your best bet right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I get 14 minutes on a tank and more HP than the P5 and the B5

ROCK ON
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
As with most low dollar engines , they are a crapshoot , maybe a good one , maybe not .
Very true, I got my self a B5 and could not keep it running for more than 5 minutes, don't get me wrong...it runs great and very smooth for those 5 minutes but after that it just flames and flames and flames with less than a gallon it's my new paper weight. Go with the Novarossi.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arm2storm
Very true, I got my self a B5 and could not keep it running for more than 5 minutes, don't get me wrong...it runs great and very smooth for those 5 minutes but after that it just flames and flames and flames with less than a gallon it's my new paper weight. Go with the Novarossi.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our engines. With several thousand B5's having been sold this year you are one of the few that I know of that was not happy with our motor. As the owner of the company as well as a person that always tries to make them self available to support our customers I would ask if you have contacted us to discuss the issues that you are experiencing with your engine? If not just based on your comments on the engine running great and being very smooth for 5 minutes and then flaming out I would hazard to guess that you are simply running your engine too lean. What you described are the traditional symptoms once it comes up to operating temperature (that you will see on any brand of engine) of simply not having the carburetor tuned properly. In any case I do not want to hijack this thread but if you would like some help to resolve your issues please feel free to PM me or post on the B5 thread.

Regards,

Ron
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Werks
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our engines. With several thousand B5's having been sold this year you are one of the few that I know of that was not happy with our motor. As the owner of the company as well as a person that always tries to make them self available to support our customers I would ask if you have contacted us to discuss the issues that you are experiencing with your engine? If not just based on your comments on the engine running great and being very smooth for 5 minutes and then flaming out I would hazard to guess that you are simply running your engine too lean. What you described are the traditional symptoms once it comes up to operating temperature (that you will see on any brand of engine) of simply not having the carburetor tuned properly. In any case I do not want to hijack this thread but if you would like some help to resolve your issues please feel free to PM me or post on the B5 thread.

Regards,

Ron
How Ron said, I don't want to hijack this thread but......I did post on the B5 thread and mentioned that the needles had no effect on the engine whether I ran it lean or rich the flaming would persist and the temps would be a bit high.

And all I got was "following my tunning method"

Don't take this as bashing but as a consumers report.

I'm no guru but I've been tunning engines for a while now and it's hard to tune a motor that will not stay running. If I'm one of the few that is not happy....it should be cheap to take care of my problem.

Alex
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Not saying you don't know how to tune, I'm sure you have been doing this longer than I have, but the Werks engines are different (easier imo) to tune than others. You must have done something wrong for it to do that. Because all of them that I have seen are never like yours was. The support on these engines are the best you could ever want and won't get from any other engine manufacture. Werks and Novarossi are good engines. Its just, do you want to spend the money on the nova, or save money and buy a werks and have the same (if not better) results as the nova.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How Ron said, I don't want to hijack this thread but......I did post on the B5 thread and mentioned that the needles had no effect on the engine whether I ran it lean or rich the flaming would persist and the temps would be a bit high.

And all I got was "following my tunning method"

Don't take this as bashing but as a consumers report.

I'm no guru but I've been tunning engines for a while now.
You will not find this kind of customer support from any other engine manufacturer in this entire industry. I have owned, tuned and destroyed just abot every type of engine. Ron's support, coupled with an Italian milled engine for $200, is a no brainier!

When was the last time a Representative (not an aftermarket tuner) from Novarossi jumped on this forum and gave advice, support and stood by their product regardless of the reason for it not performing?

Novarossi has a very good reputation, but in this day and age, customer support, feedback and going above and beyond, is key. Werks racing, Ron and their products are the epitome of this.

And no, I am not affiliated in any way with Werks. I am just a believer on products and companies that work and put the customer first.

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As far as Ron goes, He's the man. I had a problem with my first B5, and it could have very well been my fault and he did all he could to help me out. I'm now on my 3rd werks engine, and really can't see myself buying anything else besides werks for a long time.
Even if the werks motors were a little subpar in performance(which they are not) I would still come back just for the piece of mind, that if I need help it's there.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hookem34
You will not find this kind of customer support from any other engine manufacturer in this entire industry. I have owned, tuned and destroyed just abot every type of engine. Ron's support, coupled with an Italian milled engine for $200, is a no brainier!

When was the last time a Representative (not an aftermarket tuner) from Novarossi jumped on this forum and gave advice, support and stood by their product regardless of the reason for it not performing?

Novarossi has a very good reputation, but in this day and age, customer support, feedback and going above and beyond, is key. Werks racing, Ron and their products are the epitome of this.

And no, I am not affiliated in any way with Werks. I am just a believer on products and companies that work and put the customer first.

