Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc skyline
The company that has built well proven race cars for many years perhaps
²
Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

1 is made in Japan(more than 18 years),1 made in Taiwan(just started last year i think).

Both car has their strong and weak point,need to bulletproof it.
My choice is Mugen due to the quality of the parts and easy to drive fast.

Last edited by James khoo; 09-13-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the agama accelerates harder and jumps further then any other car i have driven, also holds up well there are a few at the local club i race at that have had them since they came out and the wear on the driveline is on par with the mugen
Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Talking AGAMA OVER MUGEN

and i'll tell ya why, i just got rid of my mbx 6 ,and i loved the car but i was looking for some thing new that had the same quality and perfomance as the x6 or better, i quickly found the agama a8 is on a par with the mugen. and in my opinion goes one step further in perfomance. i had one of the first mugen mbx 6's in 2008 so there were no race specs .we had to figure out what set up worked best for the driver and i found what worked for me, although not spot on ,the agama had a better out of the box set up .all i had to do was change the shock oil on mine and it'a almost there. it is faster then any buggy iv'e seen and i see'em all where i race in CT. more planted then x6 believe it or not. one thing people say alot about the agama is it's stability in corners and rough rutted bumpy tracks .i find my self applying thottle through those sections. so in my opinion agama is what the 6 is and potential to be more
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the mugen breaks to much, i love the agama more then a mugen, and is easier to drive then a mugen
Old 09-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trevor15308
the mugen breaks to much, i love the agama more then a mugen, and is easier to drive then a mugen
If your gonna spend the money, I would go for the NEW one.....
Old 09-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trevor15308
Mugen Breaks. Blaaaaaa. Are you serious. In 7 months I have broken 2 arms on 2 buggy's 1 each. We are still running the original front arms.

By the way the 2 arms that broke were only cracks and we were able to finish the race.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Mugen Breaks. Blaaaaaa. Are you serious. In 7 months I have broken 2 arms on 2 buggy's 1 each. We are still running the original front arms.

By the way the 2 arms that broke were only cracks and we were able to finish the race.
this coming from the guy that somehow managed to break a losi every time he was out just messing with ya dish :P
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well I have broke the front arms on my mugen several times. However I can always account for why (user error). This past Sunday I broke upper and lower arms and I knew it was going to happen before it hit. I'm always pushing the limit of the car during practice. However during a race I have never broken anything. As far as the AGAMA being easier to drive than a mugen. If you need something easier than a Mugen its called a Chauffeur.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vladconnery
Well I have broke the front arms on my mugen several times. However I can always account for why (user error). This past Sunday I broke upper and lower arms and I knew it was going to happen before it hit. I'm always pushing the limit of the car during practice. However during a race I have never broken anything. As far as the AGAMA being easier to drive than a mugen. If you need something easier than a Mugen its called a Chauffeur.
see people say user error alot with the mugens, i understand if you go full throttle into a wall, a pole or even hit a nail sticking up, but just if you land wrong or something(which happens a lot) you shouldnt break. the a arms are the down fall on a mugen, they are a great buggy/truggy, they would be even better if they were more durable. people give losi crap all the time because there a arms are soft, but in 2 years i have never broken an a arm, i would much rather replace the arm every once in a while then have it break during a race.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
see people say user error alot with the mugens, i understand if you go full throttle into a wall, a pole or even hit a nail sticking up, but just if you land wrong or something(which happens a lot) you shouldnt break. the a arms are the down fall on a mugen, they are a great buggy/truggy, they would be even better if they were more durable. people give losi crap all the time because there a arms are soft, but in 2 years i have never broken an a arm, i would much rather replace the arm every once in a while then have it break during a race.
You would be talking to an ex Losi driver whom has nothing bad to say about a Losi. Just likes the Mugen much better and your right the arms (front) are the weak point of the Mugen. The Mugen just fits my driving style better and was the car for me. I was instantly faster with the MBX6 Every buggy has it weak points. I think its a matter of finding the car thats right for you.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vladconnery
You would be talking to an ex Losi driver whom has nothing bad to say about a Losi. Just likes the Mugen much better and your right the arms (front) are the weak point of the Mugen. The Mugen just fits my driving style better and was the car for me. I was instantly faster with the MBX6 Every buggy has it weak points. I think its a matter of finding the car thats right for you.
sorry i wasnt trying single you out in any way, i was just using losi as an example too. I think the mugen fits my driving style as well but i like the idea more of finishing a race after a rough landing then being .5 - 1 full sec faster a lap and not being able to finish. i do agree with you tho, there is no buggy out there that is prefect, there will always be that 1 thing that someone doesnt like
Old 09-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
this coming from the guy that somehow managed to break a losi every time he was out just messing with ya dish :P
LOL. I agree. Its amzing what some practice and throtle control can do so that you dont break. All in all they all break no matter what brand you choose to run.

Some do wear faster than others though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.