Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

Xray RX8 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tonyhalandri
less rear camber,put some shims below rear upper arm,move rear absorbers to the upper holes....in general higher the rear rollcenter
Anyone knows when we put shims in the front sevro saver's linkage(outer position to the hubs)?
Perfectly done the set up in white mugen spring at rear. 95% similar the way I drivde MRX-5 now. Thx guys!

I didn't shim the linkage. But I move the Ackerman backward to reduce trye load at the front, let the rear tire do the rest.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

when is the new xray mamba monster coming out?
Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

guys i will be making the switch from mugen to all new Xray RX8 and i have noticed that there is no team set up sheets on the xray site yet available for people to have look at and try out, you look at other car makers and they are flooded with set up sheets, i know it is a new car on the market and the drivers are still probably trying new things, but i would of least expected something would of been put on the site to help people guide there way around the car, especially a car with more tuning points then the other brands have available. i have a big event coming up in 4-5 weeks time on a low traction bumpy track, and i have to go out with a stock set up and try and work my through the car...

it is kind of turning me off the car as in for support wise from team drivers, anyway i am sure this will all change and we see some set ups sheets for all various types of tracks, well one will hope anyway...
Old 05-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
guys i will be making the switch from mugen to all new Xray RX8 and i have noticed that there is no team set up sheets on the xray site yet available for people to have look at and try out, you look at other car makers and they are flooded with set up sheets, i know it is a new car on the market and the drivers are still probably trying new things, but i would of least expected something would of been put on the site to help people guide there way around the car, especially a car with more tuning points then the other brands have available. i have a big event coming up in 4-5 weeks time on a low traction bumpy track, and i have to go out with a stock set up and try and work my through the car...

it is kind of turning me off the car as in for support wise from team drivers, anyway i am sure this will all change and we see some set ups sheets for all various types of tracks, well one will hope anyway...
I am running at a low grip bumpy track next week and will post something then. I will post something for both cars on my website at least. The base setup in the box is pretty good starting point from what I hear.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Xray is working on getting the setup sheets up online so the team can fill them out. All they have right now is a blank sheet you can download.

I will see if I can scan one and put up some of the setups that we tried at the worlds.

Thanks Drew

Last edited by Drew Ellis; 05-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Xray is working on getting the setup sheets up online so the team can feel them out. All they have right now is a blank sheet you can download.

I will see if I can scan one and put up some of the setups that we tried at the worlds.

Thanks Drew
I tried couple of setup since last month, now I can say my setup is 90% same as MRX5 now, I'm satisfy for it now. Here is the setup for bumpy low traction track:

Front
-downstop: 1
- Toe out: 1.5
- ride height: 8mm
- camber: -1.5 left
-caster: follow to instruction
- eccentric wheel bearing housing: forward/ down
- shock oil: 600
- shock piston: 1 hole ( using adjustable)
- spring: mugen grey 1.8
- shock pos: middle
- upper arm pos: highest

Rear
-downstop:9
-Ride height :12mm
- toe in: 2
- camber: -3
- eccentric: normal
- shock piston: 2 holes
-Spring: mugen white 1.9
-shock pos: 2nd from lowest
-camber link pos: normal/ short link
-camber link outer shim: 2mm
-Flex: open

Clutch: red shoe
Clutch spring: mugen super hard, 0.6 mm preloaded
Clutch gap: 0.6mm

The basic setup is good, but not for bumpy track, the front will shake a lot cos of c 8.5 spring, it's too hard. The above setup that I can slide the car in tight corner. Hope this can help
Old 05-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

beebone,Drew Ellis and YBSLOW thank you guys for replying back. beebone that is very nice of you to pass on a set up, and will be looking forward to trying it out. YBSLOW i am looking forward to seeing what you come up with mate. yeah Drew that would be awesome if you got that happening.

Guys what about body positioning on the front bar? i will be running a P909 and i think its the Blitz R15

i know every driver has a different driving style and prefer the car differently then other drivers but this way new drivers have more of a direction and can work on some thing to suit there style.. this Winter champs event coming up for me is a important one, i have held a podium there 2 years ago and had it again last year, but the rear belt let go on me in the last 5 minutes of the 45 min final, this track is a tough track,we start early morning and go through till late at night, at night the track changes dramatically, with dew setting upon the car and the track surface with temps like 8 deg Celsius it is bumpy low traction high tire wear track with hard boards. lol you have to be on the ball and drive smooth while your fingers are going numb from the cold lol... anyway thanks again guys i will looking forward to seeing what u guys come up with and will try this set up from beebone also and will give you guys my feed back and hopefully get another podium or go the one better and take the win...

