Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
losi 12 degree caster blocks? >

losi 12 degree caster blocks?

losi 12 degree caster blocks?

Old 08-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default losi 12 degree caster blocks?

Are these 12 degree blocks worth buying?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allen71457
Are these 12 degree blocks worth buying?
I would say if you got the money then heck yes, they are great and definitely make a diffrence imo and hey one less thing to worry about breaking on the track. Not saying the losi plastics break but aluminum casters are a +! Also look into gettin the hinge pin braces aswell they work good.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Prophet

i dont know i just wish losi whould make them in plastic dammet
than i whould try them.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i dont know i just wish losi whould make them in plastic dammet
than i whould try them.
spelling is all off here im guessing. Did you mean I wish losi would make them in plastic damn it, then I would try them? If so there are many reasons why they wouldnt just make them plastick because who wants plastic 12 degree caster blocks when they will eventually break and that also means more work when you can just spend the extra $30 and never worry about a thing ever again. It will be pointless imo to make caster blcoks plastic if there not stock.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
spelling is all off here im gueesing. Did you mean I wish losi would make them in plastic damn it, then I would try them? If so there are many reasons why they wouldnt just make them plastick because who wants plastic 12 degree caster blocks when they will eventually break and that also means more work when you can just spend the extra $30 and never worry about a thing ever again. It will be pointless imo to make caster blcoks plastic if there not stock.

i dont know, i never broke my plastic blocks and the plastic carrier front hub
i meant i wish that losi would make them plastic also.

its all about money lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would say if you got the money then heck yes, they are great and definitely make a diffrence imo and hey one less thing to worry about breaking on the track. Not saying the losi plastics break but aluminum casters are a +! Also look into gettin the hinge pin braces aswell they work good.
+1, aluminum ones last forever, i ran mine for over a year before i sold the buggy... i had another buggy with plastic ones and i had to replace them about every 5 gallons or so because they would get slop... plus the 12 degree ones gives you better tuning option.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

i dont know, i never broke my plastic blocks and the plastic carrier front hub
i meant i wish that losi would make them plastic also.

its all about money lol.
Basically put it this way, when you put money and rc in one sentence it = exspensive. So look at it this way if you just buy the upgrades then you wont have an issue when i see guys break they replace with onother plastic, but add it up you break 5 plastic casters and you could of just bought your self some pretty, helpful and long lasting aluminum caster blocks.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
+1, aluminum ones last forever, i ran mine for over a year before i sold the buggy... i had another buggy with plastic ones and i had to replace them about every 5 gallons or so because they would get slop... plus the 12 degree ones gives you better tuning option.

i mean i understand that alum hubs do last longer but i guess im cheap lol.
and rather focus on tires and basic setups.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

i mean i understand that alum hubs do last longer but i guess im cheap lol.
and rather focus on tires and basic setups.
slop=slow and loss of setup and so on and so on... no amount of tires will help you when everything is loose and all that stuff... also its a tuning option, that helps tons, more than most tires, you should look at some of my truggy tires and you will say how do you drive so good with tires with 50% of the nobs GONE... the answer will be no slop and setup! tires makes a big difference but i dont go cheap on set up and stuff like that, if there is aluminum i usually buy that because i wont have to worry about it breaking again... i never get DNFs except this weekend, servos and a weekend here or there due to bad glow plug or i even forgot to charge battery... the best part of running 2-3 class
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

slop=slow and loss of setup and so on and so on... no amount of tires will help you when everything is loose and all that stuff... also its a tuning option, that helps tons, more than most tires, you should look at some of my truggy tires and you will say how do you drive so good with tires with 50% of the nobs GONE... the answer will be no slop and setup! tires makes a big difference but i dont go cheap on set up and stuff like that, if there is aluminum i usually buy that because i wont have to worry about it breaking again... i never get DNFs except this weekend, servos and a weekend here or there due to bad glow plug or i even forgot to charge battery... the best part of running 2-3 class
Tires are least of a worry anyways. Give a fast guy bald tires and all he will need is a groove and i gurantee you he will be just as fast. I know guys who use to run bald tires on dry tracks because that teaches you really good. A set up and tires are important but a driver becomes fast by skill not by product or name. I dont care what you say anyone can but a kyosho,xray,mugen, etc etc and look fast and fancy but that dont mean squat if you dont have any skill.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Prophet

well there isnt much you can do with the losi with the slop lol.
i run my tires intill theres very little tread left.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Tires are least of a worry anyways. Give a fast guy bald tires and all he will need is a groove and i gurantee you he will be just as fast. I know guys who use to run bald tires on dry tracks because that teaches you really good. A set up and tires are important but a driver becomes fast by skill not by product or name. I dont care what you say anyone can but a kyosho,xray,mugen, etc etc and look fast and fancy but that dont mean squat if you dont have any skill.
yeah i practice with my worn out tires and i have a few sets of good race grade tires for racing, teaches you so much, and bald tires teaches you throttle control

but lets get back on subject

get the 12 degree caster blocks, they will help you... youll have to change your setup some unless you have a setup for them already.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Prophet

+ 1 i mean i your just club racing a think a good setup will do better than buying alum parts that you might or might not need really.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Prophet

+ 1 i mean if your just club racing, i think a good setup will do better than buying alum parts that you might or might not need really.

know im, i a fast driver well fast enough to run in sportsman truggy and win sometimes.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

yeah i practice with my worn out tires and i have a few sets of good race grade tires for racing, teaches you so much, and bald tires teaches you throttle control

but lets get back on subject

get the 12 degree caster blocks, they will help you... youll have to change your setup some unless you have a setup for them already.
Just get them you wont be dissapointed! They add more option to the buggy and add more set up choices. I would say get front chassis brace and top plate aliminum, quick change and rear hubs aluminum and that losi will be king.They are nice rides just look at whos sponsored by them just be careful with servos spacing and epa's and you will be set!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.