Android app for Roll-Out and Final Drive

Android app for Roll-Out and Final Drive

Old 09-13-2010, 01:35 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Jim -

On a Droid running the latest Froyo (FRG22D), all I get on a long press is "Copy All". No "Cut All". Nice that your app remembers the last values.

Edit: Apparently, you need to select the field first, then long press to get the entire menu. For example, if the Internal Ratio box is outlined in red (or is it orange), if you long press on any other box, all you get is "Copy All". If you first select that box so that it is highlighted, a long press gets you the full edit menu. One of the many quirks of Android, I guess.
ok, now it makes sense. I hadn't tried it enough to figure out the sequence there. Maybe I could add in a Long Press on the Minus button to clear the field...or something.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Open the Market.

Press the "Menu" button (believe it is the 4 squares all the way on the left).

Select "Search."

Originally Posted by Barry White
I only have V1.6 on my Xperia 10 mini. The webpage shows just the same as opening it up with my computer
Old 09-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Nice app that seems to work well in my initial perusal. One thing I would like to see is th rollout shown in both standard and metric as well as the tire diameter. That would be very helpful to me. Also if we could setup multiple profiles to remember the different internal ratios for different cars.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

good work.. post the qr code..

now they can just scan it with barcode reader..
Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BNiels707
Open the Market.

Press the "Menu" button (believe it is the 4 squares all the way on the left).

Select "Search."
That's what I did on the Moment - can't find the app
Old 09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyrc
good work.. post the qr code..

now they can just scan it with barcode reader..
Thank You. I had that on my list
Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Nice app that seems to work well in my initial perusal. One thing I would like to see is th rollout shown in both standard and metric as well as the tire diameter. That would be very helpful to me. Also if we could setup multiple profiles to remember the different internal ratios for different cars.
For the Tire Diameter and Roll Out, if you enter Metric numbers, your result will be Metric, if you enter Standard, then the result will be in standard. Is that what you mean ?

Yes, I plan to add some "presets" that you could store your favorite initial settings under. What I do not plan to do is try to have the app know about all the different cars that exist. That would be constantly out-of-date and then if you change anything from stock, like diff gears or pulleys, then it would be wrong.

Initially, the app will remember the settings you have on the screen when you exit each time.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Default Application Update

I just posted another update to the Android Market. I added a quicker way to clear out the data in one of the fields. If you "Long Press" on the "minus" button, the text in that field will be cleared.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is it locked to US market only or something?, cause I can't find it or get anything when scanning the barcode either, it's just not there for me at all.

I have been using the other one, but I like the rollout etc with yours.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nice App, good work..

Would it be possible to keep rubber and foam as independent information..

personally run both 12th and TC and flicking between keep having to change IDR and spurs

Just added you as automatic update - Android is so much better than other products out there
Old 09-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just a small suggestion, but maybe once you have pressed calculate, when you change a value like the pinion maybe the FDR could update without having to hit calculate again?
Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bishop
Is it locked to US market only or something?, cause I can't find it or get anything when scanning the barcode either, it's just not there for me at all.

I have been using the other one, but I like the rollout etc with yours.
No, not locked to any location, as far as I can tell. What version of Android do you have ? You need a min of v1.6 to run it right now. I can probably compile it to run under 1.5, but didn't figure there were any 1.5 devices worth targeting...but I could be wrong.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrp
No, not locked to any location, as far as I can tell. What version of Android do you have ? You need a min of v1.6 to run it right now. I can probably compile it to run under 1.5, but didn't figure there were any 1.5 devices worth targeting...but I could be wrong.
That likely explains why I can't find it then, I have the new Motorola that just came out last month (Quench/CLIQ XT), but it came out with 1.5, and not due for an update to version 2.0 till later this year.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bishop
That likely explains why I can't find it then, I have the new Motorola that just came out last month (Quench/CLIQ XT), but it came out with 1.5, and not due for an update to version 2.0 till later this year.
I will look into recompiling for 1.5 first chance I get.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jrp
For the Tire Diameter and Roll Out, if you enter Metric numbers, your result will be Metric, if you enter Standard, then the result will be in standard. Is that what you mean ?
Not quite...What I'd like to see is 2 fields for measurement for both diameter and roll out. One in metric and one in standard. So that if I put in my gear ratio and tire diameter in metric it will display roll out in both metric and standard. One of the hassles I had racing at the IIC this past week was that when talking to other drivers in 1/12th scale and WGT about half of them were giving me roll out in metric and the other half in standard.

Originally Posted by jrp
Yes, I plan to add some "presets" that you could store your favorite initial settings under. What I do not plan to do is try to have the app know about all the different cars that exist. That would be constantly out-of-date and then if you change anything from stock, like diff gears or pulleys, then it would be wrong.
Cool...presets are what I am looking for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.