Wiki Posts
Search

Corrado!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by seaball
hey cole,

did you get your cadillac yet? i am eager to get me hands on one. it actually looks like it may work. but that's alot of speculation.
Not yet, I've been forced to focus elsewhere, so I havent been racing much lately...
Old 07-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

here is my version of it, I made it more slanted to provide some more downforce because i am guessing that the wing will provide minimal downforce because it is directly behind a slanted surface
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
paintcorrado.bmp (145.8 KB, 233 views)
Old 07-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Yikes!!!

LOL Nitpicking is ok. Really! My sketch is probably a little misleading because I'm adding the flairs and effects. And it's dificult to put this on paper And I would love to see one but I dont think they are in the states. Also I thought it looked like a mustang before I cut off the back end. I didn't know it was a hatch back untill some one said it was in this thread . So don't worrie about hurting my feelings! I'm doing this car for you so if you dont like it then I failed. This is why I need your input good or bad. I liked the sketch that you posted ! I'm doing a mock up of it and will take pictures to show you. That will give you a much better idea of what it will look like. The way I proportioned it it came out 190 mm and a between 10 and 10 1/4 inch wheel base Is this ok?
Old 07-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well, the Corrado was sold here from 1990-1995, although it didnt really sell too well. you dont see many on the road today, thats for sure.

you should be able to find any pics you could ever use here:

http://www.corrado-club.com/gallery/

i applaud you for your efforts! not everyone can do that kind of deal anyway... looks like you are on the right track, tho!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

This, and the Scirocco have always been my favorite watercooled VW's... Personally, I love the Beetle (pre-58) but I've always liked the Corrado and Scirocco. Would love to see a lexan Corrado. Bring it on!

Rob
Old 07-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default sneek peek!

here it is Ive started on the mold
Attached Thumbnails Corrado!!!-imga3671.jpg  
Old 07-09-2004, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Nice start.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

I used to own a 93' SLC VR6 Corrado. In my opinion I would try to leave the shape of the car as stock as possible instead of adding all the extra flares that make it look like it has an all new body kit on it. Just my opinion, maybe others think it will look better with the wider look to it but I think besides making it look more low slung it should look pretty much like it would in real life. I always liked the shape of my Corrado, the only thing I didn't like about it was the front end, I always thought it looked dated, but I thought the back and side profiles looked great! If it looks good I will buy one, when HPI had their body voting forum I was always hoping they would make this body! Keep it stock and give it a slightly lower profile, low slung look and I won't hesitate! Maybe it is hard to tell by your pics if I will like this look, have to see it in it's finished state to know for sure. The fact that you are making the effort and displaying it deserves props in my opinion.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

can u make a Mustang Cobra R? Or a Civic hatchback? that would be tiight! lol
Old 07-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Keep us updated on your progress.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Up date!

Hello again ! I'm still pounding on it but I'm going to wait till it gets more detail before I post more pics of it . The way that I have to build bodies is I have to put any flairs ,spoilers, scoops, and so on. all that stuff has to be carved first because it cant be added to the mold so sometimes the pictures of it will look kinda strange. I'm doing 5 other bodies but I have been working on the cor. And please don't ask me to do a stock looking one I just cant do that (way to boring) and to me it's like just using someone elses design But I will show the mold when it's done and I can make a sister mold from that one and tone the flairs and stuff like that down if you want Ill keep in touch and I hope this makes sence cause it's 5 oclock in the morn and my brain went to sleep on me
Old 07-17-2004, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default LOL!

Gezzzzzz "Andsetinn" Did I atleast spell Corrado right?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, The body is getting along nicely.