Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Titan and Blitz bodies

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well with getting ready with the 8th scale now, i wish all the best of luck to you and DJ for preperations for the Worlds, the 966 is a very nice platform, best of luck Toso and DJ
Thanks Pattojnr
Old 09-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Old 09-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Did some testing with the Blitz ISF, RS4, and the Chevy this week end. Low to medium traction track similar to Fort Myers. No setup changes between bodies. DLS, no rear sway bar.

RS4= Very stable and balanced, good steering. Reminded me of a stratus but with a lot more steering. Stuck!!! Good straight line speed.

ISF= Less stable but very quick into the corners. More steering than RS4,excellent high speed steering. Less down force, straight line speed is ballistic! "Possibly my new favorite"

Chevy= Stable, balanced, lots of down force front and rear. Corner speed is excellent but I felt I lost some straight line speed. Felt lazy. This body will glue your car to the track.

I later made chassis adjustments with the Chevy, stiffer springs front and rear. No longer lazy(thanks D-Man).
Thanks for taking the time for the heads.up
Old 09-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Tosolini
Thanks Pattojnr
Good luck to the hole team
Old 10-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Racers,

Well this weekend I tested some bodies again. Blitz knows the need for a body that competes with the Chevy at a better price. They sent me a Sab to test, based on some recommendations from the drivers they have. I tested at the Fort Myers track and think they have found what they need. I tried the Chevy, ISF and new Sab, since those bodies seem to give the fastest laps time for me. First I ran the ISF. Very stable, lacked apex steering and was consistent. Then I tried the Sab, went 3 tenths faster and was very easy to drive. My laps stayed within 2 tenths every lap. Than I ran the Chevy. Was able to go 1 tenth faster on 1 lap, but the time vary much more, about 4 tenths. Knowing I have access to all the bodies I want drivers to know I can use what ever body I want. I will say for the racers out there that you should at least try the Sab if you are looking for a equal or better body than the Chevy at a better cost. At the moment the Sab has not been legalized, but I will find out how long it will be. If you have any questions just ask.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Bodiez

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hi Racers,

Well this weekend I tested some bodies again. Blitz knows the need for a body that competes with the Chevy at a better price. They sent me a Sab to test, based on some recommendations from the drivers they have. I tested at the Fort Myers track and think they have found what they need. I tried the Chevy, ISF and new Sab, since those bodies seem to give the fastest laps time for me. First I ran the ISF. Very stable, lacked apex steering and was consistent. Then I tried the Sab, went 3 tenths faster and was very easy to drive. My laps stayed within 2 tenths every lap. Than I ran the Chevy. Was able to go 1 tenth faster on 1 lap, but the time vary much more, about 4 tenths. Knowing I have access to all the bodies I want drivers to know I can use what ever body I want. I will say for the racers out there that you should at least try the Sab if you are looking for a equal or better body than the Chevy at a better cost. At the moment the Sab has not been legalized, but I will find out how long it will be. If you have any questions just ask.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ what can you report on these bodies, whats the latest, have you tried the new Titan cruiser, how does it compare.??

Alex.K
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
Hey DJ what can you report on these bodies, whats the latest, have you tried the new Titan cruiser, how does it compare.??

Alex.K
Alex, tried the Cruze I think is better then ISF still need to try ISFv2
Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Alex.K
For me the Cruze is the best Blitz sedan body out now. It gives good steering, but is very stable. The SRC versus the Blitz body is a personal feel. I ran both back to back and feel the SCR has a little more initial turn in, but than gets less stability. The Cruze from Blitz has a better balance and with the Capricorn I am able to get the steering I like, so I enjoy the Blitz better. If you have a car that pushes really bad going in than you might feel different. Just have to try and see. For now I prefer the Cruze. Until the next best thing comes out, hehehe

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Bodiezz

For me the Cruze is the best Blitz sedan body out now. It gives good steering, but is very stable. The SRC versus the Blitz body is a personal feel. I ran both back to back and feel the SCR has a little more initial turn in, but than gets less stability. The Cruze from Blitz has a better balance and with the Capricorn I am able to get the steering I like, so I enjoy the Blitz better. If you have a car that pushes really bad going in than you might feel different. Just have to try and see. For now I prefer the Cruze. Until the next best thing comes out, hehehe

DJ Apolaro
"Hey DJ" boomboom, I love it.

Are you able to share some more details regarding the characteristics between the Blitz Cruiser, the S93 say compared to the protoform p56 n. What would one expect back to back.
Other than what is written on the Titan web site have you recieved any more feedback from Designers/testers.

Tommy I will be using/testing the Cruiser and s93 probably at the Serpent tour if im allowed to attend. Hope you will be racing nitro.

Regards
Alex.K
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

"Hey DJ" boomboom, I love it.

Are you able to share some more details regarding the characteristics between the Blitz Cruiser, the S93 say compared to the protoform p56 n. What would one expect back to back.
Other than what is written on the Titan web site have you recieved any more feedback from Designers/testers.

Tommy I will be using/testing the Cruiser and s93 probably at the Serpent tour if im allowed to attend. Hope you will be racing nitro.

Regards
Alex.K
I actually have not tried any of the Protoform sedan bodies. As for the S93, I have not run the latest body. I think they will send some to me soon, but I will most likely wait till after the Worlds in April to mess with it.

DJ
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

When can we buy the sab body?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

You can check with De Soto Racing.

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Ballroom Blitz

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
When can we buy the sab body?
It has reached the downunder so I imagine that the rest of the world has had it for some time now. The row boats take long time to reach our shores.

You can check with De Soto Racing.

DJ Apolaro
Ill Be playing with these two bodies this year but with two bubs under the age of 3 ill be doing more nappy changes than tyre changes for quite some time if you know what I mean.

All the best at the worlds. well be rooting for you, mabe I wont tell you what that means in Australian.
Regards
Alex.K
Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

are these bodies sold in the us anywere?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snopro31
are these bodies sold in the us anywere?
Try Serpentamerica.com