Thanks!
What is cutomer support? Let me tell you a quick story.... at my home track there was a Racer an older experienced man very loyal to RB products..one day he buys a new RBWS7II and breaks it in but has a hard time tunning it...after hours and days of trying to figure out the problem he finally figures it out....it had a tiny, tiny, hole through the crank case about the size of a hair, enough to see light through it...at that point he contacts RB and explains to them the problem and RB replies and says we are very sorry but our engines are very high quality and find it very hard to believe that our engine would have such a defect and that was the end of that.

So whats the moral of the story? THE MANUFATURE IS NEVER WRONG!!

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Not saying you don't know how to tune, I'm sure you have been doing this longer than I have, but the Werks engines are different (easier imo) to tune than others. You must have done something wrong for it to do that. Because all of them that I have seen are never like yours was. The support on these engines are the best you could ever want and won't get from any other engine manufacture. Werks and Novarossi are good engines. Its just, do you want to spend the money on the nova, or save money and buy a werks and have the same (if not better) results as the nova.
What is cutomer support? Let me tell you a quick story.... at my home track there was a Racer an older experienced man very loyal to RB products..one day he buys a new RBWS7II and breaks it in but has a hard time tunning it...after hours and days of trying to figure out the problem he finally figures it out....it had a tiny, tiny, hole through the crank case about the size of a hair, enough to see light through it...at that point he contacts RB and explains to them the problem and RB replies and says we are very sorry but our engines are very high quality and find it very hard to believe that our engine would have such a defect and that was the end of that.

So whats the moral of the story? THE MANUFATURE IS NEVER WRONG!!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sounds like a possible mechanical issue... The B5 is not a hard motor to tune at all...The only way I could see your issues is if there was something mechanically wrong causing it....As a rule the Werk's are very consistent in their manufacturing, but its not impossible for something to be wrong right off the bat with a isolated engine.....Who knows....but what your describing doesn't really sound like how the B5 normally acts.....
Old 09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
Sounds like a possible mechanical issue... The B5 is not a hard motor to tune at all...The only way I could see your issues is if there was something mechanically wrong causing it....As a rule the Werk's are very consistent in their manufacturing, but its not impossible for something to be wrong right off the bat with a isolated engine.....Who knows....but what your describing doesn't really sound like how the B5 normally acts.....
I'm sure it's just an air leak these engine in general are black and white.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I'm sure it's just an air leak these engine in general are black and white.

Your not the only one believe me i remember quad racer shutting off in the main a couple times when i raced in ohio. he was standing next to me on the stand.

I had ghost flames going on with mine. Live and ya learn. It works for some people.

A friend of mine got a speed and the case cracked first time on the track and they said we'll sell you another for 300. That's just the way it is though with engines.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Your not the only one believe me i remember quad racer shutting off in the main a couple times when i raced in ohio. he was standing next to me on the stand.

I had ghost flames going on with mine. Live and ya learn. It works for some people.

A friend of mine got a speed and the case cracked first time on the track and they said we'll sell you another for 300. That's just the way it is though with engines.
Most balanced post regarding Werks engines I've seen from you Which, BTW, is significantly more effective at getting your message across.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

It's really tough to just hand out free engines or parts when it's so easy to mess one up, however, the main thing that I personally like is to be treated with respect, and that is more about feeling like the guy on the other end of the phone, or email or whatever, cares about my situation, good or bad....

I don't want to hear excuses or blamed, just tell me yes or no, and be kind to me, that's it.....

The most notable experiences in the hobby as far as customer service for me has been with Steve O'donnell, A-Main, Ace servos, Monty of HES, Peter Martin of TKO, Steve Pond(Kyosho), Dynamite, Xray, and several other guys I've talked to on this forum seem really nice just from discussing racing stuff, like Neil of Clockwork, and Ron of Werks and several others. I really can't write off a product though from one bad experience. I will say that it is, however, very important to remember the little guys, afterall, we spend hard earned money on some relatively expensive equipment, and one wave can travel the whole pond...... Good or bad......

...and that is why it's so important to be respectful of others on this forum. What can be gained from being angry, nothing of value.........what can be gained from being understanding and kind...everything, and nothing, and that's the point.......We all love rc cars, and that's enough, right......
Old 09-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default B5/o'donnell

Hey guys, just reading through the posts and thought i would throw my two cents in. I run an o'donnell Z01b buggy with ss.21 and an o'donnell Z01T truggy with a B5 werks with an answer clutch and OS pipe and it absolutely rips. plenty of bottom end and she screams up top.
I think the werks B5 is possibly ( in my humble opinion) the best engine i have run in my rollers for that price range.
Have fun.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

It shut off in the main because I was an idiot and got carried away with leaning the LSN to try to get more and more runtime. The engine isn't bad I just leaned it way too much. Thats why it shut off in the main.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.