuit racing so providing you can stay on the track with your driving then you can be pretty much assured the car will last the distance on a race day.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eigthracer
I have used a serpent yellow shoe in my clutch with no other mods and it has lasted on the same shoe now for 2 complete National events plus a good 3 hours of practice track time in between Like others have said my clutch gap is set up more on feel rather than accurate measurement with fine tuning accomplished by adjusting the spring nut. Therefore the clutch has become just a "fit and forget" item for me and allows me to concentrate on setting up the suspension geometry of the car for different circuits.
In terms of reliability this car is the strongest and best ive owned in 1/8 circuit racing so providing you can stay on the track with your driving then you can be pretty much assured the car will last the distance on a race day.
Most people I know with the car me included have simply fitted the Serpent shoe and moved on. The mod takes all of one minute with the dremel.

Every car I have owned over the years has always had some sort of minor issue thats needed sorting out at some stage...

For me I don't think it's a big issue, it's just a minor hicup that I'm sure Xray will address very quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.