Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Ralf Burch Joins Kyosho! >

Ralf Burch Joins Kyosho!

Ralf Burch Joins Kyosho!

Old 07-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Whatever he decides on, im sure it'll benefit the company he's representing and the r/c industry. Ralph is definately a valuable asset to any company he races for. Goodluck Ralph.

Old 07-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default burch

yup! he's one of the best!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: burch

Originally posted by ianhobbies
yup! he's one of the best!
i definitely agree!! he is an asset to an company that he will race for... good luck ralph!!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Let's quelch this rumor, which is what it is. Ralph has not joined Kyosho. Someone at a race saw that he was running an Evolva and boom, he now drives for Kyosho. The only thing that is for sure is that he no longer is a sponsored racer for Serpent but still holds his sponsorship with Xray/Hudy. He is doing his own thing at this time and you will see more of what he is doing on the nitro scene as far as that is concerned in the near future.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

This was already clarified earlier in the thread.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I don't know about the Japanese Nats but that's not what I heard about the one in the pre-worlds. You might be right.

Where can I get details on the exact car used for the pre-worlds?

In any case I usually read quietly in this forum. Its just that I strongly disagree with the broad statement that Originally posted by 840918001-
Well it's a good choice of Ralf to join Kyosho. They make cars that do not need tons of aftermarket parts and hop-up's to be competitive.

I think any make (Kyosho, Serpent etc) will be improved somewhat by the respective drivers for a major event such as the Worlds. If its just to stay competitive on a club or national level most cars (Serpent, Kyosho, HPI etc) are already very competitive.

I'm into promoting this hobby and I think broad statements like that turns away beginners or those wanting to join the hobby. That's all ...

B, you and I also both know that whether a car wins or lose a Worlds is not solely dependent on the car or brand.
Our pit table at the 2003 1/8 Worlds in Ohio was right next to Ralph and Serpent team, I was running the MRX3 at the time, and my friend was running the 950. Obviously my friend would ask for help or tips from the team. Art Carbonel talked to and helped him a lot which made the car run a lot better. The advice given which improved the handling of the car a lot was to modify a part of the car which club racers could not have thought of, or even other team drivers for that matter.
My point is that NO ONE really knows what is being done by the team drivers to their particular cars. Almost every team driver will tell you that they are running "stock". There are even team drivers keeping secrets from one another . IT'S RACING
Old 07-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BoCal
Our pit table at the 2003 1/8 Worlds in Ohio was right next to Ralph and Serpent team, I was running the MRX3 at the time, and my friend was running the 950. Obviously my friend would ask for help or tips from the team. Art Carbonel talked to and helped him a lot which made the car run a lot better. The advice given which improved the handling of the car a lot was to modify a part of the car which club racers could not have thought of, or even other team drivers for that matter.
My point is that NO ONE really knows what is being done by the team drivers to their particular cars. Almost every team driver will tell you that they are running "stock". There are even team drivers keeping secrets from one another . IT'S RACING
I'd be interested what part that might be.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BoCal
There are even team drivers keeping secrets from one another . IT'S RACING
Hmm, very strange - I and others have received a lot of information from team drivers (no names being mentioned ) at serpent - at times even some stuff that they are just testing that hasn't even been anounced.