Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will Lutz Drive next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they could go the HB way for a truggy. Extend the rear chassis and rear center drive. Longer arms and dowgbones. Keep the buggy center diff and gear the front and rear lower. New towers could be done to run the same shocks. The darango's design has so much in that could transfer over to a truggy. Plus being a new player in 8th scale, sharing parts would not be a bad thing.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats Ryan and I wish you all the best at the Worlds and with Team Durango!! Bring us home a championship to NorCal
Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=rcgeezer;8044107]Congrats Ryan and I wish you all the best at the Worlds and with Team Durango!! Bring us home a championship to NorCal[/Q
Old 10-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morkendi
they could go the HB way for a truggy. Extend the rear chassis and rear center drive. Longer arms and dowgbones. Keep the buggy center diff and gear the front and rear lower. New towers could be done to run the same shocks. The darango's design has so much in that could transfer over to a truggy. Plus being a new player in 8th scale, sharing parts would not be a bad thing.
Isn't that the way most of the truggys are that are based on buggys?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morkendi
I think that is why the HB truggy is so easy to drive.. It has all the weight as far forward as it can be, giving an excellent balance, and tons of turn in..
Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frank L
yep. lol
Old 10-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
actually the losi truggy is extended front and rear.. and i think the mugen is also
Old 10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Most truggies are extended front and rear. Much better way of doing it IMO and it seems to make them drive more neutral. There comes a point where too much of the weight is in the front. Gotta have some weight on the rear wheels too. That's just my opinion.

Anyway, back to Ryan. Good luck at the worlds man!! We'll all be rooting for ya!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's not about putting all the weight forward, its all about how a platform transfers weight. Losi started it with the 8ight, and all the newer buggies like the agama, serpent, and darango are taking it to the next step. This is why I am excited to see a driver like Lutz go to one of these platforms. Looking back when the 8ight first came out, Losi drivers won everything. Drake racked up tons of wins. Other buggys started to move toward this design and the playing field evened out. Being that I mainly race truggy, I can't wait to see when some of these designs move over to truggy. From what I understand, these buggies almost have a 50/50 weight bias. I think that is what makes the D8T handle so well as it is the closest to achieving this. I own both the D8t and the 8T 2.0. I race the D8t and let my foster son drive the 8t, but I get the fun of setting up both. Lutz is one of the best out there I think, I saw him live at the psyco nitro blast. Now he is not only going to drive, but also help with development? I think there is a lot of good things to come from this, and seeing it carry over to the truggy market is something I hope happens.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

my question is to the masses on this page,team durango has nothing on its website about the signing of lutz,i follow them on twitter there was nothing. i know he announced it but team durango has shown no respect.which leads me to my next question do they feel that he is their top driver or do they have better after all they just came out with the buggy. how did teams like mugen ,losi,kyosho,xray,etc let him slip through the cracks if he is world championship quality? did they choose him or did he choose them?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
my question is to the masses on this page,team durango has nothing on its website about the signing of lutz,i follow them on twitter there was nothing. i know he announced it but team durango has shown no respect.which leads me to my next question do they feel that he is their top driver or do they have better after all they just came out with the buggy. how did teams like mugen ,losi,kyosho,xray,etc let him slip through the cracks if he is world championship quality? did they choose him or did he choose them?
I'm sure a little of both. And remember that this all happened rather quickly and that the head honchos for Durango are probably in Thailand right now as well. With the worlds being top priority I'm sure when its over you will see some website updates and we will learn more of his role at Durango. But trust me he is world championship quality if there ever was such a thing. As far as the other companies are concerned who knows, but everything happens for a reason!

Last edited by Brian Alderman; 10-09-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

No offense to Ryan but there is a bigger thing happening right now for Team Durango to be focusing their time on and that is preparing Ryans cars for the Worlds and the Worlds in general.

Ryan is Worlds quality and had his K car not let him down in 2008 would have most definitely been in the Big Show and running with the front of the pack.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

you know i got say this right now in 2008 ever one said mike and hara were the fast men on the track. if some one can find it go get ryans lap time be4 his car broke in the semi because he was 1.3 or something a sec ever lap then hara and had some god lap of 2.3 faster.

so at the end the day the mp9 let him down and if it would stay in one peice he be the champ.

so at the end of the day why he went with durango they want to win. ever one ask what was his goal for 2010 he want to win the worlds imo he got the car to do now.

let find out what happens
Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Awesome stuff Mr, Mrs and Baby Lutz!

The video was neat-O!

Good luck at the worlds Ryan, you will do awesome!

You guys are such and encouragement and a great example to others! Thank you for taking that responsibility seriously!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We at www.rcinsider.com caught up with him and got him to share some info on our page, check out his second Q and A with us.

Also we have more Q and A from other drivers that went to worlds warm ups on our top right hand side of the page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.