Thank you
Regards
Alex
Old 05-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

beebone,Drew Ellis and YBSLOW thank you guys for replying back. beebone that is very nice of you to pass on a set up, and will be looking forward to trying it out. YBSLOW i am looking forward to seeing what you come up with mate. yeah Drew that would be awesome if you got that happening.

Guys what about body positioning on the front bar? i will be running a P909 and i think its the Blitz R15

i know every driver has a different driving style and prefer the car differently then other drivers but this way new drivers have more of a direction and can work on some thing to suit there style.. this Winter champs event coming up for me is a important one, i have held a podium there 2 years ago and had it again last year, but the rear belt let go on me in the last 5 minutes of the 45 min final, this track is a tough track,we start early morning and go through till late at night, at night the track changes dramatically, with dew setting upon the car and the track surface with temps like 8 deg Celsius it is bumpy low traction high tire wear track with hard boards. lol you have to be on the ball and drive smooth while your fingers are going numb from the cold lol... anyway thanks again guys i will looking forward to seeing what u guys come up with and will try this set up from beebone also and will give you guys my feed back and hopefully get another podium or go the one better and take the win...

Thank you
Regards
Alex
Check out the RCAmerica/Xray/Hudy thread on here. I posted a lot of info a page or two back. About a lot of things we learned at the Worlds.

Thanks Drew
Old 05-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by beebone
I tried couple of setup since last month, now I can say my setup is 90% same as MRX5 now, I'm satisfy for it now. Here is the setup for bumpy low traction track:

Front
-downstop: 1
- Toe out: 1.5
- ride height: 8mm
- camber: -1.5 left
-caster: follow to instruction
- eccentric wheel bearing housing: forward/ down
- shock piston: 1 hole ( using adjustable)
- spring: mugen grey 1.8
- shock pos: middle
- upper arm pos: highest

Rear
-downstop:9
-Ride height :12mm
- toe in: 2
- camber: -3
- eccentric: normal
- shock piston: 2 holes
-Spring: mugen white 1.9
-shock pos: 2nd from lowest
-camber link pos: normal/ short link
-camber link outer shim: 2mm
-Flex: open

Clutch: red shoe
Clutch spring: mugen super hard, 0.6 mm preloaded
Clutch gap: 0.6mm

The basic setup is good, but not for bumpy track, the front will shake a lot cos of c 8.5 spring, it's too hard. The above setup that I can slide the car in tight corner. Hope this can help
Has Anybody changed or experimented with the front and rear track width of the car yet ? Im running mine at the moment at the default Front 251mm Rear 264mm but wondering if like some other makes, reducing the rear track width actually improves rear grip ? ( To me thats never been logical as I thought a wide track width would = better grip? but seems as though in 1/8 circuit the opposite occurs ? )
Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eigthracer
Has Anybody changed or experimented with the front and rear track width of the car yet ? Im running mine at the moment at the default Front 251mm Rear 264mm but wondering if like some other makes, reducing the rear track width actually improves rear grip ? ( To me thats never been logical as I thought a wide track width would = better grip? but seems as though in 1/8 circuit the opposite occurs ? )
My opinion is making the tail losing, so i follow the standard track width front and rear, increase the downstop to reduce droop at rear, make it easier to lose the grip.

Yes, wider track width will be more grip because of the lateral force create higher weight of the outer wheel, the wider the track, more lateral force apply on outer wheel.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Thank you
Regards
Alex
my setting is using 909, it pretty stable, but i like to push the body more forward, like 23mm or even more forward to make more steering.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ARROWMAX Option Parts
Attached Thumbnails Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-am-010012.jpg   Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-am-rx8-342630.jpg   Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-am-rx8-345800.jpg  
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CSO Released with Wheel Lock Nut Axle
Attached Thumbnails Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-cso-rx-8026.jpg   Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-cso-rx-8027.jpg   Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-cso-rx-8028.jpg   Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-cso-rx-8025.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Base Setup

Until XRAY has the setup sheet added to their database, I will upload one here. This should be the base setup that Ralph has suggested to several drivers and is using himself. The editing is a bit rough to read, but hopefully it will work ok until the XRAY site is updated.

- Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Xray RX8 1/8th Scale-rx8-base-setup-sheet-ralph-burch.jpg  

Last edited by RC America; 05-27-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America
Until XRAY has the setup sheet added to their database, I will upload one here. This should be the base setup that Ralph has suggested to several drivers and is using himself. The editing is a bit rough to read, but hopefully it will work ok until the XRAY site is updated.

- Bryan
Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.