ball diff

Old 09-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ball diff

hey guys, i've been trying to work out the kinks in my duratrax nitro evader( i know it's an outdated entry truck), the ball diff dosnt seem to like to work properly... it's tight and everything but when the trucks off i can hold the spur gear in one spot and still roll the truck almost freely.

I have tightened the screw all the way down and locktighted it so it can't back out... and i have also tightened the slipper down all the way so i can make sure it's not the slipper slipping, its running an os18 cv-rx, and masher 2k's.

Any input is greatly appreciated
Old 09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Make sure the balls in the diff are dry, no lube. Second, check the balls for flat spots and check the diff plates for a wear groove. If you see either rebuild the diff.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Center of diff gear has separated around the balls. A friend had one and went through a lot. They used to make an aluminum gear.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

i bought the truck with the aluminum gear in it, and i've pulled it apart to make sure none of the balls have rounded off or anything but nothing.. and my idler gear is perfectly fine, ill try to put a video up to show you what i mean if possible then ill tear it down tmrw and take pics of everything, after i get home from work
Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Evader St forum

Here is a furom dedicated to the evader ST were you guys can work out allits problems with fellow evader drivers.