Wiki Posts
Search

TITC 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bros,

Any1 that's there already care to share some setup??

i b arriving only on tuesday.. doubt i b able to get much track time..

and any advice as it's my first time going for titc..
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Redko
Bros,

Any1 that's there already care to share some setup??

i b arriving only on tuesday.. doubt i b able to get much track time..

and any advice as it's my first time going for titc..
check ask jilles tread. there he share his setup during the futaba cup which was held at this upcoming titc.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RL.2002
check ask jilles tread. there he share his setup during the futaba cup which was held at this upcoming titc.
I can jot down a setup thats working for me if you like... Jilles and the rest of the TRF crew are running quite different to the Futaba cup setup now... the track has quite bonkers traction. Never been somewhere were your traction rolling on asphalt, with 36 grade tyres.. nuts!

It's proper busy though, during the free practise it's set up by groups round the hour... generally always at least 15 cars on the track at once. It's caused me some radio issues today... the result of which... well, I'm doing a postcard from TITC here

Ed
Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I can jot down a setup thats working for me if you like... Jilles and the rest of the TRF crew are running quite different to the Futaba cup setup now... the track has quite bonkers traction. Never been somewhere were your traction rolling on asphalt, with 36 grade tyres.. nuts!

It's proper busy though, during the free practise it's set up by groups round the hour... generally always at least 15 cars on the track at once. It's caused me some radio issues today... the result of which... well, I'm doing a postcard from TITC here

Ed
hey man, read your updates. Looks like its going to be a challenge keeping the cars flat since traction rolling is a problem and will probably get worse as the days pass. How are the pit areas? I'm trying to imagine how it will hold 600 people! and, um, the toilets?

Also, what radio are you using?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mikeygar
hey man, read your updates. Looks like its going to be a challenge keeping the cars flat since traction rolling is a problem and will probably get worse as the days pass. How are the pit areas? I'm trying to imagine how it will hold 600 people! and, um, the toilets?

Also, what radio are you using?
They've covered over the drift track for the pitting... I think they should (just) be able to get everyone in, will find out tomorrow!

Toilets are fine Even got all the local takeaway joints setup for food too, walk to the table, place your order, half hour later, dude on bike turns up with the food!

As for my radio, it's KO Esprit3 with a spektrum module... but it does seem like I'm not the only one having issues, number of other guys are having glitches, but I honestly think its down to the shear number of people running on track, or even waiting with their radios on. At one point today I looked up to the rostrum, and it was three rows deep with people wanting to drive... I ran again late on this evening, and it was all fine again, hey ho!

Roll on tomorrow, should be able to get a bit of an indication of whose fast or not

Ed
Old 02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hello Ed,

Really enjoyed your post card from the TITC, good stuff and Thanks!!!

Steve

They've covered over the drift track for the pitting... I think they should (just) be able to get everyone in, will find out tomorrow!

Toilets are fine Even got all the local takeaway joints setup for food too, walk to the table, place your order, half hour later, dude on bike turns up with the food!

As for my radio, it's KO Esprit3 with a spektrum module... but it does seem like I'm not the only one having issues, number of other guys are having glitches, but I honestly think its down to the shear number of people running on track, or even waiting with their radios on. At one point today I looked up to the rostrum, and it was three rows deep with people wanting to drive... I ran again late on this evening, and it was all fine again, hey ho!

Roll on tomorrow, should be able to get a bit of an indication of whose fast or not

Ed
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Loving the posts and the blog Ed

Ed has done a killer job on those shells

Brings back fond memories of the Doris trip to the 12th Worlds at RCS. Mad taxi rides. Mopeds delivering fast food orders. Finding inventive ways to keep cool. Happy days!

Keep up the good work fella

Cheers,
Mark
Old 02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess
Loving the posts and the blog Ed

Ed has done a killer job on those shells

Brings back fond memories of the Doris trip to the 12th Worlds at RCS. Mad taxi rides. Mopeds delivering fast food orders. Finding inventive ways to keep cool. Happy days!

Keep up the good work fella

Cheers,
Mark
Ypur the insperation on this one Mark, always enjoyed reading the IIC and Snowbirds postcards, so thought I'd try something similar...

And yeah, Rich has done a killer job on the shells

Keeping cool... I'm just manning up and drinking a shed load of fluid.. although the water soaked neck towel is becoming appealing

Ed
Old 02-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Regular

Ed,

Told you spectrum sux.. lol. Kidding.. Radio issue at these big meets are always a factor so be careful..

How hot is the weather & how cool is the event mate? Btw, where ure sitting? I'll ask my homies to disturb u..
Old 02-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Your the insperation on this one Mark, always enjoyed reading the IIC and Snowbirds postcards, so thought I'd try something similar...

Keeping cool... I'm just manning up and drinking a shed load of fluid.. although the water soaked neck towel is becoming appealing
Mmmmm - Jonny Bowden introduced Gary D and I to the ice cold towels. Worked really well on the back of the neck immediately after racing (hot) and marshalling in the sun (really hot).

I'll tell Rich about his new nickname next time I see him then

It's been a long while since I raced FF in the Eurocup. Or a mini for that matter. It's all about the corner speed
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Is there a place we can go to see it live. Either timimg or video
Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

they've uploaded the timing on the website.

http://titc.in.th
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Ed
Thks Ed for the advice.. Yeap I arrive with jilles setup on my car aft trying n changed some minor area and it feels great just that the driver is not good enuff with tis being my 1st international race I was shivering like crazy...

By the way you got nice shell !!!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hara car & body
Marc M11X
Attached Thumbnails TITC 2011-hara-titc-2011-body.jpg   TITC 2011-hara-titc2011.jpg   TITC 2011-trf.jpg   TITC 2011-.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any pics of the new Sakura?

Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.