Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Will you buy the Winning Manufacturer Car After the Worlds? >

Will you buy the Winning Manufacturer Car After the Worlds?

Will you buy the Winning Manufacturer Car After the Worlds?

Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcion
I dont see how people could do that. I can understand people buying the hotbodies d8 especially if you are just entering the hobby and want a good kit at a cheap price worth racing, but most of these pro drivers can drive anything they put their hands on so to me the Worlds really has no influence on what buggy to b. For normal weekend warriors such as my self, I just look for a buggy that feels good to me and has good build quality.
i cant agree with you more! take for example the losi buggy how many world championships have those guys won mmmmmmm....... exactly it does so well locally and nationally no world titles yet. my guess is they wont win this year but it will still be the top selling buggy out there.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know if IFMAR will ever allow truggies?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

No, i already own the World Champs car.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ironpeddler
Anyone know if IFMAR will ever allow truggies?
nitro rc buggies r 3 times bigger in europe,long story short the european guys arent turned on by the trucks the buggies are like driving a ferrari to them . they are superior engine tuners and engine manufacturers chances are the engine your using was made in europe. it is very big business in europe they really drive this rc industry not the usa
Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Wow. I am loving that post! HAHA.

Now all we need is to dominate at DRIVING :-D
Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Im buying everything they run. Even the same undies.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i already did,

i have an Ishima, an Xray, a Kyosho and a Losi, one of them has to win for God's sake
Old 10-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im buying everything they run. Even the same undies.
+1.........that's a good one...............
Old 10-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will I buy the Winning Manufacturer Car? Probably not. Depends if I like the driver or not.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
A D8?
I'm pretty sure James runs an Agama..

But, don't dog on a D8, if you haven't run one, your just paying more, and getting less..
Old 10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
i already did,

i have an Ishima, an Xray, a Kyosho and a Losi, one of them has to win for God's sake
Well, you might need to pick up a HB.. LOL
Old 10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default GS CLX will win the worlds

GS Racing will win the worlds
Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
I'm pretty sure James runs an Agama..

But, don't dog on a D8, if you haven't run one, your just paying more, and getting less..
I do run the A8 which is close to the D8 but I just sold my 808 and the only reason I never ran an 8eight was because I didnt want to buy all new tools. I think there are allot of factors that go into the winning driver/buggy combo. I honestly think it's not neccessarily the best driver or buggy or even engine. There seems that they have to have some luck, and strategy , and a slew of other things to go just right. You could not convince me for a second that Hara is the worlds best off road driver or that the D8 is the worlds best car just because they won the last worlds. Everything came together for him and he just happened to be the champion because of it. There are about 20 guys who can all be right there as champ and are all capable of winning with pretty much any car and any race worthy engine as long as all the pieces fall into place for them like they did for Hara
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hell yes! How else will i go faster?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I do run the A8 which is close to the D8 but I just sold my 808 and the only reason I never ran an 8eight was because I didnt want to buy all new tools. I think there are allot of factors that go into the winning driver/buggy combo. I honestly think it's not neccessarily the best driver or buggy or even engine. There seems that they have to have some luck, and strategy , and a slew of other things to go just right. You could not convince me for a second that Hara is the worlds best off road driver or that the D8 is the worlds best car just because they won the last worlds. Everything came together for him and he just happened to be the champion because of it. There are about 20 guys who can all be right there as champ and are all capable of winning with pretty much any car and any race worthy engine as long as all the pieces fall into place for them like they did for Hara
+1
I think Hara showed the world that out-right raw speed isn't enough to worlds, its a combination of every aspect of racing: preparation, practice, fuel strategy, conserving tires, driving the correct lines, ect. I think in an interview he said he drove safe enough just to get into the main, then he drove safe and smart enough to make him competitive in the last 1/3 of the race. he has a racing mind only a few could dream of.. i guarentee that Hara will be there in the closing minutes.. it'll be interesting seeing everything the drivers are doing as well. i will say expect the unexpected this time around..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.