Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

That's the thing, I don't have any pinions so I was hoping to at least get close with the first one I get so I don't have to buy a bunch of useless ones.

Looks like Ill start with 15?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rexdog
Trying to keep this thread alive as I have read about 75 pages and have learned a lot about this little truck.

I just got a roller of ebay, trying to set it up. I've got a 3500kv Tacon motor and a Brushless Hobbies 120A ESC. I know this question has been asked 100 times, but what pinion should I use?

I will be running 2s 5000mAh 40c battries and want it fast, but also controlable. I plan to race my in-laws on the back yard dirt track and maybe someday make it to a proper track.

Thanks for the great thread and any help in the future.
Hi mate.
It will be easily controlled. I have a 6000kv motor, 14tooth pinion with a 2s 60C battery and its quick but controllable.
I would say go at least a 15T to start withbut dont be surprised if u need to run like 16-17 or so...
Good luck and let us know how u go!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Apocalypse2099
does anyone bash with their truck. i dont bash hard, and the only issue i encounter was the steering knuckles. the arms seem to be pretty strong and flexible.

i used to bash a b4 buggy a bit harder and i rarely broke an arm on that thing.

ofcourse anything will break if you hit it hard enough, i broken stuff on my 1/8 buggy and those things are tough.

sucks that rpm didnt make arms for these trucks.
I Only race mine but still break the occasional front upper or lower arm.
Replace the front hubs if u want to stop them breaking. Then u will need harder hits to break the arms.
My car doesnt break as Often now but when it does, its usually a front arm as thats the only sacrificial piece in my front end now...
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

i do got a question for someone. my diffs lock ,when i tighten the screws, one truck has homemade gaskets. so i'm thinking that's the reason. anyone got any ideas?
Hi mate,
I assume you mean the actual diff itself when you spin the outdrives with your hands? Or do u mean the diff when inside the gear case? What screws?
If its the actual diff then...
How thick are the gaskets?
It will either be there is too much clearance in the spider gears due to the gasket being too thick or the case needing to be sanded down a touch...
Or it will be that the spider gears are meshing too tight. If this is the case, just double up the gasket so its twice as thick.
I have done alot of diff work and modifications and found that they feel similar when they are too tight or too loose.
It should be a pretty easy fix either way.
If its not either of these you will need to give me more information for me to understand what exactly its doing.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSSIEMIKE
Hi mate,
I assume you mean the actual diff itself when you spin the outdrives with your hands? Or do u mean the diff when inside the gear case? What screws?
If its the actual diff then...
How thick are the gaskets?
It will either be there is too much clearance in the spider gears due to the gasket being too thick or the case needing to be sanded down a touch...
Or it will be that the spider gears are meshing too tight. If this is the case, just double up the gasket so its twice as thick.
I have done alot of diff work and modifications and found that they feel similar when they are too tight or too loose.
It should be a pretty easy fix either way.
If its not either of these you will need to give me more information for me to understand what exactly its doing.
Also check to make sure that the axle that the spider gear rotate on are both in thier natches that are located in the middle.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

sorry i wasnt clear on my previos posting.

ok, i'll try to explain a bit better. i change the fluid from 10k to 2k.

if i hold the diff itself on my hand(no gearbox). i can turn it easily, how ever once i tighten the screws on the crown gear(21001) then it starts to bind. i cant turn it by hand anymore. with wheels on it is still hard to turn.
the other hyper tt i have, is smooth. it turns with no effort at all.

i just run it in the back yard so its no big deal, how ever i wanna learn about diffs.

i will check the differential case(21004) to see if it needs some sanding.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Tech Initiate

i still dont get my aluminum front knuckles. i been runnin on a broken one, got tired today of it coming loose, so i drilled a hole through and put a zip tie around it. added some shoe goo to it,, looks promising but i still need to see what it will do tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I got this truck off e-bay and love it. I wanted something in the stadium truck/truggy look, and to be 1/10 for cost of parts. I Actually got this more for driving around the parks, and my outdoor fun, as I have my SC10 for the tracks/indoor.

I never realized how awesome 4 wheel drive at the track is lol, so now i'm conflicted what I want to run. The ability to put power down with 4 wheel drive in a short period of time, and control it in the air is awesome on the super technical tight track I run.

Anywho, as of now I have some RPM wide crawler wheels on it, with masher 2000 tires. It's a mini monster truggy. A stampede 4x4 / slash 4x4 MT conversion would have got me more ground clearance, but I dislike traxxas.

The truck came with carbon fiber servo brace, center top plate, and front/rear shock towers. Castle SCT 3800 4pole, STRC front top plate, front/rear brace, center bulkhead, and rear hub carriers. I fit my t4.1 bulldog body on it, so i'll have to post pics soon. I'm running 14T on 2s, and lovin it. The whole 1/8th scale vehical layout/setup in a 1/10 package is so cool to me.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Initiate

a couple pics

Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Old 06-29-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Holy tires BatMan!
I liked my 10TT i went to 1/8th scale this week. these trucks were lots of fun. TBR bumpers help a lot in the front and rear.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone have Tenshock 411 motor in their 10TT? Would like to know how's the power and handling like? Currently i'm using CC 3800 4 pole with Xerun 120A
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Initiate

the cc 3800kv 4 pole motor, is enough. you can run 3s and no issues.
i used that motor on a rustler, and i had it geared at 21/87.
never got hot.

are you looking for even more power than that.

right now i'm running 13/42.
while 2s is very easy to drive. 3s makes it a lot faster, i had to tune down my transmitter(tx) from 150 to 100.

but then i messed with the expo and set it at -30% and now its very quick, not crazy and batteries last longer.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

While waitng for my pinions to arrive, my brother-in-law wants to trade motors. Both are Tacon 3660 motors. His is 4000kv and mine is 3500kv. Will this make much differnc? I have ordered a set of 15,16, and 17 tooth pinions...will those still work?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

how fast are you looking to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.