Wiki Posts
Search

RCAmerica/Xray,Hudy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eigthracer
When I enquired with Xray about the lack of O Rings (possibly missing from the kit) , I was informed that the instruction manual is incorrect and that the default shock build is genuinely with 1 "O" ring per shock , to build it the other way is an option which means purchasing extra O rings.
WOW?...lol..thought so, thanks for clearing that up..any news from the x ray amp on what there going to do about clutch, i saw Capricorn made a whole new system, is there a bug to be worked out here guys? also after the recommended break in from x-rays sight, are you lowering the gap to .5? thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
WOW?...lol..thought so, thanks for clearing that up..any news from the x ray amp on what there going to do about clutch, i saw Capricorn made a whole new system, is there a bug to be worked out here guys? also after the recommended break in from x-rays sight, are you lowering the gap to .5? thanks
Mike ran the clutch this past weekend end with no problems. Yellow pad and the Xray Hard (black) clutch spring. He did the break steps we talked about early in the thread. I will find out the rest of the setting from him.

We will be at the Bryon's race and that is one thing we will be testing.

I would go .5 to .4.

Thanks Drew
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Hey Donnie,

I am going to try, its always a good time. I know that Eric "EA" Anderson will be there.

Thanks Drew
Looks like i will be extending OUR vacation in florida to include the Byrons Race.........Now if she will just pay for my fees,/tires /fuel nice back rub after a day at the Track wouldn' hurt a fella!!....

See ya Soon......
Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Drew; catch your breath after rroc? Q&A time buddy!

FINALLY got my new NT1 WC edition on the parking lot. I'd like to report that it took TQ and the checkers on the maiden voyage. The car was good, but I know it can be better. This is a temp track situation in a Home Depot parking lot that is seldom used, pretty smooth, some drainage cut. They spray Mt Dew for traction which is a far cry from VHT or the like. I ran 5 & 5.5mm r/h and do not see any chassis/asphalt touching evidence.

I have to come up with some more steering off power and more accelerational rear side grip from the RB Winternats set up. I went with the 25lb rear spring stood up rather then laid down.... it seemed to stick the rear better without getting as squirmy laid down. I changed the rr lower roll inserts to full up, changed the upper rr link to short-low on the tower-3mm spacer at the upright. All that seemed to go the direction I needed. I didn't change the shocks at all.

The car did want to over steer power on. I moved caster fwd just 1mm, lowered the droop numbers 1mm and tweaked on the front bar just a little. Again, I made only minor improvements.

All I could get in was the 35.5lb front spring so I ran it low on the fr tower. After thinking about it for a bit, I could have ran the rear 30lb in front to get a softer feel and possibly more off power steering..... do people do that? Run rear length springs up front?

Now I know that I lacked proper acceleration traction, but the pivot weight clutch kinda bugged me. It felt kind of "mopedish". Once I get the grip figured out, does the clutch feel a little more "grunt like" out of the hole with fly-weights instead of pivot?

Pretty impressive car right out of the wrapper.

Brian
Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Drew; catch your breath after rroc? Q&A time buddy!

FINALLY got my new NT1 WC edition on the parking lot. I'd like to report that it took TQ and the checkers on the maiden voyage. The car was good, but I know it can be better. This is a temp track situation in a Home Depot parking lot that is seldom used, pretty smooth, some drainage cut. They spray Mt Dew for traction which is a far cry from VHT or the like. I ran 5 & 5.5mm r/h and do not see any chassis/asphalt touching evidence.

I have to come up with some more steering off power and more accelerational rear side grip from the RB Winternats set up. I went with the 25lb rear spring stood up rather then laid down.... it seemed to stick the rear better without getting as squirmy laid down. I changed the rr lower roll inserts to full up, changed the upper rr link to short-low on the tower-3mm spacer at the upright. All that seemed to go the direction I needed. I didn't change the shocks at all.

The car did want to over steer power on. I moved caster fwd just 1mm, lowered the droop numbers 1mm and tweaked on the front bar just a little. Again, I made only minor improvements.

All I could get in was the 35.5lb front spring so I ran it low on the fr tower. After thinking about it for a bit, I could have ran the rear 30lb in front to get a softer feel and possibly more off power steering..... do people do that? Run rear length springs up front?

Now I know that I lacked proper acceleration traction, but the pivot weight clutch kinda bugged me. It felt kind of "mopedish". Once I get the grip figured out, does the clutch feel a little more "grunt like" out of the hole with fly-weights instead of pivot?

Pretty impressive car right out of the wrapper.

Brian
Did you place the weight in the opposite direction or the standard direction??

Did you use a setscrew??

Placing the weights in the opposite direction and using the setscrew is what I have found to give the best punch out of corners.

But before achieving a killer clutch setup, you mentioned that your car oversteered on corner exit which may be augmented when your clutch is spot-on, so you might want to watch out for this...
Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

hey if any nt1 or rx8 guys want to swap my new red clutch shoe for a new yellow, we can swap pm me..
Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Did you place the weight in the opposite direction or the standard direction??

Did you use a setscrew??

Placing the weights in the opposite direction and using the setscrew is what I have found to give the best punch out of corners.

But before achieving a killer clutch setup, you mentioned that your car oversteered on corner exit which may be augmented when your clutch is spot-on, so you might want to watch out for this...
No set screw, but that is a great idea that slipped my mind. I am going to the same track tomorrow armed with some new set ups. If the chassis gets bolted down some, I will tune the clutch a little more. Suppose to be an 80 degree day with no clouds in sight. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys i just got picked up from xray for onroad.. im looking to put some bling to my nt1 willany of the t3 orange parts fit.. like shocks parts ect? also im getting ready top put the kit together any tips on the build?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blue Screw
hey guys i just got picked up from xray for onroad.. im looking to put some bling to my nt1 willany of the t3 orange parts fit.. like shocks parts ect? also im getting ready top put the kit together any tips on the build?
I believe only shock parts will fit...

There are a few T3 parts which have a "short" version. I would stay away from this since I believe it limits the suspension travel for the NT1.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Drew, are you mounting throttle servo as in manual, or as on box cover picture? thanks
Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Drew, are you mounting throttle servo as in manual, or as on box cover picture? thanks
As the manual has it mounted.

Thanks Drew
Old 06-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
As the manual has it mounted.

Thanks Drew
Hi Drew, just wondering if you got my last email mate, hope to hear back from you.

Alex
Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
Hi Drew, just wondering if you got my last email mate, hope to hear back from you.

Alex
Alex,

I did, been super busy. Will email you a little today.

Thanks Drew
Old 06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

SOUNDS GOOD, ANY SETUPS POSTED ANYWHERE? and is xray working out a new clutch system, or is the yellow doing the job? i read somewhere the kyosho grey fits right in, is that a fact?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

SOUNDS GOOD, ANY SETUPS POSTED ANYWHERE? and is xray working out a new clutch system, or is the yellow doing the job? i read somewhere the kyosho grey fits right in, is that a fact?
Ralph's setup is online. It seems the yellow pad is working well and some guys like the red pad. Not sure on the Kyosho pad fitting.

Thanks Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.