Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumbcomputers
One step ahead of you
Nice. How are you doing it? Boiling, taking off heat and then adding? Or, boiling and keeping it on heat while they're in there?
Also, for how long?

Thanks!

Last edited by RatsacK; 07-17-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RatsacK
Nice. How are you doing it? Boiling, taking off heat and then adding? Or, boiling and keeping it on heat while they're in there?
Also, for how long?

Thanks!
The Mini Truggy had almost 22 racers two saturdays ago.

I dont think its dying , atleast i hope not. My nephew and friend just picked 1 up.

hope to see u all next saturday at SDRC.
thx James.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm really enjoying the truggy. I wish it was a bit more durable out of the box but I'll boil some parts and take my chances
Old 07-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi all. Just picked up a hyper TT last week and tested it out for the first time today. Did the nitrohouse setup except for the diff fluid because I didnt have time and I wanted to test it out . Anyways truck runs great but towards the end of my first pack it started to nose dive on me. Almost as if the drag brake was on. I plugged the esc in and no drag brake. Anything else I should look into? Diffs? Seems like the wheels have roll fine when I spin them freely.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RatsacK
Also, for how long?

Thanks!

I'm far from the expert on this one being the first time I've done it. Doesn't even know if it even helps or just Snake Oil.

But for what it's worth, I boiled them on medium low for 20mins. Time will tell if it helped or not.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

any one got any ideas on the shocks that suck on the tt?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholos914
any one got any ideas on the shocks that suck on the tt?
Never had a problem with the shocks. Why do you think they suck?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

its the bladders in them me and few other people that i know have them all have the same problem the bladders seem to smash up in the shock
Old 07-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default help with hyper 10tt

Can someone confirm (or not) that the Ofna part number ofn21318 17mm hub adapters are a direct fit on the Hyper 10tt

website says for the hyper 10 series of trucks just want to make sure they would fit

thanks for your time
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bogiejoe1
Can someone confirm (or not) that the Ofna part number ofn21318 17mm hub adapters are a direct fit on the Hyper 10tt

website says for the hyper 10 series of trucks just want to make sure they would fit

thanks for your time
I can't answer that question but I can offer some advice. Save yourself some money and bypass on getting the 17mm hub adapters and just put on some Traxxas Slash 4X4 rear wheels and tires of your choice. They fit perfectly and provide a little improvement on the handling IMHO. Good Luck!!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rbcts
Hi all. Just picked up a hyper TT last week and tested it out for the first time today. Did the nitrohouse setup except for the diff fluid because I didnt have time and I wanted to test it out . Anyways truck runs great but towards the end of my first pack it started to nose dive on me. Almost as if the drag brake was on. I plugged the esc in and no drag brake. Anything else I should look into? Diffs? Seems like the wheels have roll fine when I spin them freely.
See if you can push the battery back some, that helped me. Good Luck!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by toast1125
I absolutely think this truck is a blast. Have only had it for the better part of 2 weeks and one race so far. Seems fairly durable and handles great. Got a new Tekin SC4x coming in for it. Going to have to run it with a MMP too, as that's what I already have. I really hope this doesn't die out at SDRC, either way, count me in for Saturday.
If you are going to go with the MMPro, hopefully you don't have a Spektrum receiver. I have heard of some issues (it also happened to me) with the internal BEC going out. It's an easy fix though, just get the Castle External BEC and you'll be fine. The MMPro is a solid ESC, it's just the internal BEC that sometimes fails. The TT is a blast and once you get it how you want it, you won't want to put it down.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

This worries me seeing as i am setting my truck up currently with a mmpro, 4pole 3800, speky receiver, and havnt picke me servo yet. Is it going out becausepeople are running too much voltage or what? High draw servo and not upping the bec alittle could be cause aswell. Hmmmm makes me worry about my setup.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ride1226
This worries me seeing as i am setting my truck up currently with a mmpro, 4pole 3800, speky receiver, and havnt picke me servo yet. Is it going out becausepeople are running too much voltage or what? High draw servo and not upping the bec alittle could be cause aswell. Hmmmm makes me worry about my setup.
It you pick a servo that is voltage hungry then you will have issues. Most of the guys that I know are running their MMPro with an External Castle BEC.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here RPM's response to my inquiry about RPM A-Arms for the Hyper 10TT/10SC:

Dear xxxxxxx,
Unfortunately there aren't any plans for parts for the OFNA Hyper line at the moment, but that can change at any time. Please continue to be patient with us and with a little luck, hopefully we'll have something available for you in the not too distant future.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail.

It's a long shot but if you have 2-3mins shoot them an email at [email protected] maybe if we get enough people to do it they might change their mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.