Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Shock oil suggestions. >

Shock oil suggestions.

Shock oil suggestions.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

running 550 front 450 rear in the buggy at the moment truggy should be a touch heavier i would guess
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mb4545
I use a lathe to make my pistons out of Teflon. I find plastic has to much stick-tion. 7.5wt oil maybe like water but its all in how you control the flow. By adding a shim stack that controls low speed & high speed compression along with rebound.

that is great mb4545!i like people that think out of the mass!
and let them use some premium-super duper-product from the superman for 8$ few gr.
i like the idea with the thin shim.!
well done!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there pretty much all good oils, just stick to one brand as they are all rated different. Brand x 30w can be brand Y 50w. ( I use ultimate oils, and they are lighter than associated same weight)
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

we been this over and over again.

ultimate oils are lighter than most oil. i use it. wow any significant differences? compared with mugen, kyosho or any other super duper brands out there. not dramatically which i can feel and maybe there is afterall. i just fine tune it. as long it is silicone oil, it fits my bill. my mates been telling me don't use this or that, use this or that, well the time sheets tells all. i am still not the fastest nor my mates could have beat me. brand x the best ? yeap my xxx. i am sure if i would know jared better and he let me sets up his ride with all kinds of oil available in the market there is no way he's gonna slow down.

oil is just substitute. it is only differs from viscosity, and it can be easily fine tune. use what's cheap and availability is plenty. and no brand xxx is better than brand yyy.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by king offroad
we been this over and over again.

ultimate oils are lighter than most oil. i use it. wow any significant differences? compared with mugen, kyosho or any other super duper brands out there. not dramatically which i can feel and maybe there is afterall. i just fine tune it. as long it is silicone oil, it fits my bill. my mates been telling me don't use this or that, use this or that, well the time sheets tells all. i am still not the fastest nor my mates could have beat me. brand x the best ? yeap my xxx. i am sure if i would know jared better and he let me sets up his ride with all kinds of oil available in the market there is no way he's gonna slow down.

oil is just substitute. it is only differs from viscosity, and it can be easily fine tune. use what's cheap and availability is plenty. and no brand xxx is better than brand yyy.
Good point. I like how you said that no brand is better than the other. I to find this to be true. However, I would use mugen oil with a mugen vehicle, just to keep it true, but like you said oil is oil. So again, good point.