Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran mine on carpet last night, after some setup work it was competitive with the M05's. I manage fastest lap with it, the car was not as forgiving my M05.
Needed more attention when driving as the car was more on edge. It has better traction out of corners and almost launch control like speed off the line to escape the first corner mayhem.

Setup like this...

Front tires : Xpress mini foams 26 shore
Rear tires : Xpress mini foams 30 shore
Front camber : 1 degree
Rear camper : 2 degree
Toe out front : 3 mm
Rear upright : 1.5 degree Tamiya alu
Front Tamiya M05Ra uprights
TRF black limited dampers with blue springs front and yellow rear
300 Tamiya damper oil, placed 1 o-ring under spring cup rear.
3mm ground clarance.
3racing ball diff with Tamiya thrustbearing and ceramic balls.
Tamiya universal shafts.
4mm alu wheel hub adapters
No extra weight placed in car what so ever, and running lipo.
Ezrun 35A with 3000kv/13T system.
Servo : Futaba S9402
Body : Tamiya Honda S800

I did manage to win 3 races with it, so overall the car has alot of potential.
The other racers had a good look at my car and might get their own now.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Mini Spec Tire

I want to run Mini for the first time in my local TCS event this year. Although, I have raced for a long time, my Mini experience is nothing to speak of.

I see that Tamiya has a pre-built spec tire requirement for 2011 TCS (1016 Pre-Mounted Radial Tires 60D Super-Grip).

I want to practice using the spec tire/insert, but want to build the tire/insert/wheel myself (at a lower cost I assume).

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the tire and insert that match new spec setup? I assume the tires and inserts are available separately???

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Correct

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Needed more attention when driving as the car was more on edge. It has better traction out of corners and almost launch control like speed off the line to escape the first corner mayhem.
First time out on the track yesterday. Unfortunately not much practice and straight to racing. So setup time was really shortened up and I could only really make small adjustments. However I have to agree 100% with RossoTorro. You definitly need to pay much closer attention to everything as the car is on edge a lot. As well, its a bullit when you put the hammer down. I went from LWB M05 to SWB M06 - you can really throw that M05 around and it's way more forgiving. I battled some cornering hops as well which eventually led to some minor traction rolling.

Body was the Alpine. Putting the 2.0 Degree rear uprights was a big help as well eliminating loose rear end on hard accelleration.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Ran mine on carpet last night, after some setup work it was competitive with the M05's. I manage fastest lap with it, the car was not as forgiving my M05.
Hey RossoTorro, what wheelbase are you running?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geppetto
I want to run Mini for the first time in my local TCS event this year. Although, I have raced for a long time, my Mini experience is nothing to speak of.

I see that Tamiya has a pre-built spec tire requirement for 2011 TCS (1016 Pre-Mounted Radial Tires 60D Super-Grip).

I want to practice using the spec tire/insert, but want to build the tire/insert/wheel myself (at a lower cost I assume).

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the tire and insert that match new spec setup? I assume the tires and inserts are available separately???

Thanks!

I know for our TCS round here in NE, you have to run the Tamiya packaged pre-mount set. Which are reasonably priced, you couldn't really get them any cheaper a piece at a time.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankthetank
Hey RossoTorro, what wheelbase are you running?
He was using S800 body so it must be SWB.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by seasons29
He was using S800 body so it must be SWB.
Cool, thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, it is short 210mm.

Dampers are 3 hole pistons with red foam in bladder.

I'm very impressed with the M06. The car has alot of potential, atleast on carpet. What it lose out on corners it gains in exit speeds out of them, and in breaking zones. Some more setup work and it might be my new favourite, and the M05 will act as back up car.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Abarth 1000TCR body

Originally Posted by Timbulb
As stated previously, the Abarth wont fit due to the motor hanging out the back. I use the Alfa Romeo and the Datsun 510.
How about cutting the rear engine bay section, and showing the actual motor, instead of the molded plastic engine? If it fits, better cooling for the motor. Then maybe add some plastic pieces, to reinforce the cut area. It can also be used, with the rear engine lid closed? I know that's not the Abarth way. If someone does this body mod, and will not use the plastic engine parts tree, I'll take them.

Last edited by gtfour93; 01-12-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtfour93
How about cutting the rear engine bay section, and showing the actual motor, instead of the molded plastic engine? If it fits, better cooling for the motor. Then maybe add some plastic pieces, to reinforce the cut area. It can also be used, with the rear engine lid closed? I know that's not the Abarth way. If someone does this body mod, and will not use the plastic engine parts tree, I'll take them.
That exactly what I have in mind, too bad I've been busy painting my Alpine A110 body for the uncoming race on Sunday. I'll get to that right after. Can't WAIT!!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by seasons29
That exactly what I have in mind, too bad I've been busy painting my Alpine A110 body for the uncoming race on Sunday. I'll get to that right after. Can't WAIT!!
You might not have to cut up the engine bay after all. Link was PM'd to me by another member. The ABC Hobby Porsche 911 looks nice as well.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=105144
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default :)

I ordered one, picking it up tomorrow
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
I'll take a Vega GT
I too would buy a Vega GT, and I would by a Shelby Charger GLHS as well, heck I'll settle for a Shelby Shadow CSX
Old 01-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geppetto

Thanks!
51237 Suzuki Swift Wheel (the grey is only availible in the Pre mount)
53254 M chassis 60D super grip radial
53255 M chassis 60D hard inner sponge
Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
I too would buy a Vega GT, and I would by a Shelby Charger GLHS as well, heck I'll settle for a Shelby Shadow CSX
AMEM!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.